Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4211 results found

1. When delete a file, do not automatically delete it from the linked transaction.

I have had a client delete many of their files from the file library, as she wanted to 'clean it up'. This has in turn deleted them from all the bills/spend money transactions etc and we now have lost access to all the source documents and will need to reenter them.

Even a warning that this would happen, would be better than just wiping everything.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hi - it would be great if there was an indication on the Demo company when the data will be reset. We know it is every 28 days but when is the 28 days up. I've lost demo testing in preparation to show a client how Xero can help them.
    Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have just a client request student pricing/plans as her son is studying and they use a competitor as its cheaper.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To have an individual NOTE area for each Payslip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. At present when editing a contact, the fields are in USA format with Zip code and State - it would be much better for the UK if we could see Postcode and County

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. add column in invoice overview. Hi, I was wondering if I can add a column in the program in invoices overview. When I used sage 50 account before, I could see a list of invoices and first few lines of what the include. Now when I go to a customer and would like to check how much I charged for particular job and I don't know when it was done, I need to open each individual invoice to see description. My invoices usually include one to three lines and would be very helpful to see in one of the column…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We would like the ability to prepare budgets based on quarterly reporting, but enable a comparison of the quarter to date actuals to the quarterly budget

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like to track labour costs in project without invoicing them. The invoicing is done differently. It goes per bag packed, but I would like to know how much on labour it costs to pack the bags. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. bills summary screen - Add Total Bill Amount and Total GST to the Column Chooser and make the settings persist accross all Bills Tabs for the speciofied User and Organisation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove the 'Skip' or 'Allocate Credit' pop up box when entering invoices.
    When entering a number of invoices, if the customer who you are entering an invoice for has a credit on their account, a box appears asking to 'allocate the credit' or 'skip.' By clicking either it takes you back to the enter invoice screen without the option of adding another invoice. This makes it quite time consuming when entering a number of invoices.

Is there a way from stopping the 'allocate credit' or 'skip' boxes appearing?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bank Account Graphs on the Dashboard - I would LOVE to turn these off. They take up space and are of little value.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email allocation to different tasks for Xero-I think it would be beneficial to be able to allocate a different email address for a number of tasks, ie Invoices / statements have one, another for quotes and suppliers ie bills. I have a client that doesn't wish to receive every email for every aspect of the business as its not part of her role. Do you think this would be possible?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Xero has some feeds for First Citizens but apparently not for FCB Commercial Advantage customers. It's worth noting that Commercial Advantage is for FCB's bigger customers albeit We're a $5MM revenue entity so we're not really that big. And Commercial Advantage is accessible nationwide (USA). Furthermore, FCB is not a regional bank anymore. I mean, they bought Silicon Valley Bank after the collapse so I think it's safe to say they've got some size to them. And the real kicker is that I currently download our statements in a Quicken format from FCB so they obviously could set up a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Checks (cheques) cut for Xero US subscribers should print addresses accordingly. Not all the letters in a City need to be capitalized. City not CITY. Furthermore, there should be a comma after City. And if you use the Attention feature in the Contact Address, it should print as the first line in the check address. Currently it prints as Vendor Name, Attention: Jane Doe. That makes for a very odd, confusing addressee on the check.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Could the batch payment run on the bank feed be split to contact amount on the bank feed. At present I run a batch payment in xero which is quicker and I can send out all the relevant remittance advices to suppliers. However I haven't got a batch facility on my bank so enter these payments manually for each individual supplier.

This means when I come to reconcile the bank I have to delete the xero batch payment run and match up the invoices again via the bank reconciliation. This feels like I am doing the work twice, and notes…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change to New Trial Balance

If the trial balance is set to cash rather than accruals I can no longer see the depreciation and accumulated depreciation accounts. This is a pain for clients who report on a cash basis but still have depreciation. These accounts should appear on cash or accruals as this does not effect whether it is claimed in the tax return.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In the old P&L reports there was an option to compare jobs(tracking options) for a selected period. There was an option to filter the exact period (eg 1 month or 6 months) and it also displayed the line items relevant to the job for that month (eg individual COGS lines) It was used to compare Job COGS to a Project Management program used by the business.The new P&L has very limited features particularly relating to filtering. The only option we see now is hours of opening each job, line by line (as it shows all the jobs with no way…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The ability to add a Project (Revenue) Variation would be a huge help.
    If one can add a project (cost) variation using a Task, adding a Revenue variation should be achievable in Xero

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be good if you could go into 'Pay Employees' and next to the STP - Filed or not filed it would be good to have 'Payslips Emailed'. I have no way of checking / double checking if I have sent them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The "Outstanding bills" amount shown when viewing an invoice online is always shown in the Xero base currency, even when the invoice is in a different currency. This is not a good customer experience for international customers.

Specific example: My base currency in Xero is NZD. When I send an invoice to an Australian client the invoice is in AUD. When the client views the invoice online, it has AUD for the invoice amount, but in the blue bar at the top it shows "Outstanding bills" in NZD.

Example screenshot attached.

In Xero we have assigned "Australian Dollar" as the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?