Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1405 results found

1. I sometimes(Often) do not understand Xero's Developers Logic...

Purchase Order - Instructions Field. Can someone explain me why, If I change the "Delivery Address", the form automatically clears the Instruction field we just typed?

I first assumed that it was because I can attach specific instructions for a Delivery address... But I search high and low and I could not find such feature.

Xero, Please BE CONSISTENT.

• If there is nothing to fill that Field, Do not erase it just to irritate us.

• Better: Add an Instruction field to Contact delivery address. And fill the Purchase order Instruction Field automatically.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be really useful to have a way of typing the date without having to use a / in between the numbers, like you could on classic invoicing

e.g. 20012024 used to convert automatically to 20th January 2024 on classic invoicing

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. You can only allocate payment on accounts to a customer ledger on Xero by clicking 'Overpayment' which is very long winded. Please can this be simplified to select the customer and then allocate straight as a 'payment on account' and then this can be allocated to the invoice once this is uploaded.

In addition, if there is money out that gets contra'd against money received from a client, there is no way of coding this to the customer ledger.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When copying an invoice to a bill the bill should also pick up the category used in the invoice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please could you allow us to restart the timer for a time entry that has been saved. Sometimes I have to come back to the same "sub task" (sorted by description) after a few hours and I don't want to type out the same description again. Nor do I want to create a brand new task for something that would be part of the same task, but have a slightly different note to it.

I, for instance, work doing IT helpdesk tasks, and I use the description field to differentiate between helpdesk tickets for a client. I do not always…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have to do annual quotes for the service provided.

So we do 1 day quote and then multiply that 1 day quote with the total days of service provided. If there can be a option of have a total of 1 day price and then a separate section underneath to show the total of certain no. of days, that would be great.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new invoicing email sends a detailed summary of the invoice as part of the email. We would like the option to opt out for this like the old email template. We like to breakdown our invoicing internally for reporting purposes but the client does not need a breakdown of line items, just a total. We use custom invoicing templates so that we dont show line by line breakdown and the new email overrides this. Please do not switch off the old invoicing module until this is fixed. Downloading an invoice and sending it through my emails is time consuming…

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New invoicing has introduced more clicks, taps, steps at almost every level.
    Please remove the added friction as it increases processing time.

The "new invoicing" messages are full of comments regarding where these pressure points have been added.
    We are paid subscribers, and beta testing/seeking feedback is wonderful, but being forced onto an inferior model is.. suboptimal.

259 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, thank you for your continued engagement with us on how we can improve new invoicing for you here. 

As we keep developing the experience any actions that include steps and clicks are front of mind for the team. Some more updates that help reduce steps since my last post;

• You can now tab to select a highlighted contact and move through to the next field - related idea
    • Create a new repeating template from a draft invoice - related idea 

Further to this our team are currently doing some work and have designs for a new layout that they'd like to get feedback on. We'd like to open this to our community and have created a form that you can sign up through ✍️- If you'd like to be involved please add your details and the team will be in touch.

Once the team's work has concluded,…

9. Enable the option for invoices to by default display both billing and delivery addresses.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In new invoicing, please revert the ability to edit the postal address 'attention' box, back to the same as classic invoicing. Property managers want the owner's name included in the invoice address, so for each invoice I produce, I need to change the person's name in the 'attention' box. Previously this could be done by clicking on 'edit address' within the invoice, but in new invoicing, I need to edit the address by going into 'contacts', 'edit ', 'addresses', 'edit address', 'update address', 'save'. Once this is done, the ability to email the new invoice disappears, and I have to…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please change the table view on the Business --> Purchase Orders (Purchase Order Overview) to be the same as the Invoice Overview, which expands to fill the width of the page, as the current Purchases Overview is truncated and you cannot see pertinent purchase order details; like the PO name as an example.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When returning to Sales/Purchases Overview page ALL Invoices/Bills Xero automatically scrolls down a page moving past the first few lines.
    Would it be possible to suspend this action please ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When using the new style of invoicing, it is no longer possible to enter a customer payment which having to click on the receive payment option. Using classic invoicing, the fields to enter the payment are present on the invoice screen. The classic invoicing method is much more efficient when entering a large number of customer invoices, so it would be great if these fields could be added to the invoice screen on the new style.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would love to see a newer updated "look" similar to what Freshbooks or Quickbooks Online has. They have a very streamlined look. I like how they have the tabs on the side that say "invoice" and "expenses" without having to go through the dropdown menus.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New invoicing is missing the ability to select the default due date that is against the customer. I had to change the invoice date for a customer with set payment terms of 30 days from the invoice date and there were several suggestions listed but the old option to reset to default date was missing.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We noticed some forms use Edit vs. Revise, and Save vs. Update, and other different wording for the same outcome. It might be helpful to standardize the wording in the Options menu across the forms. A standardized options menu for the common options to save, edit, print, send, delete, etc, might help users learn the program faster and increase efficiency of use, overall. It would for us. What are your thoughts?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if the Contact Name placeholders could populate the name of the individual person receiving the email rather than just the primary person for a contact.

ex. I have a contact name for a child with the primary person being Parent 1 and additional person being Parent 2. Would love if the Contact Name placeholders could address the email to each Parent 1 and Parent 2 independently instead of just addressing Parent 1 in both emails.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the "classic invoicing" interface an alert is displayed at the bottom of approved invoices when the contact being invoiced has existing credit that can potentially be applied to the new invoice. This is a very important feature and strangely it's missing from the new invoicing interface. With the "classic invoicing" now being officially retired this basic feature must definitely carry over to the new invoicing interface.

Without this alert, every time we create an invoice we would need to manually check if the contact has previous credit with us, which makes the process unnecessarily inefficient and unpleasant.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently after adding a payment, the page goes to the Sales Overview - Invoices. It would be good if (possibly just as an option) it returned to the actual invoice I was adding a payment to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Adding a payment to an invoice currently defaults the date to today. It would be useful to have an option to change it to both the issue date and the due date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?