Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4584 results found

1. I would like the Square terminal (The portable device) to link payments to Xero invoices and automatically log them as paid as in the square link that goes out with email invoices

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Listing Time Entries in Chronological Order in Invoicing for Projects.

As raised in support case CX0012531595 - I use projects to create invoices for clients and show time entries for all tasks - the problem is that the draft invoice seems to put all the entries in random order rather than a date order - there is no way to sort by date so that it reads chronologically for the client. Interestingly you can run a report to list entries by date, so that functionality exists in the platform but it needs to be brought into invoicing. I have seen…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When Posting a customer invoice it would be very useful to be able to see customer address and ROI vat number so I can apply the correct vat code. ATM I have to go to contact details for that information then back into invoice posting

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gillian, understand it doesn't accomplish all of your idea here. However you can view a contacts address from the invoice. If you click on the 'To' field once you've added the contact you'll be able to view their email, postal and delivery addresses and telephone. 

4. When sending customer statements, we have a mix of clients who have email, and some who still get sent statements in the post.

It would be amazing if we could apply filters, like in excel, to the send statement screen, so i could say filter out all clients who have a balance greater than $0, but also who has an email address, so we can process statements, then reapply the filter to give all those without an email so we can then print all the statements needing printing.

At present we can sort by email or account balance but not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the Profit & Loss Appropriation Account should be mandatory for all companies

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. To be able to view at a glance the 'period taken from a customer to pay invoices' from the Due Date to when the funds have reached the supplier's bank account. This is instead of exporting the Xero report in an excel sheet and then adding a formula to calculate the difference between the two dates. Surely with all the information already stored in the Xero account, this option shouldn't be too difficult to add. Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be very useful to be able to change the names of the General Ledger Account Types. Also Fixed Assets should be changed to Capital Assets because Capital Assets is really the applicable term because not all Fixed Assets fixed. Machinery, equipment, rolling stocks......

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When using search in Bills/Invoices Awaiting Payment, it would be beneficial to include an option to allowing to search or filter for "not" or "excluding".

For example, if I want to exclude a particular customer/supplier from the displayed results, I could search for that contact name and check "not" or "excluding".

Secondary, but in the same vain, when you do add the ability to search or filter by contact group within bill/invoices, this feature would also be extremely handy to exclude a particular group from the results.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Small businesses are now much more global and have employees in multiple countries. Therefore payroll should also accomodate for multi currencies, otherwise several different payroll sytems need to be used. DEEL is available in multi currency so it would be logical that Xero Payroll is also

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remove the accruals from an employee’s Leave tab / make it possible to delete leave type after it's been included in a payrun

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please can Xero consider adding a Customer Statement option that shows payments as totals (not splits per invoice allocation) as found on the bank statement.

Many businesses have customer accounts that are paid towards or caught up regularly in round bulk amounts that do not neatly match individual invoices.
    In these cases customers getting statements showing their payments as splits cannot easily or intuitively see the amounts that they paid on specific dates.

In dealing with queries ourselves we find that many customers find the Activity Statement format frustrating or confusing, especially when we have to capture part of a…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jessica, it'd take some customisation of the Statement advanced docx. template but it is possible to remove fields from showing that may cause confusion or are unnecessary for your customers. 

You could look at removing the 'PaidAmount' field if this is not required and just keep the 'Balance' and 'Amount' fields. 

There's a discussion over in Xero Central where there are others in community who often help with making changes ti advanced templates and maybe of help here. 

12. When an employee leaves, it would be really useful for Xero to calculate how much leave they have left or have over used and then calculate and add/deduct the value from the final payslip. Currently, I have had to do the calculations manually, and then I add to add the holiday to the payslip and change his departure date to cover the leave period - a bit of a messy fudge.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We need an approval process which includes multiple approvers who do not necessarily access Xero so a share as with an invoice would be ideal to request approval via email

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need to report on employee timesheets against my tracking categories. For example how many hours have employees recorded against Job A, Job B, Job C etc in any given timescale. In the transaction/payroll activity report it only gives £ and not into tracking categories.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For internal control reasons the 'invoice settings' section should be only accessible for certain access types. Anyone with Xero access (excl read only) can go and adjust the bank account manually entered on the invoices sent to customers.

It would be great to have this locked the same way bank account admin is for supplier payments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please give us the option to split the base rate and casual loading items WHILE working with a timesheet. At the moment this has be manually done in every pay run if we want to show the loading separately.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Custom Invoice Template did not work well for Thai characters. I've used Tahoma font as suggested on https://central.xero.com/s/article/Change-font-layout-and-column-headings-on-invoices-quotes?userregion=true#Useforeignlanguagecharactersininvoicesandotherdocuments but the characters above and below letters are not display properly.
    Please find the attached for your reference.

I would like to ask for a font that can work well with Thai characters on invoice template.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new reports are, as default, jumping to the top of the page on refresh. This is impractical and time consuming having to scroll down back to where you were. Can this be looked at and stopped

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Occassionally a debit order fails/ bounces after a considerable amount of time, after the receipt has already reflected on a customer statement. In this case, I should be able to reverse the receipt without removing it from the Accounts Receivable account.

For example, a debit order runs in March and bounces several weeks later in April, after the customer has received a statement.

E.g. end of March they receive a statement showing

Opening Balance 0
    Invoice 100
    Receipt -100
    Closing Balance 0

When the receipt now bounces in April, their next (April) statement should begin with what the closing balance…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When sending invoices using my laptop the 'send me a copy option' remains ticked when creating invoices but it does not remain ticked when sending remittance advices. This would be helpful please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?