Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Instead of delete - can we lock tracking category - for our business - this is very critical if we post any transaction accidentally as we have more than 200 in tracking - any solution for this

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Transactions posted after a period end affecting prior periods

Lock dates had not been set and as a result, there has been a few entries in to the last financial year.
    How can I locate these entries?

I have tried a transaction report, but there are no parameters that I could enter.
    Ideally.

Example -
    Our year end is 31st August.
    I would like a report that looks for transactions entered between dates 1/4/22 - 21/9/22 that have a transaction date up to 31.8.21 (last year end)

In other accounting systems, you could take a unique reference number (URN) at…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kellie, you might find History & notes useful for getting the insight you're after here. 

Though it's not possible to filter by the transaction date - You can set a date range like you've mentioned to view activity that has occurred post your orgs year end and ability to filter by Item types so you just view the item types you're interested in. 

Keen to hear if this helps. 

3. While performing a task of Bulk Income Reconciliation , I have to add Invoice one by one likewise 70123 , 70124, 70125 and so on. This is very time consuming task.
    Could we have range over there so that we can directly select all and reconcile the same.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there 👋, for the example you've provided here you could enter "701" into the search field which would search all unreconciled invoices that include this detail in the Invoice Number field. 

While not a definitive range this'd enable you to focus on a group of invoices in a sequence - Would this suit for what you're after here?

4. i need tracking categories for bank accounts - my client has three different branches within the organisation and all have their own bank account. i have managed to create tracking categories for income and expenses but Xero hasnt provided the function for bank accounts. So when drawing the Financials the bank accounts dont reflect with each relevant branch. Is there a way that this function could be created/considered or has anyone have any recommendations on how to bypass this problem?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate seeking options from your community here too.

Trying to think into this one - when you draw funds these statement lines would be reconciled to an equity account in the business? In theory the Tracking would be recorded when the item is reconciled to this account ? 

Please do let me know more detail if there's something I'm missing in here? 

5. Can we please have flexible decimal points on allowances. So overnight stays - 3 - are appearing as 3.0000 and 200 kilometres is appearing as 200.0000 kilometres. I would like to remove those decimal points?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Once expenses are approved it would be fantastic to have an option to "send" this to their next approved payslip rather than having to manually add this to the payslip.

Seems madness this isn't implemented already - what is the point in doing everything in Xero if you need to faff around making adjustments for details that are already in the system.

Employee's submit expenses - so you know who needs reimbursed already.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would like to see a next page arrow in the purchase orders like in files when you can move to the next file OR Purchase order really easy and see the whole thing without having to open new tabs the whole time to view the next one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be really useful that when you are selecting to add a new Group under Row's that it adds the new group option in the location you are currently at, rather than adding it in at the top of the report and having to move it down to where you want it to go.

Also having the ability with the when adding a new formula to be able to select how you want the formula result to appear (ie %, $, rounded $ to the nearest $ etc).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to create a repeating invoice to a customer group

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently when you hit approve on an expense it takes you back to the To Review list. This trip back to where I started adds unnecessary clicks and load times. It would be faster if there was an Approve and View Next option, the same way there is when working through draft bills.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I was recently asked by a client how create a formatted PDF list of their contacts in Xero with addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc.

They had been asked for this by their factoring provider.

I know they can select all contacts and use the option at the top of the screen to export, but that creates a csv file which obviously doesn't have any formatting and runs the risk of it being opened in Excel which then messes up phone numbers etc (we are in the UK where phone numbers start 0 and Excel 'helpfully' removes this when opening…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the extra detail, Ross and apologies I never rounded back on this here. While we also don't have plans for creating a report that includes all the detail from a contacts record atm I've slightly adjusted the title of your idea here and we'll continue to track interest in this here. If any plans are made down the line I'll be sure to let you know on the idea here.

12. There has recently been a change to the setting for "Paid Out" Long Service Leave on cessation. It automatically reverts to "Paid Out". I think this is incorrect or at the very least misleading and prone to error. My understanding is that despite different State legislation the common provision is that whilst LSL accrues throughout working life on the basis of ordinary hours worked, there is not actual entitlement to payout of accrued LSL unless an employee works for at least 7 years continuously. By automatically defaulting to "Paid Out" the setting for a Final Pay automatically attempts to pay…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if the mobile app allowed me to take a new photo of a receipt into folders faster - maybe you could improve the "Work offline" functionality so that it does more in the background.

I need to use this method, instead of emailing receipts, because we have various folders (1 for each debit & credit card) where we put the specific receipt photograph into

R

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if we can lock down the ability for an employee to edit and change their legal name and date of birth in Xero Me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to track Sales representatives commission for each sale.
    Each invoice to a customer will require a commission calculation to be made and accrued to the reps account.

Purpose: Ease of keeping track of commissions owed, and a pulse on cashflows

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the older Project Report function it was possible to select the Supplier Name. This option is now not available in the newer Project Financials report. This is useful as it allows supplier engagement for a specific project to be monitored and avoids the need to perform other more long-winded searches.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Including additional earnings rates in the annual salary display. At the moment it only includes ordinary hours and has confused some of our emplyees.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There are times when we are occupied on payroll date. So, if we can set up a draft pay run to be automatically posted at a later time/day. This would be very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to see the budget csv download with a separate column for ledger code. That way it could easily be sorted by ledger code rather than alphabetically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Should allow non-expense accounts to be tagged for TPAR reporting. Generally, when project is under development, the "expenses" are accounted under "work-in-progress" in balance sheet, not expensed off straight away.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?