Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. We have started working with a new bank and they use OFX v2. It seems Xero only supports v1.
    Would be great if Xero can support this new version of OFX.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. atm if a client asks what is included in a figure in the accounts, I can only manually deduce that, or generate a spreadsheet analysing all the Trial Balance into the headings (the tagging screen is quick reference for generating this) but surely it should be possible to run a report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I use the P&L report (a custom one) a lot and regularly compare the current period I'm analysing to the same period the previous year. I have set this as the default in my custom report.

However, it's frustrating that as soon as you change the date you're analysing, Xero changes the comparison period back to the previous month or previous quarter etc. I want it to stick to my default of the equivalent period the previous year but I'm told this is not currently possible by Xero support so here I am!

The only way to resolve this is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like clients who prepare their own BAS to be able to lock periods - as this is good practice for obvious reasons. Currently if they are a Standard user they are not able to access this area to lock periods. If I make them an Advisor they have access to unlocking prior years and make changes (been there done that - never again).
    Please have the option to give standard users the ability to lock periods (i.e. the first lock period date, but not the second date), or provide a solution to address the above issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi Xero,
    could you please add a tick box button TPAR reportable in Supplier Contact - when adding new Supplier to have there option to tick "TPAR reportable"?
    It would really help with ATO reporting when working with high volume of Suppliers/Contractors.
    Atm Xero does not have a tab to differentiate between Supplier providing material only and Supplier/Contractor providing service, labour on which we need to file TPAR every year and within a year we are taking on numerous new contractors.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want a negative Reimbursement line item in the Employee Template.
    This can be done in a Payrun, but cannot be done in the Employee Template screen.
    With STP 2 we have some payroll reimbursement entries that need to be processed every pay. They need to be positive and negative entries so that the Wages Payable account does not go out of balance. This can be done in a payrun - why not in the Employee Pay Template. Please see the screenshots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Invoice setting: There should be the ability to remove the Item Name from the Item column when creating or editing invoices.
    Currently it is not possible to show only the items code.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be helpful if the leave transaction report had a date column so that when you download the report to excel you can sort it by date. It is very frustrating that the date is just in the description and cannot be sorted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have clients with multiple projects and multiple contractors billing for each project. If I want to sort the cost of the contractors by contractor, to evaluate the individual profitability of each person working on the project, then I have to create an estimated expense for each contractor. Easy enough - their contracts have the maximum hours they're expected to be billing my client.

But if I forgot to assign each bill to a tracked expense before I on-bill that expense, then once the hours that the contractor has worked have been on-billed, I can't assign them to a tracked…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we have both CIS deducted by clients and CIS that we deduct from sub-contractors on the P32 report. I use the P32 to tell me what I need to pay across to HMRC but then have to do a separate calculation for CIS that I've deducted from subbies. The way Xero handles CIS deductions from sales invoices is difficult enough already!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi Xero.
    Currently, User's with Invoice Only Access can only approve invoices and bills. However they are unable to remove a payment (or part thereof) from an invoice.

This is a problem if the User accepts a payment, then realises that there is an error on the invoice, as they are then unable to remove the amount and fix the invoice.
    It would be great if these User's could have this ability without having access to the business bank accounts

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you're in the pay run screen, you can only download ALL payslips as one PDF file. We need to be able to download payslips by employee group so they can be sent to the individual managers of the employee groups for review/approval.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. desarrollar el informe de Aged Receivables Detail para que por linea por factura.

adjunto encabezado deseado.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We regularly use Tracking Categories to allocate bills to Projects. The Account Transactions report is great for showing bills and payments by Project. However, each line has to be individually accessed to see the underlying uploaded document.

Accountants regularly ask for these receipts which need to be individually downloaded and we have to manually create a spreadsheet linking each receipt.

This would be hugely easier if the Excel export of the report allowed a field for a URL linking to the uploaded document, like all good receipt tracking apps allow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Our company recently combined all departments onto one Xero account. It would be great to be able to see a 'Department' column on the Business - Quotes / Business - Invoices / Business - Purchase Orders pages so that we can see which departments have raised which quotes etc.

In general, it would be great to be able to customize the overview/summary views to tailor it to which columns are relevant to our business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Janice, appreciate the suggestion in community here. Although each of these areas have a similar page, being open they would each be developed by separate teams and it'd be good to understand the interest in being able to see tracking for each separately to be considered by product. 

I've slightly changed the title of your idea here for Sales invoices. We have one for Bills across here you may like to support, and you're welcome to create others for each area of Xero you'd like to see this in. 

16. We operate two Companies on Xero - the manufacturing company sells to the retail company - so we use the Xero to Xero function for this.
    I understand from the support articles that item codes are not transferred from Xero to Xero transactions. Is there any way to enable this, if we were to use the same item codes in each company? When the sales invoices are shared and received as draft purchase invoices the Item codes and COGS/expenses codes have to be re-entered - we would process about 500 per annum with up to 50 lines per invoice -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove option to send remittance advice when posting batch payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is there a specific reason you'd like to remove this option from your organisation, Ben. For example would this be for certain user roles, or based on your business processes would you want to remove this for everyone? 

18. In order to track and approve "Working from Home" requests it would be useful if Xero would enable pay item ("Working from Home") to be created that would function in the same manner as a leave category but was not leave (i.e. would not be reported to the Tax Office as a type of leave).
    That way employees could apply to work from home, as they do annual leave, and approved working from home hours would automatically appear on the leave calendar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like the field 'Branding Theme' added to invoice report as a column that can be selected.
    Any invoice report - aged debtors by detail would be great. I need to be able to analyse outstanding invoices by this field and cannot.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In the Bank Statement report it would be extremely helpful to have an additional column/option to view the Customer or Suppliers contact name that the transaction has been reconciled to.

We have a lot of invoices for the same amount and depending on who is reconciling, they can be matched to the incorrect customer.
    A report showing the contact would help pick up anomalies, rather then after sending statements wait for a disgruntled customer to notify us that a payment has been made when we have reconciled it to another customer.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Perhaps the Account Transactions report would be of help to you here, Tracy? You can adjust the report to add related account and Contact columns so you could see which account a payment came from as well as the contact it was assigned too. 

• Don't see your idea?