Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4124 results found

1. Option to use supplier account number as Payee reference when making Open Banking payments by direct bank transfer.

Currently the Supplier account number is not displayed anywhere.

It defaults the Payee reference to the Bill reference which is fine when paying single bills to a supplier. However, if I want to make a single payment to the supplier for multiple bills (group by Payee option), we would want to enter our Supplier Account number as the Payee reference. See attached.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. A number of my client are service businesses and as such all of the payroll costs should be posted either to a Cost of Sale account for Operational staff or Overhead for support staff. I can achieve this for all costs except for Employer NIC cost, which has to be manually moved. It would be beneficial if the NIC could go to an NIC GL dependent upon the type of basic pay chosen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can customise email signatures. Add feedback links in emails

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to search for a particular term within invoices. For instance as service that is not often invoiced. Could then allow you to copy that particular invoice to a new invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We are wanting to create a report for timesheet information for hours worked submitted by employees, that have been reviewed by their managers, i.e. rejected and unapproved overtime worked. The timesheet report only lists the paid hours. We would like to know the hours submitted by employees on their timesheets, versus the hours that were eventually approved and paid for. Are we able to create a custom report for this, to work out unapproved (as revised by the approver) overtime hours per employee, for a specific time period. This information is needed to do the BOOT test each year for…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Find and recode should be able to search a date range by who has recently edited transactions within that date range (I.e User 1 edited 3 transactions between 1/7/22 - 30/6/23 on the following dates).

I work on a file where several people attend to different parts of the bookkeeping process, so being able to see who has edited what transactions within a certain date range would be hugely helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to include some non financial data in zero ledgers for reporting?
    For Example - I would like to include a 'No. of Transactions' for a period that would not be a financial number (so no balancing required) but, this number would be available to add to reports i.e creating a cost per transaction.
    We used to call these 'SKU's' and generally they would Non Financial KPI's like:- production days, FTE's, LTI's or Units produced.
    Any help would be great.
    Regards Iain Vernon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Our administrator generates our invoices and has Invoice Only Access, we need her to be able to change whether an invoice is paid by GoCardless or not, one of our company owners has to do this at the moment which is an inconvenience, please change so users with Invoice Only Access have the ability to change online payments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a client who is VERY mobile active. I noticed on the bank reconciliation page that notes are multiple taps away. On a transaction, three dots, then view note, and then one more click to go back. It was be fantastic if the default on the bank reconciliation page on mobile was to show notes first, like the discuss tab is defaulted to show first on the web application. Then I could instruct my client to view the bank reconciliation on their mobile to see what information I am requesting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Be able to view a report of expense claim details of expenses that have already been paid

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We are a manufacturing company - can i suggest a separate field in your Invoice screen to identify production lines that products will run down, and then another screen that allows the items assigned to that line to be arranged in the required production order. This is basically using Xero as an ERP system - we currently already do this in Xero to a certain extent through the information posted in the 'reference' field, but the last aspect is tricky in that we cannot order the production process without exporting to excel...., hence the request for a screen that we…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have a number of clients that have employees that are paid a daily rate rather than an hourly rate. We currently can't use Xero payroll for them as the payroll needs to use hours rather than days to pay. It would be great to use Xero if there was an option to pay a daily rate rather than an hourly rate.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 50 characters is often insufficient to identify separate products in (particularly) technical book names or descriptions especially where there are different versions of the same book (hard/soft covers, multiple language versions)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On the invoice template there is a lot of 'white space', particularly to the right of the Product Description, which frequently wraps to a second line. The Product Item code also wraps to a second line on occasions. The Quantity, Unit Price, Discount and VAT columns could be reduced in width to allow for the increase in Item and Description fields.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to give specific users access to specific sales.
    We have made our employee have draft only sales access, but now we cant collaborate invoices and quotes there should be an option to give users access to specific invoices & quotes, not the total sales in and out

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Xero app - it would be good to be able to add credit notes via the Xero app

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When importing bulk invoices, have the ability to upload discounts as a dollar amount and not as a %.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Simply be able to schedule any invoice on a specific date and time.

There is already a feature request for repeating invoices but small businesses often have single emails/invoices to send and it would be great to schedule one-off emails.

Eg. It is the 30th of November and you have a non-repeating invoice that will be due on December 15th and you would like to send it on the 8th of December. It would be nice to be able to schedule it be sent out on the 8th automatically and not have to log in again on the 8th to…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Enable partial sale of assets - allows one to dispose of assets that have been added as one transaction.

2. Enable bulk sale of assets - allowing one to select all assets involved within a sale to be sold for one purchase price i.e. sale of a fitout of a Hairdresser, over the years they had purchased numerous items and completed numerous renovations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to link quote and invoice (not billing from the actual quote)
    We currently keeping time in Avaza and pulling time through on our invoices in Avaza into Xero. The actual time(our cost) is then shown in the Xero invoice which is changed to the invoice amount. I am trying to get to the ultimate spreadsheet - Quote (budget column) vs Actual cost (time) vs Invoiced amounts (this all has to be shown as the separate line items quoted)

In summary:
    A report that replicates an excel sheet that we have set up manually at the moment:

Column 1

Client…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?