Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4401 results found

1. When I assign supplier invoices to a project then charge the client those amounts and get paid, at the moment to then go and pay those supplier invoices after being payed by the client I have to note down all the invoice numbers then go into bills to pay and find all the invoices to create a batch payment. it would be helpful to be able to pay the bills attached to the invoice through the project tab or even be able to select an invoice in the bills tab and have it show all the bills attached to that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. email with 1-click link to list of unpaid/open invoices...

When invoices are sent from MYOB, the email includes a link to a webpage which individually lists all unpaid/open invoices. This a great feature especially for accountants when they get a statement and find they are missing an invoice (this link would also be a great option to add this link to statements!!).

Essential to not require signin or Xero to access

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a particular reason you'd specifically not want the user to login to Xero to view this information, Ben? 

Currently as you may be aware, there's an option to include a link so that your customer can view outstanding invoices they have with you - See more here 

3. When reviewing a VAT return on the transactions by tax rate tab - there is no way to view the detail if the payment was through an invoice or bill even though you are able to see the detail if it is entered as a spend money or receive money transaction.

Being able to create bills and add attachments is extremely convenient, however, it is not when you are unable to see the detail you have provided when reviewing the VAT return.

Please look into this! Thank you.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we please extend the budget manager period from 12 months to more than 3 years or whatever is possible? The data in the budget manager does not go beyond 12 months and if the budget is to be changed after a year of upload it doesn't have such access.
    When working for a movie/film-making company the budget runs for more than 12 months and it needs to be changed time and again. But Xero doesn't have such an option which makes it impossible to get an accurate variance.
    It would be great help.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Link the data already on file in the Pay Templates directly to the Employees Time sheet. Or at least remove the ability for Employees to view ALL pay items on their time sheet. This creates friction among Employees and angst re different levels that they may not be on. Despite the fact they can't see a dollar amount. Even if I need to create a new Time Sheet Template as long as ALL pay item are hidden on the time sheet from the Employee point of view. Seems an easy fix. get it done please.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the Director's Declaration, it would be great if the report could recognise if there is a single Director or multiple, and then update the wording accordingly. (eg "The Directors have determined" or "The Director has determined".)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Project Summary Report always had actual hours and estimated hours on and since it has been updated this option is no longer available and that is 2 of the most important columns for us. Also the wording of the headings have changed and no longer match the Project Details report which is ridiculous. This report needs to be converted back to how they used to be.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think it would be useful, in the GST Audit Report, to show the Payee, rather than the reference. The reference is often not very informative.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In the case of no transaction in a bank account, we can't import a blank CSV and so the statement balance date stays the date of the last import transaction.

I wish that we could modify the statement balance date to today's date even if no transaction occurred since the last import.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be very helpful if any super that has had the 'Mark as Paid' applied was also shown on the superannuation status page and also on the Superannuation Payments Report too. It is a collaborative QA, transparancy/visibility thing that would be very helpful given we have clients, BASAgents, Bookkeepers and Accountants all trying to make sure a client meets all obligations so showing this would provide good clear confirmation as to what has occured no matter which 'advisor' with permission logged in - we can all support each other this way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Feature that only certain users can change invoices and credit notes after they have been approved.

Our client has had various invoices and credit notes changed after they have been approved and sent to customers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When an overpayment is entered while reconciling the bank transaction, the reference we enter while creating overpayment transaction should appear in the reference tab while applying the credit to an invoice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the files inbox, when I want to rename or delete a file, I cannot do so while looking at the contents of the file. I must close the file and try to find it amongst the dozen or so files sent by a dozen different people, and then rename or delete it. I would like to be able to rename the file while I have it open.

Similarly, I would like to delete files from the inbox while looking at them - I get a LOT of forwarded email threads, and every logo in every footer shows up as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When posting conversion balances, you have to post balances at the end of the month. If you could select a day, i.e. 5th of April, it would make posting conversion balances a lot easier

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I mistakenly issued some invoices and had to void them. That made our invoice number sequence non-consecutive. This is a problem for my accountant here in Romania because we need to file the voided invoices as justification on using non-consecutive invoice numbers.
    I want to be able to print them as PDFs and the documents to be marked as voided.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Split out the 'other previous earnings' section in the YTD section of an employees payslip between commission, annual leave etc

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When creating a new contact, I need a space for the Business registered Name as well as Trading name.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the interest shown on the idea here, everyone. Atm, we don't have any plans for adding a specific field for a Contact / Business Registered name. 

While not a perfect solution as another user has shared, perhaps adding the name to the contact's address field could help surface this detail where required at present. 

We'll continue to gauge interest in this, and share if there are any updates. 

18. Domestic Reverse Charge vat has been introduced in South Africa for precious metal supplies and allied products. Please could this feature be added to the SA Xero?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When completing bookkeeping for a client, if you were to go out of the reconciliation tab you have to go back to the dashboard to get back into. I think that if there was a 'reconcile' link in the 'business' tab if would make us more efficient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Run a report that shows if sales invoices assigned to all projects have been paid.

Common business process;
    -Assign customer and supplier invoices to a specific project
    -Once the customer has paid, then pay the supplier that the project pertains to

At the moment, to get this information, you have to go into each individual project to check if it has been paid before noting and then paying the supplier. This is massively time consuming. Please help, thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?