Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Does Xero have any plan to put the payment term feature showing on tax invoice in near future? Currently, we setup on each customer record. But the payment term is not printed automatically for each customer. Hope to see this feature soon on all printed invoice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Emily, there's no way or immediate plans for enabling differing payment terms per contact on invoicing atm.

Right now, if you have differing payment terms for different sets of customers, they way to represent these differences would be through the use of invoice templates.

You can then set a default branding/template to be applied to each of your contacts which'll be auto applied when you raise and send an invoice for them.

2. Projects module has functionality to enter a deadline date but none of the reporting options can export a column with it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We have multiple people responsible for approving invoices depending on the project's PM - would it be possible to assign specific approvers for each invoice?

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to remove value from online quote. This will allow templated quotes to be used where a total value isn't used and individual pricing is set per task. Dependant on the job there are specific rates per brick etc. Which is calculated at the end of a job bet the rate is set at the start therefore we need people to accept our quote (rates) but the total (quantity) wouldn't be determined until job completion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to have a link to click that takes you back to the project that the invoice was created from. There is a note to say what project it was but I have to go to projects and find the project, I would love for this note to be a direct link to the project.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why can't you search for project number using the magnifying option top right main screen?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When a client emails bills into Xero files, they often include a note saying APPROVED or POST TO DIRECT COSTS and even- PLEASE PAY TOMORROW. At the moment I have to open the email, take a copy, email it back into Xero files and then attach that to the bill along with the original bill. Can a copy of the email be automatically attached to the bill when it is processed from files? It would save a lot of time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Xero Payroll only subscriptions!

It would be great to be able to open a payroll only Xero subscription for clients who currently don't need/use Xero for bookkeeping. For example, I have a small client who employees a few people but I only provide year end accounting services to which I use the Ledger subscription to complete the year end accounts. I currently utilise Sage payroll online for the monthly payroll reporting but if I could integrate this into Xero without the need for a main subscription, this would help me keep everything in one place. Even if Payroll could be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please could you enable the option of re-ordering an invoice on the mobile app. Sometimes invoices need to be changed or additions to be made to specific dates. For example, if I want to amend my invoice and add a charge , I would like to be able to press a re-order tab, to make all items billed live, so I can move then up or down the invoice. It is not a new idea, a lot of payment software have this as standard.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using E-Invoicing - the customer does not get a PDF copy of the bill. How do you provide supporting documents?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Most of my projects just have one task, so when I go and create a time entry for a project with a single task, it would be great if the task was already set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to customise a bills report so that each line (or different sections) can be filtered for description, account code, contact etc, rather than the whole report

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul, can you share a bit of detail of why you'd find it useful to filter only particular sections of the report, and perhaps an example of the way you see yourself being able to use this sort of function in the report? 

We don't have any plans at this stage for multi-tiered filtering but it'd be good to better understand your needs behind it? 

13. Cash flow flow to allocate the figures according to the invoice transaction, not the payment transaction.
    Currently, When a part payment is added to an invoice with multiple line items that are coded to different accounts, the amount is split to those lines based on each item's amount in relation to the total of the invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a few more fields for employees such as Date of Birth, start date, Position, Next of Kin, and the ability to have more than one bank account per employee. These are nice HR fields which make a simple payroll system just a little bit better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need CN and (over)payment allocation lines in Account Transactions to be supplemented by invoice number as unique document number. Currently, there is a link through Reference, but Reference might not be unique entry, and so tracking credit note allocation is not impossible. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adding "Funds Brought Forward" row for "Income & Expenditure Report", and a "Funds Carried Forward" at the bottom.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Expenses - Claim query function. Rather than just approve or deny, an option to query with a note to the submitter about the details of the claim or to add a better/proper receipt etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. At the moment on the old P&L and Balance Sheet reports if you change the company on another tab and have the P&L and B/S open in another tab if you press F5 on your keyboard it will update to the new company you have changed to. This feature is not available on the new P&L & B/S which will be the only source from July. I really need this F5 function on the new reports as I have 20 ledgers to run and if I have to keep re-running the P&L & B/S at month end it will significantly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have a tick option to remember old comment OR not remember for the bank rec.  Otherwise people are just going to ignore and use the same comment every time they reconcile a similar transaction, even if it's not valid.  Nice to apply this just to comments vs forgetting coding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The ability to do a Payroll Summary for a period of time like AUS reporting

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?