Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4147 results found

1. In Xero it would be a time saver that when you hit print on a batch payment or and invoice that it actually prints instead of creating a PDF first.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We only want to pay the supplier/freelancer once our customer has paid for the service.
    Some form of link between a purchase invoice and the associated sales invoice to flag that the supplier can now be paid as the corresponding sales invoice was settled.
    Trigger something in the Due Date or even set up a payment so that it is easier to make sure we only pay once we have been paid

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Neil, just rounding back on your idea here again. We have a separate request for the ability to be notified when an invoice has been paid. Being good to track each part of the idea separately I'll slightly adjust the title of your idea for the first portion and you're welcome to join this other one for any updates around notification of paid invoices. 🙂

3. Possible to manually adjust the tax amount on the submitted expense claims?
    The tax amount is not adjustable to match the actual tax amount reflected on bills/receipt especially for decimal difference.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be helpful if the 'Account' field on draft bills was prepopulated, either from the the last bill for that contact, or from the 'Purchase Account' in the contact default set up. Using the 'add last items' option also populates the description which usually needs to be edited.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, I can export manual journals from a Xero organization for record saving. However, I cannot use the exported manual journals in Excel format to be imported to another organization directly. Because the exported manual journals show the GST amount in a separate line (GST account). Can you please add a new function to export manual journals for Xero importation? It means I can directly import the exported manual journals from one organization to another without editing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Import data in at same Invoice number in multiple line but there is some negative amount need to included like deposit and charges etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. By adding a 'Related Files Name' column option in Account Transactions reports people can then see which file is related to which transaction when exporting the report

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be useful to run a supplier invoice report that includes the Nominal ledger code the invoice as been assigned to

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. You have marked the idea at "Profit & Loss - Filter Tracking Report by second tracking category" (https://productideas.xero.com/forums/939198-for-small-businesses/suggestions/45050152-profit-loss-filter-tracking-report-by-second-t) as delivered and closed the comments, but unfortunately it's a terrible implementation, and you could really benefit by hearing comments from your customers on it.

It allows the user to filter the data, and then to choose the columns it will appear in by selecting tracking category items for columns. However if I want to change the filter criteria I have to undo the column choices, then edit the filter criteria, and then recreate the columns.

It still does not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With the current financial climate, employees are suspending their KiwiSaver contributions. The Inland Revenue (IR) allows the Employer to continue with the company's contribution voluntarily.

At this stage, it is not 'officially' possible for the employer to contribute to KiwiSaver if the employee is on a Savings Suspension in Xero.

The employee is on a Savings suspension, then the company cannot contribute either. Also, when on a savings suspension Xero requires an expiry date, IR does not always provide a date; instead, advising us when to recommence the KiwiSaver.

If the employee's KiwiSaver is kept active their contribution cannot be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hi

Client is wondering whether there is a way to split bills in the cash flow prediction to show half the bill being paid on this day and the remainder on another day. Currently you can tell it that we estimate to pay the bill in full on this day but can't see an option to split the bill.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I noticed the new invoicing option seems to be not user-friendly as you can't edit the account name there is no option, and the classic is much better. I wonder why that is?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I receive payments using Stripe.
    I have a USD bank account, and my business is based in the UK.
    Stripe recently added a fee for this setup, of 1% per time they pay out: https://stripe.com/docs/payouts/alternative-currencies#alternative-currency-payouts

Now, when I match a payment from Stripe, the payout is out by the value of the 1% fee.
    I am aware of the ability to manually make a minor adjustment for a Bank Fee.
    However, I wish for this fee to be selectable / automatically matched.
    I got in touch with Stripe support, and they sent me this response:

To avoid mismatching invoices with…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could we implement an option to pay an invoice via bank transfer when a customer clicks on the 'pay now' link on an invoice?

At the moment, most of the connected services are done via card and may have fees included on top of what the customer already has to pay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When setting up a new Xero organisation, in Organisation Settings we are being asked for organisation type and registration number. it should be possible, especially for Limited Companies, to pull their details which are stored on statutory register via the API by reference to registration number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When I am manually entering a contact bank account number, I find it disconcerting to be warned to enter the bank account number after I leave the BSB code field. But I HAVE to leave the BSB code field in order to move to the Bank account number field! Leaving the BSB field is not a mistake!
    I think the warning would be better triggered if you attempt to click on 'Save & close' without completing both fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 'Pay Now' shouldn't be displayed on invoices where the customer already has a DD in place as it is confusing, could lead to duplicate payments and cause them to contact us to query whether there is a problem with their DD when they don't need to. Xero say this is because xero can't differentiate customers who already have a DD in place, but they can - there is a flag and this is visible in settings and therefore must be available to developers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi, sometimes I need to open several assets on the asset register at once, side by side and in separate tabs. In the old style report this is really easy as each asset line has a blue clickable link.

In the new report the only way I can see to open an individual asset is by clicking on the whole line which then navigates away from the main listing. You then have to navigate back to the listing to open the next one. This makes things slow and tedious and I lose my place.

Can we have the blue links…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Generate inventory list report in FC by stock codes as it's very important if you have businesses in various countries with different FC to know an item costs EUR *** in Europe vs USD in USA instead of all in GBP

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?