Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4212 results found

1. When doing bank reconciliations and a 'match' needed to cover a number of items included in a single payment ( for instance a credit card payment which includes a number of separate expenses), it would be helpful to have a dropdown menu in the 'description' column. This would avoid repetitious typing of entries such as: Officeworks, Bunnings etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to sort by Account Name or Code when customising reports, without having to show the detail of sort. e.g sort by account code without showing the code on published reports

Purpose: More professional documentation and increased flexibility and customisation with reports

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, appreciate not exactly what's being asked here but to confirm what's available at present. 

In the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss you can now show Account code through the More option. From here, use the layout editor to drag & drop accounts to the order you'd like. 

Once set up deselect the option to show Account code and your ordering will remain while the codes are not shown within the report. 

You can also Save as custom so you can then access this layout anytime you need. 

To go deeper with the insights for our team here, it's be good to know the specific reports you're wanting to see this feature in. 

3. To have an option for a bill to be paid automatically on the Due date
    Invoice comes from Supplier. Invoices is processed to Xero with a due date
    On the due date invoice is paid automatically (through interaction with bank)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The Australian version of Xero offers a timesheet summary report. Can we have this in the UK? I need to send a manager details of his employees uploaded timesheet data and there is no report.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To be able to add notes, to explain why Xero has imported an amount to the feed with a different date to the actual bank statement for example. I have to be able to explain to our accountant why the Xero bak balance is different to the bank statement. It shouldn't do this anyway but it does and I have no way of logging this date error. And add attachments (ie actual bank statements) to a published bank reconciliation, you can upload docs to any transaction but not the actual reconciliation??

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When I look at transactions posted to a N/L code, I just want to see everything and then decide how to filter it there or in Excel etc.

We don't need the extra steps of breaking down the data into 000's as that is annoying and takes a little more time for the extra clicks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In Find and Recode allow Advisor only to tick the range of items to show ... 1,000 or 5,000 etc. 200 only is a pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be a really useful to be able to attach files to a bank account within Xero, much as you can to a contact or transaction.

The use cases for this could be:
    When a disorganised client send bank statements in as attachments for irregular payments it would be very handy to be able to store those attached to the account in Xero; as close to where I would want to use them as possible.

There are supporting documents that relate to an account as a whole - such as an accruals or prepayment schedule that would be great…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The report pack is a great feature to save time in downloading multiple reports at the same time. Is there the ability to export these reports to excel as separate spreadsheets rather than as multiple tabs on the same sheet? If not can this feature be added as accountants generally review these work papers separately and it saves time if we don't have to convert the multiple sheets into separate spreadsheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently you can put titles and notes etc on quotes and invoices etc. However the client does not see any of this. This is critical to be able to add notes etc that don't belong on a line item

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When developing a quote via Projects, we can add in an estimated cost and then enter a margin to give an estimated expense. However we cannot then retrospectively see what the original supplier cost is and therefore profit expected. Neither does it offer a field to enter who the supplier is. The Project financial reports have a header to show 'estimated cost' but it does not populate this field. The only time a cost is shown is if it is entered as an actual expense.

Ideally we would want to see estimated costs, the margin added and the supplier during…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Report preferences need more details, eg Comparison periods (to the Date or to the period), apply to custom reports, Apply to Users rather than to Organizations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great to hear you find the Report preferences handy, Andrew. So the team can get a pulse of what they should expand this feature to next, it's good to have a separate idea for each new element you'd like to see developed into this. I've slightly amended the title of your idea to reflect Comparison periods, but you're welcome to start new ideas for the other elements you'd like to set blanket application of. Thanks! 

13. To show the invoice line detail in project reporting rather than a consolidated invoice line.

You have to allocate each individual line on the invoice to a project but on the project report it consolidates to just one line which doesn't make sense when you put the level of detail at the invoice that it doesn't pull through that detail to the project reporting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I already submitted and someone closed off my ticket incorrectly.

I want the ability to have a default template for INVOICES and a different default template for QUOTES.

Someone submitted this as already existing here https://central.xero.com/s/article/Set-default-invoice-quote-templates?userregion=true

But the default invoice template set for the contact will override the organisation’s default template when you add an invoice, quote, customer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There should be a way we can change the email address that the files inbox accepts to make it more tailored to clients?

For example for a client, their inbox files email could be: xero.inbox.owerthsgm56785.49n6356@xerofiles.com which is crazy!

It would be so much better if it could be something like xero.inbox.clientname@xerofiles.com

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be great if the days per week and the hours per day could be for each day rather than a total amount. Sarah does a total of 30 hours per week
    Monday - 0hours
    Tuesday - 6 hours
    Wed- Fri - 8 hours per day
    but because we cant specify what days we have had to go 4 days per week with total hours per day 7.5. This is confusing to look at but we also have to remember when it is a public holiday to change it. Would be good if we could specify the hours worked per…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your input and interest through the idea here, everyone. While we don't have a set timeframe just yet, this is something our team are working on and we'll shift the idea to 'working on it'. I'll be back to share as we have more detail and any updates for you all. 

17. we will have an overseas employee (from NZ) joining our australian company. In payroll I can put under Taxes the status Foreign Resident but not his address in NZ. I find this very restrictive to only be able to choose a State in Aus and no overseas addresses. Anybody an idea how to circumnavigate this without having to find some additional app to connect with Xero as was suggested by Xero Support.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We use Unleashed (UL) for all of our purchases and sales. The team uploads associated files, proformas, invoices, and receipts directly to the UL PO.

When the PO is completed and 'pushed' to Xero, the associated documents are lost. I then have to login, find them, download from UL, and then upload them into Xero.

Is there anyway that these files can be pulled with the rest of the information?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On the contact activity it tells you when an invoice reminder was sent but what would be really useful from a contact relations POV would be to be able to click that interaction and view the email so that you could screenshot/resend it to a client who says they didn't receive it. For example I have one saying at the moment they never received the reminder but did the one after and the one before? Odd? Proving the amount, email it went to etc would be a useful "told you so" if you know what I mean.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to set default reporting options (default to show account numbers, specify no. of results per page, your own date preferences), along with favourited reports - but have it linked to your Xero user profile rather than the client's file.

I work on multiple files a day and don't want to change their file settings - but manually changing to my preferred reports every time the page refreshes is exhausting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?