Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4122 results found

1. Can we have a report showing the last date of bank reconciliation completed for clients?

This would be beneficial for me, listed by clients but also for the client.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Show pay items (hours) per day on pay slip. So the employee can check hours paid on given day in the pay period and are able to easily check their pay/hours against there records. In my case employees don't have access to timesheets in Xero but even if they did would make it easier to check in one place

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We need the ability to sort the data in the VAT Report table.

This will make it much easier to review all the transactions to check that everything has been properly allocated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can we please have a report that will breakdown annual leave and leave loading. When there is a lot of employees that take leave for a quarter is time consuming to have to drill down into each employee to work out the leave loading to ensure that the SGC amount is reconciled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In Australia one of the criteria to classify as a "small buisiness" is to have 15 or less employees.

Could this also be reflected in Xero's pricing which jumps from 10 employees on payroll to 20.

It would be nice to have a meet half way mark with a fair price for 15 employess.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I need Xero to have more payment file formats to upload bill payments into the bank. It is such a useful function, but it becomes too much manual intervention to add columns every time you export the file to match your specific bank's needs.

It will be great to be able to upload a template that can pull the needed info, similar to a Sales invoice templates.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When running Payment Reports such as Bank Account Transactions or Accounts Receivable reports when you select the Column option of 'Invoice Number' the report includes Invoice Number in the report headings but does not actual provide the Invoice Number for each transaction. We would expect the reports to be able to show the Invoice Number field.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Wayne, this can depend on the type of transaction that you're viewing in the report. Payment transactions don't have an 'Invoice Number' field in themselves, instead they are associated to an invoice. If you have not entered a separate reference the invoice number it's associated too should show in the Reference column of the Account Transaction report. 

I've attached an example from the demo co

8. To allow for the statements in the docx set up to have a field for terms. The due date whilst it prints on the statement it is helpful to the client to see their terms

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rebecca, are your payment terms for customers mainly generic or differ from customer to customer? Just thinking that if generally the same you could use Advanced branding and add your payment terms to the docx template as static text so this would be included when sending statements to your customers with that branding applied. 

9. Accrued Earnings Payroll item in Payroll

We need to record a Project Incentive Payment as an accrual on payslips. These accruals vary per project with some accrued hourly, daily or weekly and are paid at the end of the project.

The Accrued Earnings payment would be setup in Payroll Settings, with a running total displayed on payslips.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Quote information should come forward on the invoice whether you are invoicing from the Quote or invoicing from the Project Amount OR the deposit amount needs to show when invoicing from the Quote.

It doesn't make sense that if someone pays a deposit, I have to use the project amount to invoice but have to re-enter all the quote information (our quotes are broke out in areas with a dollar amount for that area to be invoiced).

If I use the Invoice from Quote, then the deposit amount doesn't show. I then have to work around the deposit that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I find the 'Find & recode' tool very useful, but it would be really helpful if the condition 'Currency' could be added, so that we can choose to see only transactions in a certain currency.

Since MTD for VAT, more and more clients are using digital links as software that automatically extract the VAT amounts from receipts (e.g. Dext), including receipts from other countries. They publish them to Xero and are not aware that they are overclaiming VAT. To make corrections and change these transactions to 'Zero Rated Expenses' we use 'Find & recode'. It would be much easier if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a client moving to a different platform for accounting but still needed a stand alone payroll platform for 23 employees and Xero does not offer this so we would be paying for all the other functionality that we won't be using to stay on Xero for payroll

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please create a link between Quote >PO > Bill and Sales Invoice

I would really like to have some traceability in few years time where I would be able to see from vendors' bill or sales invoice (by clicking on it) what was ordered, and received from the vendor or quoted and charged to a customer. This would be great for instances when items that had at the time of invoice, for example, 10 years warranty but now the vendor is offering only 6 years.
    Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To be able to filter the History and notes - by the date that the changes were made on something specific and not the date of the original transactions.

This would be helpful if the Annual Financials have been finalized, and a change has been made after the fact.

For example: You want to know when the changes toward the 2022 tax year were made, towards the advertising account transactions since a specific date i.e. a date after the financials have already been finalized.

or

All bills that were processed after a specific date and not necessarily the date of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please provide invoice only + draft users with the ability to create purchase orders from the mobile app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this, Amy. 

I've done some testing to check around this and can confirm - While not currently available for iOS devices when using the Xero Accounting app, this is possible on and Android device with the mobile app, or when using Xero on a desktop.

There are some complexities adding to iOS and with a very little usage from IO users there are no plans at present to develop this there. However, it'd be good to get a better sense of the interest, and we'll start to track this through the idea, here. 🙂

16. When doing a catch up job it takes forever to have to click into each pay run then back into pay employees and repeat. It would be great to be able to tick each one on the payroll > pay employees screen and then submit all at once.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are a lot of businesses in The Philippines that would benefit from bank feeds. Even if you cover BPI, BDO and Union Bank I’m sure they would fund the development costs.

This combined with BIR accreditation would see XERO as the leading accounting product in a country of over 110 million people.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are there specific banks you're connected to and would like to see a feed developed for? It'd be good to get this detail that we can share with our product teams.

Also to help community members understand exactly what they're supporting, as well as share these back internally with our teams it's best to keep one idea per thread - I've updated the idea here for Bank Feeds for Philippines and we can make this even clearer if you confirm which banks.

For reporting and BIR compliance I see another user has started an idea across here you can also support.🙂

18. We reconcile monthly sales with an internal ordering/salesprocessing system. This is good for checking to see if invoices have been missed and also to make sure that the net sales are the same in Xero too (another fail safe check). There needs to be a sales report that is easy to run off on a monthly basis showing net figures. Currently I have to run a couple of reports off - identify prepayments and delete them in the excel version, then add another column to work out net value. The latter is not always easy as some of our goods…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Timesheet Tap n Go Widget for Mobiles

The Xero Me app is fine for leave and payslips, but it's not the best for end-user timesheet input or management. Sure it works and links to the pay system, but from an end user experience it's behind other timesheet apps as users have to log in to then manually enter times.

However, with a one-touch "tap n go" widget employees could put on their mobile devices (they already download Xero Me ) so they simply tap to input (check-in) the current time and tap to end (check-out).

This is a common feature…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When setup tax basis: cash basis, the sales tax report could show invoice number and reference by separate column not replace reference instead of invoice number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?