Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4584 results found

1. Currently when creating batch payment files, multiple bills to the same payee are combined into a single line with only one set of bank payment details (although they appear separate on the batch payment screen in Xero).

Sometimes different bank reference details are needed for each payment, and sending the details in a remittance advice is inappropriate - it would be helpful if the lines could remain separate rather than combined so that unique bank reference details could be added against each line for the same payee

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I recently issued a payroll auto enrolment letter to an employee by email through Xero, but the employees record did not show that the email had been sent.

When I raised this with Xero support they confirmed that currently you are not able to see if or when the document was sent. This means that you have no record of having issued this information, which is a legal requirement.

I believe it is very important to have proof of issuing these documents and the email option should not be available in Xero until you can prove that the document has…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Writing a void check and card number to my account safely and protected and every camera shoot or label for seasons as different styles of dress codes it also sells the outfits faster then just one item and you have an advisoer or acounter to withdraw in my account and I pay bills as I go and be on pay roll and fix this idea project process and broadcast modeling also for this business builds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not sure I quite understand your idea and where you'd like to see change in Xero to help your business here, Kate. If you can come back to share more detail of what you'd like to see changed that'll help when sharing back with the team, and for others that may also be interested in this through the community. 

4. I run a braille transcription business and must submit braille files along with invoice. I would like to send all from once source, Xero, rather than in a separate email. Attach .cdr (CorelDraw) and .B2K (Braille2000) files (other file types, too).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I propose an update to the formatting of the cheque stubs so that summarize the list of bills that are being paid by cheque on the stub, not the individual line items.

I have a client that owns 12 franchise restaurants. Some of the bills that are received have to be split 12 ways. if multiple bills are received, we're looking at that many more lines on the stub. Can we please update the format of the stub to summarize the bills that are being paid to avoid confusion for vendors?

The attached stub is a payment for 3 bills.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. This is a request for the option to show the amount invoiced per month on the dashboard. This will allow us to identify outstanding invoices a bit more quickly and easily.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We use the Billable Expense function on Xero. However, we find it impractical when it comes to allocating the billable expenses. This is because we are unable to see the full description of the expense in the allocation pop-up screen and this results in incorrect allocations.

If the description column can be dragged to resize it, or include a scroll function, then incorrect allocations can be avoided.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't like the new system of averaging the hours out over the 12 months calendar. I've done the maths (even with a support manager at Xero) and it simply isn't accurate unless the employee starts on 1st Jan and works the entire 12 months.

If it can't be binned on behalf of the original system then at least give us the option to pick which one we prefer by selecting a setting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have an employee with an Attachment of Earnings Order (AEO) and whilst I have been able to set up the amount to be deducted on the payslip template each month, it appears that it is not possible to enter an opening balance on Xero for this deduction. I don't know if it is usual to show a YTD figure for AEOs - certainly Student loans have a YTD figure on the payslip and I would imagine that it will feature on the P60, but I can't see how Xero is going to produce this correctly without allowing me to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There's an inconsistency between different parts Xero systems. For example:

New Invoicing has Autosave.
    New Contacts require us to use the Save button.

Reports:
    Accounts receivable reports refer to Invoices.
    Accounts Payable reports ALSO refer to Invoices ... Xero terminology for Payables is Bills.

Is there a reason for these differences and lack of consistency across the Xero platforms?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add an additional Update button to the bottom of Account Transactions report page (or any screen with an update button). Right next to the Save As and Import buttons would be excellent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need to produce a monthly list of completed projects ie all jobs finished and paid in a month but when you produce a report, and set the dates from 1st to 31st, it goes by invoice/expense date so, if 1 invoice in a project paid in the beginning of the next month, it puts that invoice on its own in then next month, thus splitting the project so not showing the correct profit margin. I am going to have to manually do this once I've exported the information into an editable document, which will take hours. Also, as another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would help if the list of emplyees were sorted in alphabet order, by Surname. Also, a BACS report that just shows the employee, amount to be paid, and the total at the bottom.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please create an option on the customer invoice setup to lock invoice numbers so that the user is unable to change or edit the system generated invoice numbers. In South Africa it is important for SARS and audit purposes that invoices are sequential and certain users should not have the ability to change or edit that field. But please give us the option to select when a user is able to edit or change that field.
    Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Approve and add another bill with credit note unapplied.

When you add a bill and select approve and add another, you are automatically asked to apply the credit note or skip, both options doesn't open a new bill window. I would like to see the credit note as an option, not requirement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For those of us that have multiple entities in Xero - Somewhere along the way an extra step (click) has been added when changing from one entity to another, you can no longer just choose your required entity from the drop-down menu (in the top left-hand corner), but now have to click on the drop-down menu and then click 'Change organisation' to show and select your entity.

Are we able to remove this unneccessary extra step (click) and have it back how it was originally?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Employees Hourly rate and hours to be visible on there payslip

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently when you filter all project reports by a date range it pulls the report based on when you assigned the invoice/expense to a project. Please update the report to pull by the invoice/bill date similarly to all other reports in Xero. This is crucial so you can compare your project reports to all other financial statements to confirm accuracy.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Can the ID numbers for the Primary contact as well as the secondary contact be added to the contact details?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow managers who are not payroll admins to submit leave requests on behalf of their team members. This should not be a payroll admin functionality only

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?