Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4578 results found

1. Please allow remittance advices to be sent to clients from a batch payment even if it contains an overpayment. There is something fundamentally wrong for there not to be an option for this. A batch payment of 100 invoices with an overpayment of 1 is not cause for there not being an option to send a remittance advice to my clients. I've had to search the page and manually extract it onto an excel file and then send to suppliers. Very time consuming especially if you make large batch payments for over 50 different suppliers.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like to add an "Account Type" called Cash on Hand that would sit as a heading on the Balance Sheet Just like Bank, Curent Assets etc does. We have various sources of this account type, and I would like to group them rather than them sitting in current assets as they currently do. They are not technically bank accounts, so don't want them under that heading.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need the option to auto reverse repeating journals to be available. This is neccessary for accruals.
    Auto reverse is available on regular journals but not repeating.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to setup the ATO integrated Client Account as a Bank Account and receive a direct feed fro the ATO (or relevant Tax Authority) for transactions including Penalties and General Interest Charges.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Xero is giving 4 months free of Analytics Plus if the file is upgraded before 30 June 2023.

It would be AWESOME if you would add Analytics Plus to the Demo Company so we could demonstrate the product to team members and to clients.

Expenses is available in the Demo Company, so is Projects, why not Hubdoc and Analytics Plus?

Please make the Demo Company have the FULL suite of Xero products available.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Staff members gets pay reviews each year, which means their cost change. But we are unable to get the change to commence from a certain date so reporting for prior year projects won't be accurate. any way we can put a change commencement date so reporting is more accurate?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hi there! Really loving the "sticky headers" in the new reporting - just so much easier to use and navigate. I wondered whether it would also be beneficial to implement something similar on the other Xero functions. Namely for employee details. Often, I would find that I would click a tab, scroll down and not find the information I was looking for (because it was actually in another tab facepalm), then I would have to scroll back up to the top of the page to select the right tab. If those tabs were "stuck" on the page, then it…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Similar to the ability to email bills into Xero, can we get the ability to email in invoices into Xero please?

Bill email notes
    https://central.xero.com/s/article/Email-PDF-bills-into-your-Xero-organisation

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the ability to click next and previous while viewing a contact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your idea, Joe. To better understand the use case and maybe help others who'd be after the same connect with your idea here - Are there any scenarios or situations you generally find when viewing a contact and wanting to view the very next or last contact in a list? 

10. To lock future dates to avoid invoices being captured in the incorrect month or year. Or to show a warning when the invoice is posted to make the user aware that the invoice is post dated

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please can we have the functionality to add more than one gocardless account to one organisation? We have a client account where funds are directed to a trust account under one account and then our normal gocardless account and would be great to be able to include both sets of transactions (at the moment we have one linked and the other is updated manually at the end of the month.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Expense Claims when assigned to a Customer in Projects should be automatically paid once the Customer pays their invoice. Currently even after they are paid the Expense is still outstanding in 'Bills You Need To Pay' on your dashboard. You then have to manually add payments for these Expenses even though they have already been paid by the assigned customer in Projects. It doesn't make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When entering a Spend Money Transaction show the Bank Balance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 803 is archived and cannot be restored or deleted. this means that 803 cannot be used in a CoA which is incredibly annoying given that the rest of the 800 range is in use. Would it not make sense to archive this with a random account code such as ZZZZ or to simply delete it from accounts who don't use it, or don't archive it so the account code can be changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, Xero offers an excellent feature enabling us to view notes and actions related to invoices and transactions. However, I think it would be highly beneficial if we could also access a detailed history of changes made to reports, such as budget manager reports and GST. Recently, I've encountered instances where my final GST reports were inexplicably reverted back to draft status. This unexpected behavior has resulted in confusion and inefficiencies within our financial management process. Regrettably, I have been unable to identify the responsible party behind these changes, leaving me puzzled and concerned about the security of our data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. On payslips and in reports, I think there should be dates next to the following items so it isn't confusing for the employee and when checking reports. It makes it more transparent too.

Time In Lieu
    Annual Leave
    Sick Leave
    Compassionate Leave
    RDO

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Invoice reminders do not work when generating invoices in a third party app that pushes the invoices across to Xero.

This is unhelpful when the integration is otherwise seamless.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be very useful if the cashflow report could intelligently add VAT payments to Cashflow automatically.

For example when a VAT return if filed, automatically add the payment amount and date to the report, learning as it does with repeating outgoings what the date might be - if you're paying by DD this is pretty predictable.

As invoices are generated (payable and receivable) the report already picks up the amount of VAT payable to HMRC and it would not be a stretch to calculate what is due back on purchases, or to use the known VAT reporting date to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Statements to highlight overdue invoices. When running a statement there may be multiple invoices listed, it would be handy if the ones that were overdue could highlighted as such. currently we are editing every pdf to let customers know which invoices are overdue and this would be a huge time saver.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When purchasing a subscription, there should be a 24 hour cancellation period. On many occasions I have purchased subscriptions that were not correct or not necessary. I upgraded a few of my clients to the Early Plan from the Partner Plan as we needed Hubdoc. Then we found out that Cash Coding was not included and was not stated in the plan description. At that point, I was stuck waiting for 30 days before I could correct it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?