Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4124 results found

1. We are a small consultancy firm and we do work for customers for multiple sites. We set up our projects where each task is a separate site. We need to be able to search for these tasks but the search option only allows searching at a project level. Can you please update the functionality to be able to search based on task name?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Aged Receivables + Payables reports - Ability to add SUM formula to Total Column when exported to Excel (like old reports had)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback on the change from older reports to new. While we don't have any direct plans for making updates to the formatting of formulas when exporting to excel we have just made some updates to excel export of reports I wanted to highlight for you here, where we've;

• Adjusted the default zoom from 150% to 100%, and slightly change the size of title and currency fonts to make the report easier to read
    • Made small changes to the formatting of cells in rows to create more consistency across the report

We'll stay tuned into the support for other changes coming through the site here an let you know if there's any news on this, here.

3. Xero Expenses - Can this screen be displayed, like Bills to Pay and with a freeze frame set at the top of the information, so 'New expense' stays put when scrolling?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sort "Bills you need to pay" Invoices by Supplier, then Due Date.

When I make payments to suppliers, I first sort invoices by suppliers name (A-Z) and then by due date, however, the new update does not keep the A-Z order which means the list is not neat and easy to follow for payments.

I can currently sort by due date, however it does not group automatically by supplier, so is very chaotic and requires streamlining, especially if there are lots of invoices due on the same date.

Are you able to amend the programming to allow for this feature?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be useful if Bank uncoded statement line report could also show outstanding payments & receipts. 9 times out of 10 an 'orange' transaction is a client error, duplicate transaction etc. Effectively this would be a complete list of bank items to be reconciled / fixed ( Ideally with the last month, quarter, financial year filter)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to mark an invoice as "shipped". I want to use repeating invoices, but it's an administrative nightmare having to use an external method to track which orders have been shipped to the customer. It's not like you can even download just the invoice header information into a spreadsheet and use that. The export option downloads all of the lines, as well.

An invoice could have a field like "physical item to ship" or "requires processing after payment" that could be used to filter for "unprocessed" items.

A tracking number would be useful, too. Setting it to "shipped" would send…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Xero imports separate feeds for cardholders of the same credit card account. The payments will show on only one of the feeds, resulting in the balance reflecting as an asset and the rest of the accounts as liabilities.

There should be a way to link the accounts together so the merged balance shows on the Balance Sheet as one liability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please allow remittance advices to be sent to clients from a batch payment even if it contains an overpayment. There is something fundamentally wrong for there not to be an option for this. A batch payment of 100 invoices with an overpayment of 1 is not cause for there not being an option to send a remittance advice to my clients. I've had to search the page and manually extract it onto an excel file and then send to suppliers. Very time consuming especially if you make large batch payments for over 50 different suppliers.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Purchase orders reset to 'include GST' ever time you start a new PO. Why does it not just remember the last setting like invoicing does. (Or an option to lock it to a setting)

2. Ability to add more information to invoices like customers phone number or email. It's an option. Saves warehouse staff or anyone having to look up the information. (At this time I use the country for the phone number and contact for the email)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add cropping function on the app when you are adding photo of a business expense receipt.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Xero Payroll - Bank payment details - is currently restricted to BSB & Account Number.

This needs to be expanded to allow for PayID details as more and more employees utilise this.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since the change to the updated Bank Rules page, it now defaults to 'Any Conditions Match'.

I have to change this to 'All Conditions Match' literally every. single. time. I create a bank rule, otherwise it defaults to matching almost all transactions.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing back on the change, Alan. It's difficult to make changes to suit everyone's needs, and changing the default from 'All' to 'Any' was carefully considered as part of the recent updates to Bank Rules. 

This was something users told us would be helpful as many more users create 'loose' rules to capture more statement lines.

Currently there aren't any plans to change this back. What would be more useful would be the ability to set your own default, but for now we'll begin to track the interest of this here.

12. Some xero reports can be run by last month, last quarter, last financial year etc. The above report can only be run by entering specific dates. Could this report have the same pre set date options added? This would be useful for client query lists for monthly/ quarterly BAS Returns, annual accounts/ tax returns etc

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Be able to setup the ATO integrated Client Account as a Bank Account and receive a direct feed fro the ATO (or relevant Tax Authority) for transactions including Penalties and General Interest Charges.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could you provide an audit record of dates when and which courses have been completed in My Learning to keep CPD log up to date?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Transactions posted after a period end affecting prior periods

Lock dates had not been set and as a result, there has been a few entries in to the last financial year.
    How can I locate these entries?

I have tried a transaction report, but there are no parameters that I could enter.
    Ideally.

Example -
    Our year end is 31st August.
    I would like a report that looks for transactions entered between dates 1/4/22 - 21/9/22 that have a transaction date up to 31.8.21 (last year end)

In other accounting systems, you could take a unique reference number (URN) at…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kellie, you might find History & notes useful for getting the insight you're after here. 

Though it's not possible to filter by the transaction date - You can set a date range like you've mentioned to view activity that has occurred post your orgs year end and ability to filter by Item types so you just view the item types you're interested in. 

Keen to hear if this helps. 

16. Currently in European Countries except for the United Kingdom, the comma is used as a decimal separator not the dot.

Europe: x.,xx i.e. €1.250,55
    UK: x,
    .xx i.e. £1,250.55

For those Xero users invoicing to Europe countries It would be great if we could change the format of these numeric separators to better conform to European countries.

The only ability we have at the moment to customise this is to remove the comma separator completely and have no decimal places.
    i.e €1 251

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have an itemised subscription invoice by Xero Organisation, so that it is easy for us to on charge the costs to our clients.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I feel it would be very useful that once a payroll is processed and the system uploads payslips into Xero Me that the employees either get an email from the system or the associated app notifies the employee that there is a new payslip available to view.

I understand that Xero can securely email payslips, but I think that it would be useful for Xero had the ability to be able to automatically notify employees of uploads into Xero Me

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The variance columns in the current P&L reports don't make sense - increased costs show as positive variances, despite the red arrow. The formula is fine for revenue and profit, but needs to be the other way round for costs. Is it possible to have this, or to add a column with different formulae for different sections?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?