Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. Xero Analytics Plus cashflow to show a year not just 90 days.
    The current cashflow upgrade from Xero only shows up to 90 day which is weird as in reality you need to forecast for the year. Is this going to be extended to a year like all the other cashflow apps ?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Need the option to customise the tax years for the entities who don't have March 20XX balance date e.g. December balance date in financial settings.

This still shows the annual certificate as at 31st March.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I look after a business that has been advised by the ATO that their PAYG has cycle has changed & they must remit the PAYG tax to ATO within 7 days of each payrun. This means we currently have to make a manual payment for PAYG to the ATO each week, more if there there happens to be an extra pay run for some reason. Payroll software we use for other clients in the same sitiatuon has the functionality to include the PAYG payment with the ABA file for the payrun, which means everyting is automated. It would be great…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please allow payments to be made to an employee after they have left and their P45 has been generated. Sage, for example, allows you to include past employees in a pay run and tick a 'payment after leaving' box which gives the correct 0T tax code and produces the correct FPS submission for HMRC. This is a very basic part of payroll that needs to be included in this system, the option to create a new employee file in order to pay them is not complying with HMRC and is not an acceptable alternative.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi,

Could you make the "Tell us what happened" box bigger? It's meant to be used for clients to give Xero detail of the what the issue is.

It only takes 2 lines at a time and is abit annoying when trying to compile a message and give details.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your feedback 😊
    If you need to add more detail than two lines, you can resize the description box using the draggable corner in the bottom right.
    To be open and upfront, our product team don’t have any plans to change the description box at this time, but will see how the feedback evolves here and through other channels, and keep this in mind. We’ll be sure to pop back to let you know of any updates.

6. With the currect feature History and note report we are able to see which invoice for example has been edited - change name of invoice - reconciled etc. However we would like to have a more detailed view, for example if an invoice is booked in USD and someone will change the currency in EUR we are not able to see this change , we can see only that the invoice is edited by X person but we are not able to see the change. How can we have this feature?

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, our product team have released their first update to the history and notes of new invoicing where you can now see more detail of the change that's been made such as where an issue or due date has been edited or the amount of the invoice has changed. 

We have more improvements planned for new invoicing history and notes and I'll share more as this comes, here. 

7. More explicit flagging of a leave application resulting in a negative leave balance.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  10 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be useful to have a cc and bcc field when sending invoices so that either the business owner or another individual could receive a copy of the invoice when it is sent. This functionality is available in QuickBooks.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, as we continue to develop new invoicing I'm pleased to share that we have a team that are looking into the flow of sending invoice and adding the ability to cc and Bcc as part of this. While we don't have a timeframe as yet I'll be sure to keep you updated of any change for this, here. 

9. When clients use Xero Me they use the notes section on the timesheet to communicate and for some staff advise their managers what tasks they have completed on that day. Xero help confirmed today these notes are no longer visible once the timesheet is approved meaning we have lost visibility of this information. My client is very unhappy that I did not advise them of this issue, unfortunately as this is a new way of completing the timesheets I wasn't aware this was going to happen, previously my clients were sending me a spreadsheet each fortnight and I was manually…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On the Xero mobile app, it would be great to be able to search Products & Services. If a customer wants a price on an inventory item, I have to create an invoice or quote, then add an item to see a price. A Product & Services link off the Dashboard would be very helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notify Client when reports are published to Xero! Each month I publish client financial statements to the clients Xero company. It would be incredible it I could send a message through Xero to notify clients that their reports have been published! Life - changing - Incredible!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Critical to add the Inventory ITEM in the EXPENSE CLAIM so employees can add this on their company Visa charges

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be very handy to have a link directly from the Dashboard into Manual Journals please...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, if you have the Adviser role in an org from the dashboard you can click the '+' icon in the menu banner at the top of the screen, and select 'Manual journal' which'll take you directly to a new Manual Journal. Does this accomplish what you're after here? 

14. In terms of Sales invoices, it would be nice to create custom invoice numbers per customer. That will default once selecting the customer. E.g Amazon AMAXXX. This would be a nice tool within the default contact setting within Xero

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It is quite often that we need to print a proper record of a transaction for approval or record keeping purposes. (such as spend/receive money, invoice/bill/credit note)
    We have to print from the transaction screen because we need the printout to show the GL account, source type and tax rate name etc.
    However the printing layout is very messy and unreadable, and does not look like a proper record from Xero.
    Is it possible to make the layout more organized or more similar to what is shown on the screen?
    I have attached the printout of the transactions for reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Payroll - Victorian Public Holidays -

Please add:
    Friday before the AFL Grand Final Friday 27 September

I tried but was not able to manually add this as an extra Public Holiday

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Can there please be a function to schedule an email remittance advice at the same time as scheduling a future bill payment. I schedule all bill payments throughout the month but have to record which dates I am scheduling different bills to paid in my calendar so I can remember to send a remittance advice on that day. Would be much more time efficient if could schedule a remittance advice to be automatically sent the same day the payment is made / bill is paid.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to have more flexible permission in Xero Payroll, especially for read only Payroll reports and to give other users permission to approve/decline leave requests.

Purpose: To have more options and flexibility in assigning users to Xero Payroll.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to use other languages (apart from english) in Xero.

Purpose: To make Xero can be more user friendly to people who speak and use other languages.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having the ability to invoice a percentage of each task in a project.
    Our company invoices as a job progresses e.g 20% of one task is completed the first month, and then 50% has been completed the following month.
    At this stage, I am only able to apply a 'discount' to alter the amount invoiced (while still maintaining the full contract amount on the invoice as a reference to clients). When doing this, it also marks that task as invoiced and I am unable to further invoice. The only alternative to this, is invoicing for a project amount and still…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?