Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4531 results found

1. Would like to add add decimals (up to 4) in the bank rule feature for the tax rates (otherwise I need to manually change all the amount of my reconciliations which is time consuming).

For instance at the moment we can input 102.15% but not 102.1451% which is what I would like to have.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. As a small business it is hard when employees take time off when sick especially with 10 days now. We have an incentive in our contract to either roll these over or cash them up however this is not available through Xero.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. My role as a user is to load my credit card receipts into Purchases/Add Bill. On the template screen I would like to be able to have a "favorite's list" when selecting the "Categorise to an account". Also, all my expenses are to the same Department so it would be great if I could set a default, same with "Select tax rate". Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It appears that in the last two weeks (submitted 23/2/2022) Xero rolled out a change to payroll, which possibly has some unforeseen implications.

It used to be that if you were only paying a small number of employees at one time, you could use the summary screen (capture attached) to copy and paste the net pay figure for each employee to your online banking portal to effect the actual payment(rather than exporting to a file, and then importing the file to the online banking which is a little clunky for small number of employees - there doesn't exist the same…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reports Projects Filter Staff:

When filtering Project time reports by staff, is it possible to show only currently active (valid) users rather than any and every user ever associated with the account for all time? Can the list be alphabetized?

Currently the list includes every user that ever existed including every instance of when Xero Support was invited (via a support ticket) as well as staff removed from the practice. Furthermore, it is in a random order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To add Sort and Filter into Quotes & Invoices and Task & expenses inside a Project, so we can filter by Price/Status/Draft/Awaiting payment/Paid or sort we we want it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the mobile app, please make decimals optional. Decimals take up space and cause large numbers to wrap on the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be good if you did not have to enter the decimal place when entering dollar amounts. Just saves 1 extra key stroke but that adds up to a lot of keystrokes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can a way be setup to do Invoicing for Drop-Ship items where we do not need to add inventory, but it is automatically calculated when invoiced to Track how many drop-shipments are being sent in a month and track the difference between the vendor price and customer price. Having to manually add to inventory is a lot of work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm an accountant and having advised our clients to adopt using Xero they often come to me with questions. It would be really useful if advisers could view the expenses and projects tabs even if we are are not subscribed to use them so we can help the client with issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Are you able to generate comparatives button on the BAS's and IAS's for the previous period and the same period last year, like there is for tax returns? This would be a handy tool to use when reviewing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I'm posting a payment to a vendor, and I choose a bank account to fund the payment, the accounts look like they're displayed in the order in which I created them. But the checking account I use most often is also my newest account and, therefore, is always displayed at the bottom of the list.

Two potential solutions:

• Allow us to choose the order in which the accounts are displayed. (This is my preferred solution)

• Sort the list alphanumerically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have a way to make updates to multiple templates at once or somehow link templates. e.g. trading / non-trading companies, should be the same except for the trading statement/income statement. Would be handy to be able to make updates to both at the same time where possible

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zoe, have made a slight change to the title of your idea here - sounds like this would be within Report templates for a clients org but do let us know if something a bit different you're referring to here. 🙂

16. i would like the option of more than 50 photos as i run a repair and maintenance business and regularly require to send 150 or so photos (before and after) for either bond or insurance jobs this is required for the claims and they prefer them attached to the invoice and quotes at this stage its very hard as have to do multiple separate emails that can get split and can affect payment of invoices. it very messy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the understanding behind your business needs here, Kevin. Would say this is quite a niche idea and something we'd want to see a fair amount of support for. 

Perhaps for now, would it be possible to put all photos associated to a quote or invoice into one document and upload as one? 

17. When creating a customer record, we complete the sales defaults, as different customers have different requirements. However, when raising a quote within Projects, the sales defaults for the associated customer do not populate the relevant fields within the quote.

We are in the UK and have some customers who are CIS and VAT registered, and require a specific sales account, VAT treatment, and we use a particular sales invoice layout. All of these things can be specified in the default settings for the customer. However, when creating a quote for those customers, through Projects, the customer defaults do not get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In pay employees, add pay run the column last edited isn't wide enough to show the full description. It would be helpful to be able to read the whole description of when the entry was last edited. It would also be helpful to know who entered and edited the pay entry.
    If new staff are in training and have completed the data entry but are nervous to speak up if an error was found/made knowing exactly who entered it would help to educate that staff member no what might have gone wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Account credentials for SVB credit card feeds into Xero should not be restricted to the primary account holder. This is not feasible in our business case as these are individuals who are CSuite executives who do not even access our accounting system. Unclear why there is a difference between SVB banking and credit card feeds, they should operate the same.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be helpful it Xero could create a Working Capital Balance Sheet, which also includes working capital ratio. Right now you can customize balance sheet layout to do this but a report from Xero would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?