Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4146 results found

1. I'd like to see a chat /conversational interface like ChatGPT where we can ask it questions like

What was our profitability last month?
    Where is our biggest opportunity to cost cut?

If I want to get profit to $*** with the same revenues what areas should I focus on cutting the most?

The goal here is to have conversational chat with Xero to dig through the data that's there and find action items to improve the business finances.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea - Thanks for sharing, Carl. 

Not something we have in the plans atm but we'll begin to get a sense of the interest surrounding this here. 

In the meantime, if you'd like to get a view of insights from your org, you might like to look into Xero Analytics and Analytics Plus with Business Snapshot and Short term cashflows, two dashboards that give insight into your business information. 

2. Post foreign exchange revaluations in general ledger as opposed to income stmt and balance sheet only and does not print in transaction report

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allows the option to edit the file name of PDF upon creation for Custom Purchase Order Templates.

Purpose: provides further customisation and automation of Purchase Order templates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To be able to run the budget variance to show either net or gross actuals and not just net as our imported budget is gross so the variance is always incorrect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please add a setting option or a column for display details about "Account" in the table shown in "Bills to pay" instead of only showing "Ref" which the information of "Account" is important and moreover we don't need to waste time to entry "Ref" for checking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently the super funds appear in the super settings page in no particular order. It would be great if they appear in order so its easier to find and check if they have already been added or if a payment bounces and you need to check details.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Kelly Munro shut down discussion on an idea I suggested, because she was under the mistaken impression that she had resolved the issue, which she had not. I suggested that it would be useful to be able to allocate payment of purchase invoice against overpayments and credits. While what Kelly suggested was correct - that this is possible to do when an invoice is first raised, it is only possible at this stage. It is not possible later. I have a client whose main supplier operates a very complicated system of prepayment for orders. This results in a large number…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Heather, while maybe slightly brash do appreciate the feedback. 

With your added detail we're happy to have the idea in the forums here that we can get a feel for the appetite on - You're always welcome to reply to an update I've shared on an idea too and we can review this. 

Please understand it's not my intention to inhibit customer feedback, but will do our best to highlight and share places where features and capability in the product do exist but may just be unknown by users. 

8. Would like to be able to add a fixed amount deduction as pension contributions. Currently the option is to manually add a pension contribution, but this cannot be submitted direct to NEST, so has to be manually typed into NEST.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to setup the ATO integrated Client Account as a Bank Account and receive a direct feed fro the ATO (or relevant Tax Authority) for transactions including Penalties and General Interest Charges.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Could you provide an audit record of dates when and which courses have been completed in My Learning to keep CPD log up to date?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In addition to individual accounts, it would be great to select a group total from the Balance Sheet (or P & L) to put in the Account Watchlist, eg if you have a number of loans and you want to see what Total Loans are on the dashboard.

Somewhat related to idea https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/45925384-dashboard-ability-to-group-accounts-in-the-watch

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I already submitted and someone closed off my ticket incorrectly.

I want the ability to have a default template for INVOICES and a different default template for QUOTES.

Someone submitted this as already existing here https://central.xero.com/s/article/Set-default-invoice-quote-templates?userregion=true

But the default invoice template set for the contact will override the organisation’s default template when you add an invoice, quote, customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Could you please add the option to pay have different payment dates for bills in a batch payment. Perhaps you can select to choose 'one payment date' or the 'planned payment date' when creating the batch. This way we can bundle multiple payments into one batch and don't need to set up multiple batches for multiple payments dates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if possible to run an invoice detail report which reflects customer location.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to be able to run a report of historical Expense Claims, by Customer contact in order to see what Expenses were entered for a certain time period. The Expense Claims Detail report does not show anything when I run it. I need the Expense Claim Report to be able to be sorted by our Customers names, not sorted by our employees.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to select different mailing lists for 1 customer. This will be useful when you have different projects for the same supplier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amna, could you explain your idea a little more? Would this be to send bulk comms to multiple contacts from Xero, or something like being able to set different persons on a contacts record to receive different types of transactions or communications? 

17. We need an approval process which includes multiple approvers who do not necessarily access Xero so a share as with an invoice would be ideal to request approval via email

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A report to run to identify suppliers and customers that have not used in the last 12 months, so we can archive some contacts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not a capture all but maybe a step in the right direction for now that could help, Maureen - Smart Lists could help you get a view of the customers that you've not sold items to recently. 

You could run a New Smart List to view Any customers who have Not Purchased Any items In the last year - Find out more on Smart lists here

19. Currently notes need to be updated manually on the financial statements (as far as I am aware). New accounts need to be added to the respective notes otherwise the figure in the notes will not match the figures in the financial statements.
    I feel that this is inviting error as inevitably there will be times where this process is overlooked.

it would significantly simplify the process if Xero recognises where a note is connected to a financial statement line item, and then automatically fills in the notes with the same accounts grouped in the financials.
    at the very least, there…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Xero app should have the option to slide up or down line items in quote & invoice

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?