Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4131 results found

1. Currently the "Total Cash In and Out graph" on dashboard shows the total cash received and the total cash spent through all of the bank accounts in Xero. This graph excludes transfers between bank accounts as don't they affect the overall total.

It would be nice to be able to customize that graph to exclude certain transactions. Ie. if a shareholder loan is made, this would show up as cash in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How about e-signing BAS'/ITR via the Phone App, at the moment we send out these docs from Practice Manager for esigning via another login but if it could be sent to the app, it would assist small business people who could approve and sign these docs more easily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want a negative Reimbursement line item in the Employee Template.
    This can be done in a Payrun, but cannot be done in the Employee Template screen.
    With STP 2 we have some payroll reimbursement entries that need to be processed every pay. They need to be positive and negative entries so that the Wages Payable account does not go out of balance. This can be done in a payrun - why not in the Employee Pay Template. Please see the screenshots.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Student Loan Tax Calculation
    Xero tax sets out the calculation of Income tax and NIC very well.

Unfortunately, the system is obscure in relation to displaying the calculation for Student Loan Tax which is important for an increasing number of young people coming into financial maturity.

We need to provide adequate assurance both to them and the increasingly aggressing Student Loan Company to avoid penalties and unexpected bills.

I request that Xero includes a breakdown of the calculation on the Summary computation report.

This would add a great deal of assurance and quality control for both our young clients and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Give sales invoices the ability to create self-billing contractor bills - the same as billable expenses but for the the sales side, rather than the purchase side. I produce high vol royalties where the suppliers(producers) do not physically bill, but we need to raise the charges directly in line with the sales received. Massively labour intensive and could be fixed with this function.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. VAT Return - transactions by VAT Box
    Hi our company VAT return is currently over 400 pages long. Reviewing it is not easy when you have the box 1 figure on page one. I then scroll to about page 65 to get to the box 4 numbers after scrolling past it 2 or 3 times.
    It would be amazing if there was a navigation panel to one side that I could click and it would take me to the page of the vat return relevant to the box number I want to review.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We recently had an employee which had a leave type reinstated after a period of over 12 months of it not being used. There was a balance sitting in there for the duration of time that it wasn’t active, and therefore not showing on any payslips that were provided to the employee or filed. We are now in a position that we had to reactive this leave type to be in line with STP requirements and showing leave loading on a separate line. When we reactivated this leave type, ALL payslips for the period of over 12 months were updated…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automate Super to Starter and Standard Plans
    Its is a pain to add employees manually to ATO SBSCH and manually enter their super every quarter for accountants and bookkeepers.
    Please xero, add this feature to starter as well as standard plans so that we can do our job efficiently, and have more time to add more clients to xero so we both are in profit :).
    Every quarter there are around 10 small business clients with 2-5 employees which needs manual jobs and its hard to keep track of it (sometimes clients dont pay and we need to check if…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Need to be able to void/delete invoices on mobile app. (Not have to do it via xero on computer)
    VERY frustrating for clients who invoice daily from their phone and need to void or delete an invoice.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thanks for sharing where improvements in Xero's mobile app could help the way you work. 

While it's currently possible to delete draft invoices through the Xero mobile app, our product team are currently developing the ability to also Void awaiting payment invoices from the app. I'll round back to share when this is live for you all 😊

10. The notifications button in Xero is invaluable, this should also incorporate Xero product updates/features/changes. Had I known of the new Direct link for NAB I would have incorporated it long ago, but the marketing emails get buried.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using the Leave Paid out on Termination feature in xero, the paid out leave is recorded in the Holiday Leave Accrual category. This means we are unable to run a report showing the value of unused entitlements paid out on Termination. This is important information for Workcover Reconciliations etc. Please set up a report for Unused Leave Paid out on Termination.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To be able to set a default to display the actual figures to decimal places as opposed to the current display which rounds up values when exporting bank statements to .pdf document or excel documents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if possible to run an invoice detail report which reflects customer location.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I post an expense through to a project, for some reason it limits it to 100 characters, which pretty much makes it un-useable for me.
    This is annoying, as I was just thinking how handy the projects app is, but now all the "projects" I've set up are basically a waste of time as I need the extra detail on my invoices.
    Please can you change this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A client needs a further option on a bill. Equipment Hire / Plant Hire can be in hours/days/weeks

Another example is gloves - per pair or per pack

If this already exists, please advise, so I can inform the client. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow businesses to adapt their Xero Dashboard with "Widgets" such as reminders of submission dates for next payroll run, CIS submission, VAT Return etc. Also show current outstanding values for net pay, CIS & PAYE/NIC payments, VAT payment/refund.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sharon, a few ideas rolled in the one here. While appreciate the detail it would not be possible for the teams to work on these widgets at once. 

It would be good to get a view of the interest in each. 

I've adjust the title of your idea here to reflect your first idea on reminders. We have another for the ability to show tax on the dashboard you may like to join & support, and welcome to start any others for particular widgets you'd like to see so we can begin to get a sense of the interest in each. 🙂

17. The "Planned Dates" feature in Bills to Pay works extremely well. Key element is that you can bulk update dates as required from a multiple selection.

The "Expected Date" feature has the same potential but also needs to be able to update invoice "Expected Dates" in bulk.

Invoices cannot be updated in bulk from Short Term Cashflow if a part-payment has been made against that invoice. Also, you can't update invoices Expected dates if they are not due yet.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the detail of why the Short term cashflows option is not viable for you here, Karl. 

We don't have any immediate plans around this but will keep an eye on the appetite here and let you know if there's any plans made. 

18. When items get posted into fixed asset module from bills, why isn't the asset type automatically fed from the account it was posted to? This just creates unnecessary work having to assign them manually!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be good to be able pick from a pre-defined list of countries. This would enable clean data entry. Also we are syncing data with Hubspot and it is causing issues with matching to pre-defined lists with the CRM

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automate 'send me a copy' on invoices.

Have the option to automatically select 'send me a copy' ticked when creating invoices/repeating invoices.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?