Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Projects, should show full description of Bills & Invoice details, and include partial payments & credits allocated to the Bill or invoices in Projects..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Attachments in repeating bills are not attached to the actual bills when Xero creates the bill.
    If the repeating bill is deleted, the link of the repeating bills will be broken and we cannot get the attachment in the repeating bill.

so I suggest
    1. having the attachment in the repeating bill attach to the actual bill when Xero create the bill; or
    2. have an archive function for repeating bills that are expired so that the actual bill can still be have a link to the repeating bill to find the attachment.

Attachments such as working or scanned bills…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have noticed that automatic numbering of accounts is different that what is general used in Canada. There should be a very clear option when starting a new Xero account to select Canadian numbering and an option to change the numbering to Canadian. For Example, in Canada, Assets start with 1, Liabilities start with 2, Equity start with 3, Revenue start with 4, Cost of Sales start with 5, Expenses start with 6,etc... I have a client who went ahead and started using Xero and it set up the accounts wrong and some accounts you cannot change the numbering to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When a client opens an invoice or quote Xero shows the IP address of whom ever opened it and the time it was opened. This is especially helpful when multiple people have access to the invoices. It also shows that the client did in fact see the invoice especially when they claim they haven't. Handy tool for chasing payment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your interest in how we can build Xero invoicing for you. Right now we want to be open we don't currently have plans for developing history to include the IP address of the user that views the invoice. We will continue to collect interest and monitor this here.

5. I would like to have an option for repeating journals to be done daily. Currently you can only choose monthly or weekly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be able to produce a cash flow report by currency. Also be helpful to do a cash P&L the same way. Used for forecasting expenses by currency

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dan, you can already run the new Profit & Loss in a foreign currency your org is using, as well as run on a cash basis. If you often find yourself wanting to run reports on a cash basis - we recently released Reporting preferences where you could set this as a default. 🙂

We'll keep tracking the interest around viewing the Statement of cashflow in a foreign currency and let you know if there's any plans made for this, here. 

7. On the Gross to Net report being able to group by employment group

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please can we have the option to opt an employee out before running a pay run? It is a bit annoying to have to then refund deductions the following month and employees question it as they think they have opted out!

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi there,

I am using payroll manager currently for all my client payroll services, and xero does not provide reports like HMRC monthly payment, P32, I can see it but can not download it to send to my client for payment. Also no employee wage report whereby my client see all deductions/additions and pay net wage to all staffs.

Please check this software https://moneysoft.co.uk/payroll-manager-overview/ this is far best software so far and probably all accounting practices are using it because its user friendly and provide too comprehensive report to clients and employer

Please improve your xero payroll like this payroll…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When using Xero Payroll as an agent it would be better to be able to hide the agents Govt Gateway ID as well as the password. Could it be updated so that when you tick that you are submitting as an agent, both parts are hidden from the client?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice to have a business overview dashboard similar to QuickBooks. The existing Xero dashboard is designed for bookkeepers and doesn’t have any valuable insights for business owners. Perhaps it would be better to have two different tabs on the dashboard, one for bookkeepers, and another one for business owners.

P.S.
    Numbers of the screenshot are from a demo account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can i request for lock period for specify period such as

Tick   Lock./ untick lock

Jan23 /
    Feb23. /
    Mar23
    Apr23. /
    May23. /
    Onwardj

Existing lock practise lock until mar23.
    If i want to do amendment on feb23, i need to unlock mar23 and feb23, then i can do amendment on feb23.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great that it would be possible to set a default branding theme for a particular currency. This way the payment details added to a theme tailored for a Currency will match the invoice currency without manually having to set the correct theme in the invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shortcut for Bank Rules please - either through button placed on dashboard or via a keyboard shortcut.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vijay, there is already an option to go straight to Bank Rules - if you click on the 3 dots in a bank widget on the Dashboard you'll see an option for Bank Rules like shown in my image below 🙂🙂

If this isn't quite what you're after it'd be good to get more detail to understand your needs here. 

15. After adding a bill to pay, there is an option to add another bill. I suggest another option, "Add another bill from this vendor". I often process more than one bill from the same company.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When viewing a contact, the options to "add group" and "remove group" are two separate functions, making moving a contact from one group to another very clunky. This request is to combine the add/remove feature, so you can simply select/unselect which groups a contact is in. This would mean that to move a contact from one group to another, you would simply deselect the old group checkbox and check the new group checkbox.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Invoice - Add ability to "Print PDF" button to select which Invoice Branding Theme to print regardless of the Branding Theme assigned to the Invoice.

Use Case: Business has products which are legally required to be sent to a third party. White the invoice being sent to the customer is a full invoice, a reduced version is included for this third party. With current functionality, we have to Edit the Invoice, Change the Branding Theme, Print the PDF and then edit the Invoice and revert the Branding Theme back to our standard.

Unlike the "Invoice Options" dropdown button, I'm suggesting…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be extremely useful to be able to either
    1. export the main data from all purchase orders / or
    2. be able to make up a custom report

Ie: Supplier, date / reference / ETA / Salesperson / dollar / Revenue identity etc.
    Used For: Sales team, Customer order ETA's etc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need a warning message when a CIS Return has changed from the original amount submitted, to enable the user to know that an amended return neds to be submitted.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have voted for the idea "Switch Rules - Notes to Financial Accounts" but would like to also propose an idea that may be of benefit if that one is too complex to implement.

Enable a rule that allows an account to be shown/hidden depending on the balance.

For example - if Accounts Receivable is a credit balance then it will display, if it has a negative balance it is hidden.
    That means that the Accounts Receivable account could be added to two schedules in the report, but will only show in one, which should align with switch rules in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate you thinking of other ways to solve something, Jessica. With a lot of the reporting teams concentration on elements to redevelop the most vying features from older reports in the new before their removal later this year I want to be open that we don't have this in pour plans at this stage. 

We'll start to get a sense of the interest for this here, and let you know if there are any changes. 

• Don't see your idea?