Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4589 results found

1. Is it possible to introduce a spending cap in the Xero based on the agreed/ set budget for each expense line to prevent incurring costs above the agreed/ authorised budget?

If the functionality is in place, raising a purchase order that will take the cost over the authorise budget should not be possible. Better still, if this functionality can be introduced, can it also be implemented at the tracking category level.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Brice, to confirm this isn't something that exists at present. 

Right now, there's the ability to set a credit Limit at a customer level but not on a supplier side of things. We have an idea for this here, but appreciate what you're asking based on the budget comparative is a little different and I'll leave this idea separate so we can track he interest in each. 

Welcome to add your support to the other idea if that's something you'd like to see too.  

2. Add a date to the end of the payslip PDF file name. eg payslip_20220519 That way easy to save and file each slip without having to rename

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Standard invoice template should allow users to remove company name and or address within the tick box options - so that those printing on headed paper (containing pre printed logo and name and address of co) can adapt standard invoice easily and don't require advanced work of docx custom invoice to achieve name and address removal

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be really good to have a tick box on the Invoice creation page similar to "GoCardless: Collect ASAP" which would cause the payment to be collected ASAP as opposed to on the Due Date of the invoice.

For customers who already have a mandate set up via GoCardless, using "+0 days" for Repeating Invoices or "Today" for standard invoices as the Due Date resolves the problem in a way - the money is collected ASAP.

But for customers who do not have a mandate set up, things get even more complicated.
    We generally set the Due Date of…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. UK payroll - Have the ability to fully process 2 workplace pension schemes. We have 2 contribution schedules, one basic minimum level, one at higher levels. Sage can process both of these and send the correct contribution amounts to NEST. XERO is unable to do this and requires manual intervention in XERO and at NEST. This is crazy, surely I am not the only one with more than one set of contribution schedules?????

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have dealt with a few VAT inspections recently and HMRC request all invoices in relation to the VAT report. We have had to download each invoice individually and rename to match the references posted on Xero which has been extremely time consuming. It would be great if all invoices could be downloaded in bulk as per each VAT report and each invoice referenced to match the VAT report.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to run a report that brings up a list of transactions where the GST code has been changed and differs to the GST code that has been assigned to the account

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to restrict the 2nd category tracker to a 1st category item.

Eg - Category 1 is the property, Category 2 is the tenant.

When we have multiple properties in an entity it would be great to be able to restrict tenant category to only relate to the 1 property that the tenants are for. This would help to stop a mis-match of property/tenant.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My payment provider has recently started taking their fee percentage prior to the deposit, versus charging me at the end of the month.

This has caused each of my deposits to mismatch the invoice total.

Meaning, I need to add a bank fee on each individual transaction.

It would be EXTREMELY useful to have a "default bank fee" or "default credit card fee" button that would:

1) Remember the Contact as [Payment Provider] (currently have to type that in manually)
    2) Add a default description "Credit Card Processing Fee"
    3) Allocate the charge to an account [5150 - Credit Card…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great if you could upload draft Payslips to Xero Me so employees can check their Payslips first (mainly for variable commission) before they are finalised and payments made.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add previous month to the other options to view P&L of this month, this quarter, & this year on mobile app

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Fixed Assets - ability to have a negative fixed asset for when an asset has devalued and the revaluation is therefore negative.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi all, I wish to have to have the pictures and files attached to each of my products being automatically included when these items are selecting when quoting and invoicing. This will save me a lot of time and appear more informative which clients are attracted by.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When I reconcile a transaction in my bank account I can enter a "Why". I.e. Gas for Youth Hostel. So when I have multiple transactions to the same customer, under the same Chart of Account I can differentiate them.

However, this data entry can not be pulled into a report. This is really hampering my ability to differentiate my transactions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stephen, is there a specific report you've been running to try include this data? 

When creating a transaction during bank rec, the 'why' is saved as the description of the transaction. You should be able to  run the Account Transactions report to view this detail in the Account you've coded payment too. Let me know how you get on. 🙂

15. On the new bills screen you're now unable to open other areas (awaiting payment/draft etc) in a second tab without first opening the purchases overview window in a new tab.

On the old bills screen you could either middle click or ctrl+click the options at the top of the list to do this and it was rather useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Set up leave so that it automatically tops up at the start of the year with a set amount.
    I have an employee that has an arrangement of xhours per years to be used as they wish. At the start of each year this reverts back to the agreed hours. Any hours not taken during the previous year is cleared.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great for Reports and Custom Reports to have the ability to include a "Last year to Date" Colum. This would improve the ability to compare how the client is progressing Year on Year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Financial Details Summary - BSB Number and Account Number need to display seperatly on Contacts Dashboard. They currently display as one string of numbers

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you print a batch payment to PDF it currently prints the invoices in a random order (not by supplier name, not by date, not by amount, not by invoice number, not by Details -- completely random by the looks of it).

It would be great if the invoices on this PDF could be sorted in the following order to make the PDF easier to read:
    Supplier Name
    Invoice Date
    Due Date
    Invoice Number

If you are trying to use this report to check all invoices from a statement have been included, its currently very difficult/waste of time.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Since the change to the updated Bank Rules page, it now defaults to 'Any Conditions Match'.

I have to change this to 'All Conditions Match' literally every. single. time. I create a bank rule, otherwise it defaults to matching almost all transactions.

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing back on the change, Alan. It's difficult to make changes to suit everyone's needs, and changing the default from 'All' to 'Any' was carefully considered as part of the recent updates to Bank Rules. 

This was something users told us would be helpful as many more users create 'loose' rules to capture more statement lines.

Currently there aren't any plans to change this back. What would be more useful would be the ability to set your own default, but for now we'll begin to track the interest of this here.

• Don't see your idea?