Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4226 results found

1. Users that can create draft invoices should also be able to print off pdf's and packing slips of approved invoices

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. for blue xero, we have to continually tick COVER PAGE, CONTENT PAGE, and other functions. Please allow us to set a permanent setting so we can generate the reports more quickly

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When raising client invoices, it would be good to be able to submit the invoice to a Manager for approval.
    When processing supplier bills, it would be good to be able to submit the bill to a Manager for approval of payment of that expense.
    In both cases, this would mean that approval details of "who" and "when" would be noted in the History of the invoice/bill without needing to attach a file showing the approval or tracking this outside of the system.
    Ideally keeping the Approval role completely separate to the ability to edit the invoice/bill as well as…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to sort customers/suppliers by their surname.

Purpose: This feature will make it easier for users to find their contacts in Xero.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently you can add a bill / invoice without adding a invoice number or just typing a word or anything - example our debtors lady invoiced (Receivable invoice) a client and overwrited the invoice number (reference) to "Diesel R/Bay" so the invoice had no invoice number

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For retail Shops Sales.
    To put in Daily Sales. Of each stores. As there no function for that in Xero. Only can key in As Invoice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My client uses personal funds for large part of expenses. I have to enter them manually (using Spend Money) and after each entry the screen defaults back to today's date.
    Would be useful if Xero defaults to the last entered transaction date, when using Spend Money, instead to today's date.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The view box that comes up when you approve bills is utterly useless, you can't do anything with them, I don't see the point. Before the recent changes, when you approved more than one bill, you could click on the view tab at the top of the page and be directed directly to these bills in awaiting payment, from that screen you could schedule them for payment. Now you have to approve them and then go to awaiting payment, search for the bills you just approved, make sure that the bills that come up in the search are indeed the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. New reports - enable data capture in links

Currently - if you select a specific date range or filter and then link to this report, that data is lost and upon clicking the link you get the default report and have to reselect the data.

It would be useful and time saving to enable the link to capture that data - the same as the old versions of the reports

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I need to create an invoice template that has free typing for the customer and address. We often have customers visit that are not our usual customers. We dont want to create a new customer every time someone comes in the door. We will allocate to Works (set up as a cutomer) but need a box to free type their boat name, address ect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Andy, from your description it sounds like you may need to hold and track details of these sort of customers for a limited time? As you've found to do that atm you would need to create a new contact record. However, to keep things tidy you could look at adding a generic term or character at the start of the contact name and merging or archiving these every so often so you don't have too many contacts listed in your org? 

While we'll get a sense of the interest surrounding this on the idea here I want to be open that we don't have plans for this sort of thing any time soon. 

11. We need to be able to run a report of historical Expense Claims, by Customer contact in order to see what Expenses were entered for a certain time period. The Expense Claims Detail report does not show anything when I run it. I need the Expense Claim Report to be able to be sorted by our Customers names, not sorted by our employees.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The Inventory Item Details report does not show inventory items where there was no movement during the month. Therefore the report does not tie out to the balance per the TB for inventory. Can this be fixed?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey Louis - thanks for sharing your suggestion!

Understand that it's not quite what you're after, but it's worth a mention: The 'Inventory Item Summary' report will show all inventory items in your organisation, including those without any movement in the selected period. 

I've attached a screenshot as an example, so you can check if it suits your reporting needs  - we'll leave this idea up in the meantime 😊

13. Is it possible to introduce a spending cap in the Xero based on the agreed/ set budget for each expense line to prevent incurring costs above the agreed/ authorised budget?

If the functionality is in place, raising a purchase order that will take the cost over the authorise budget should not be possible. Better still, if this functionality can be introduced, can it also be implemented at the tracking category level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brice, to confirm this isn't something that exists at present. 

Right now, there's the ability to set a credit Limit at a customer level but not on a supplier side of things. We have an idea for this here, but appreciate what you're asking based on the budget comparative is a little different and I'll leave this idea separate so we can track he interest in each. 

Welcome to add your support to the other idea if that's something you'd like to see too.  

14. Standard invoice template should allow users to remove company name and or address within the tick box options - so that those printing on headed paper (containing pre printed logo and name and address of co) can adapt standard invoice easily and don't require advanced work of docx custom invoice to achieve name and address removal

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable full data import from external data source (say CSV) for all emplolyee data not just basic data. That would allow organisations with more staff to easily migrate to XERO without having to manually re-enter significant volumes of data.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We have dealt with a few VAT inspections recently and HMRC request all invoices in relation to the VAT report. We have had to download each invoice individually and rename to match the references posted on Xero which has been extremely time consuming. It would be great if all invoices could be downloaded in bulk as per each VAT report and each invoice referenced to match the VAT report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to run a report that brings up a list of transactions where the GST code has been changed and differs to the GST code that has been assigned to the account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to restrict the 2nd category tracker to a 1st category item.

Eg - Category 1 is the property, Category 2 is the tenant.

When we have multiple properties in an entity it would be great to be able to restrict tenant category to only relate to the 1 property that the tenants are for. This would help to stop a mis-match of property/tenant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Very very occasionally, sending an e-invoice will fail. When this happens, currently the only way to find out is to follow up with the client about their unpaid invoice, find out they never received it, go into the individual invoice and look at the history. An alert would be very useful.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

• Don't see your idea?