For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Invoices - Edit font, bold or underline, with a pop out feature

Be nice to be able to do light text edit in the invoices sent to customers as entering the invoice.

Eg. I invoice multiple facets of a job and underlining or bold each section 'heading' would be useful.

A pop out similar to how it is now handled with online emails with a pop out would be very helpful.

I understand that you can use seperate lines but nothing that stands out to the eye when you are skimming a multipage document.

thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the thought in your idea here, Tracey. Being open this would be quite a drastic change from the way in which branding works wirth invoicing today and I want to be open that we don't have direct plans for this right now.

Good to get a sense of interest in this through the idea here.  

2. Invoice - Change voided invoice date

Ability to adjust the void date for a previously voided invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. one of the ATO requirement is to submit the Expense from other companies with ABN into it. if you can implement by adding ABN to the report, it will be really helpful for us.
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to have options to select different fonts for outgoing emails.

Purpose: To make users outgoing emails more presentable when they send it to their customers/clients.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we've released a new send modal for new invoicing in Xero. As part of this update you now have a rich text editor that allows for small formatting changes such as bold, italics, underlining and the ability to insert emojis. 

You'll also find other improvements like the ability to cc and bcc emails, and have more visibility of your emails and the PDF of the invoice with a preview on the left of the screen. 

While this is limited to new invoicing at present, we will look into surfacing this to other areas of the product over time. We'll let you know of any further change for this, here. 

5. Back button from the New Batch Payment window should take you to the Awaiting Payment window with the purchase invoices still checked. This has been lost with the upgrade to the Purchases window.

Now, the "back" button from an open batch takes you to the Purchases Overview, so you lose everything you've done

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. i would like to know if is possible to add a new field on the invoices dashboard to show the Account manager. at the moment there is number, ref, to, date, due date, due - all under draft. i would like to see AM ( account manager) without having to go into each invoice detail.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The upgraded Quotes layout does not allow me to attach pdf's from the Files Section.
    The only way to do this now is to download pdf from Files. Open Quote and Save it. Upload pdf.

This has significantly slowed down the workflow - please can Xero Quotes be able to add attachemnts from Files and before Saving.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Profitability of projects not correct. We are setting up projects in Xero. We have found the profit figures are not accurate where there are a mixture of GBP and US$ bills. Could you please forward to your development team. It can't be that difficult for projects to pick up a translated figure surely??

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Could there be a function added to hide invoices attached to expenses so they can be kept confidential from other users?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to be able to select the account on a repeating bill as 'CIS Labour expense' (I don't understand why it won't let you in the first place when you can select all other accounts by the looks of it?..)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Here's a copy of my note to Xero Support & their response below:

Hi,
    I prefer to check 'include in emails' for all contacts in an organisation, as the quote & invoice recipient/s often vary & I find it simpler to delete unnecessary recipients from the list on each quote or invoice than to add them. I've only just accidentally realised (after years of use) that invoice reminders go out to every email address in an organisation that is 'included in emails' & not just the email recipient/s of the original invoice - I've been unintentionally sending reminders to multiple…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would like to be able to have adjustable columns on an invoice that I can change what they fill with. Right now an Invoice only has Item as a field. I would like to be able to change from Item to Account. That way I can have one payer and list several clients in the invoice without typing them all in. For instance, if a field was labeled Client Account # or something then I could set up the list with my clients or pull them up from contacts, and just select the clients account number, it would prefill a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Laura, hen you say you'd have one payer - would this be a customer or someone internal in your organisation? 

It still sounds like untracked inventory could work here - for example each 'client' would be set up as an  untracked item, you could select clients using the Item column of the invoice and this would auto populate pre saved data such as the account number which could be referenced in the description column, and monthly service for the account. 

13. Every now and again we have an issue in a client account with someone's User Role being altered without notification.
    I can't figure out if the client is in there making changes without really knowing what they are doing, or if Xero is having a weird glitch.
    (the latter seems unlikely)
    It would be nice if we could pin point who was doing it so we could explain the hassle they are creating!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In Projects, when we add tasks to the project (pulled from Products and Services) and then Create Quote, the Product or Service name is what imports into the description line in the Quote and not the description from that Product or Service, as it does when creating a quote outside of Projects. Having this consistency makes sense (and is strange that it is not already the default) but it makes creating a quote from projects cumbersome, as the description needs to be added manually.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to enter total amount of Purchase Order and number of units, then the unit price will be automatically calculated. Have quotes given by suppliers that are a fixed amount that cannot be changed, and because of the Unit number the total has to round up, it doesn’t give the same total.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SO annoying that when we want to send an invoice using a different email address we have to always go into "Settings > Email Settings" to change the email address and then go back into it to change back once done. Why cannot we select the "reply to" email address from a drop down just like the "email template"?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The online invoice sent to customer (not the PDF) and invoice in Xero only show the Item description and not the Item name or Code, this is not right as it means if we add personal details to the item on the invoice it isn't possible to tell what the item is without doubling up the Name in the Item description

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can we have one more category of user role in Xero (A user role with Ability for only to create all possible drafts + View reports)?

This kind of user role can help to minimise recording errors when any transaction (Quotation, Invoice, Bill, expenses, transfer, receive and spend money) can have two steps approval. It can provide more verification flexibility /security for the business which managed by more than one person as well.

View reports can help the initiator to check the effect of the transaction after approval.

We are looking for your kind consideration.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have a client moving to a different platform for accounting but still needed a stand alone payroll platform for 23 employees and Xero does not offer this so we would be paying for all the other functionality that we won't be using to stay on Xero for payroll

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to identify which Xero files staff members who leave the firm have direct access to the client Xero file as opposed to being granted access from a firm level. This way, before you delete the user from Xero HQ/Blue you can check to see if any clients need to be contacted to update to invite the firm rather than a specific employee.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?