Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4681 results found

1. It would be beneficial to add an option for the projects to the manual journals

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently, Xero does not have the feature to assign certain working days for part time employees. This becomes very frustrating when doing payroll.

For instance, an employee works Wednesday to Friday and when a public holidays falls on a Monday, Xero will allocate either all or some of the employees ordinary hours to this date incorrectly. This means we will have to manually adjust it each time.

A simple resolution would be to set up employees to certain working days, then the public holidays would assign correctly and there would be no need to manual adjustments.

358 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  33 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A field/box to enter the purchase order number when entering bills

We use a separate system for creating POs and would like to record our PO number in a dedicated field when entering the corresponding bill(s)

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In New Invoicing, I need the ability to view the files in the file library prior to attaching them to an invoice, as I can do in Classic Invoicing. This is because when received into the file library, the files aren't always in the same order as they were scanned. I tried attaching a file using New Invoicing and it wasn't the right file and, because I couldn't return the file to the file library, I had to rescan the document back into the file library. Without the ability to view files prior to attaching them to the invoice, users…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Put the paid date on the Invoices screen. It would be really nice to have the paid date showing so I wouldn't have to click on the invoice to see when it was paid.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have multiple stripe accounts that we need to connect. It would be great to be able to add more than one strip payment processor that connects to two separate stripe IDs.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show forecasted leave balances to allow for planning of Christmas Shut Down periods

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New invoicing...Very slow page load speeds to both open/create a new invoice on the new invoicing platform...and also to add a payment.

Current wait time is 15-20 seconds per page load.

Ive cleared cache and cookies to no avail

I have uploaded some shorts on you tube for you to see the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/M-iKYg1Rikg

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/yxiFl34sIsc

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the short videos and can see what you're saying, Chris - Have you raised a case with our Xero Support team about the slowness in loading?

Actual slowness in the page loading are issues that we'd like to dig into deeper as they aren't occurring for all users so it'd be good to be able to investigate one on one with our Xero Support team who can escalate if needed. Thanks

9. Currently trying to use the new invoicing, but I'll start typing a contact name then tab across before seeing the contact pop up, since I use this contact daily. Under the old invoicing, it would just find the contact once I hit tab. Under the new invoicing, a new contact is created. And since the invoice is saved immediately, this new contact is also saved, so once I finish with the invoice, I then need to go and archive the contact that was created.
    Can we change the defaults or something to fix this?
    It does the same thing with…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, appreciate your feedback. Currently our team are working on some improvements to the To field in new invoicing and the contacts card that appears when selecting a contact. We understand some of our customers make use of the keyboard much more than the mouse and in reviewing the flow when using Tab the team will be making a change to make selection of a contact and movement to the date field smoother. I'll come back to confirm the detail of the change when this is released.

10. Remove the feature of 'Other Previous Earnings', or an option of allowing us to choose whether to have this feature. Grouping all previous pay items into 'Other Previous Earnings' in the same financial year is confusing and our employees won't understand what it is for. Please get rid of it!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Can we have added the ability to split an expense new claim over more than one account from within Xero me, or at least be able to edit this from within Xero once claimed submitted.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Payroll --> Timesheet --> entering hours for employees, there is no option to 'Approve & Next' employee, which would make entering hours easier. It would mean one doesn't have to keep going back to the main Timesheet menu when they are working through a roster of staff.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. URGENT!!!! The new invoicing is quiet frustrating. It doesn't remember past settings when emailing the invoices. So now I need to remember EVERYTIME I send an invoice to click 'send me a copy', which I know I'm going to forget especially if I'm in a rush.

ANNOYING!!!! There's an added step now to attach a pdf. I now need to click add files then drag the pdf, instead of simply dragging it and clicking to send with invoice or not.

It would be good if the Save & Close button had and 'Email for Approval'. I email invoices (unapproved). Once…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for continuing to share back through this idea. Right now, as you may have seen in updates to some other ideas - our team are developing the line item grid where you enter detail of your invoices. This will encompass reduced padding and smaller pixels to condense details and help you see more information in one page without as much need to scroll which will help with the feedback you've shared here.

We'll keep you updated of this release here.

14. Standard layout, which is the one that clients generate and use to check their profits, shows dividends paid, Income tax expense or distributions. This makes the client very confused as these are not part of the operating expenses. Clients do not need to know how to edit or prepare a new layout to take these expenses out. Also, we as accountants can't customize P&L for each of our clients.

This needs to be address urgently.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Invoicing - Show ABN details with Client details in the "To" section of the invoice. All other information is there for reference, excluding the ABN.
    To view the ABN details, you need to leave the invoice screen and go to Contacts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Automatically add expense receipts associated with an Expense Claim to a Project that converts to an Invoice within a Project. Currently, the Expense Claim description is the only info added automatically to a Project when the claim is associated with the Project. Ideally, we need the receipts associated with those Expense Claims also added automatically from the library to the Project without having to search in a long list of library receipts for a match when creating a customer Invoice for expense reimbursement. When we have 100+ receipts at any given time in the library, then we have to search…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We would like the ability to transfer a GST refund to another tax payer. It can be done if we file online at IR and we would like Xero's GST return to file automatically with this feature. We have associated groups and have refunds that we want to offset against another tax payers GST to pay.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to change our PAYG Withholding period to weekly. Only options are None, Monthly or Quarterly. The ATO requires we lodge and pay PAYGW weekly now and this is not possible in Xero. We have to change our PAYGW period to None so that it does not show on the BAS and manually calculate, lodge and pay this weekly.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please keep the current feature of adding item codes to billable expenses so that the preset charge out rate and account pulls through. In the new system adding an item code wipes out the billable expense.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CIS Deductions need to show at the bottom of the invoice on advanced invoice templates as seen on the standard invoice template.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?