Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4584 results found

1. I would like to be able to run a report on expense claims which shows who has approved them at a glance, like a payable invoice report . At the moment, you have to open each and every claim to see who has approved it.

Thanks,
    Sarah

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enable 1099 report to Canadian businesses

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Very very occasionally, sending an e-invoice will fail. When this happens, currently the only way to find out is to follow up with the client about their unpaid invoice, find out they never received it, go into the individual invoice and look at the history. An alert would be very useful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The ability to be able to multiple select earnings types when setting up the employee template.

Also with the ability to select Calculation Type - either Use Earnings Rate or Enter Rate.

If selecting 'Enter Rate' this can be input after the earnings lines are available - like usual.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We really need to be able to set a limit, be it based on number of instances or a dollar amount. Having to do it maunally at present is very problematic when you have a large payroll.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to change the standard Xero password when emailing payslips.

Purpose - if emails were hacked, the current standard password (initials & birthdate) set by Xero is easily guessed. It should be possible within Xero to change this standard password.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allows the option to edit the file name of PDF upon creation for Custom Purchase Order Templates.

Purpose: provides further customisation and automation of Purchase Order templates.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I feel it would be very useful that once a payroll is processed and the system uploads payslips into Xero Me that the employees either get an email from the system or the associated app notifies the employee that there is a new payslip available to view.

I understand that Xero can securely email payslips, but I think that it would be useful for Xero had the ability to be able to automatically notify employees of uploads into Xero Me

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The ability to import a spreadsheet with employees details to bulk update their information.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Xero should add "Add Note" to Expense Claim just like we have it on Bills to pay. This would be helpful for requesters to provide additional information or make comment on their payment requests. Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sorting Manual Journal Entries with a specific description or reference for easy search and find

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the confirmation, Ann - I've just updated the idea title and categories to get this showing where others might be interested too. 

Most recently we released a new Journal report with a lot more flexibility than the older version, and should help with finding a journal you're looking for. 

You can search for a journal by filtering the Journal report by description 😁

12. Hi

I hope there will be a report soon or an update with the receivable detail report showing how a sales invoice was paid (ex. bank, petty cash, other accounts with the specific name)

Thank you!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The view box that comes up when you approve bills is utterly useless, you can't do anything with them, I don't see the point. Before the recent changes, when you approved more than one bill, you could click on the view tab at the top of the page and be directed directly to these bills in awaiting payment, from that screen you could schedule them for payment. Now you have to approve them and then go to awaiting payment, search for the bills you just approved, make sure that the bills that come up in the search are indeed the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, It would be helpful to have following information on activity statement : Total Invoiced amount ( as on Invoice report) and all payment activities ( payment date and amount). Now we have to send two different documents for customers -Invoice report and the activity statement. Would be nice to have all required Information on one statement. Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ruta, apologies for the delayed response. I can see what you mean and appreciate the example you've provided (Thanks!). 

From the looks, although not an exact statement format, the Receivable Invoice Summary report would show the details you're in need of here. 

Within this report you can include Net/Gross columns of the invoiced amounts and also have Payments/Credits shown in a separate column. 

You'll also be able to filter the report by Contact so you could export for a single Customer if that helps too. 

15. Large business that are using automated accounts payable, are starting to request that invoices are sent to them in the cXML format.

It would be great if there was an option to attach a version of the invoice in cXML format when sending an invoice to a customer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Title says it all, the current process requires a customer to full sign up with Xero (and be almost/forced to PAY) just to see an invoice history.

This should be accessible via a rotating link where the current "View all invoices" link is in the upper right -- or extremely simple login system that just takes an email and password.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Adam, understand that there can be confusion for a customer if it is their first time making use of the link and not already having a Xero account. 

The need for the user to create a Xero login to access and view their outstanding invoices with you if for yours and their security in the information that can be viewed. 

Appreciate you may like a simpler sign up process for them and I have slightly adjusted the title of your idea here for this.   It's not something we have intentions of developing at this time, but we will get a sense of the wider interest from your idea here. 

17. It would be nice if expenses could learn and assign a specific account automatically to expenses from a regular supplier.

The process could be:
    1) I take a photo of a receipt
    2) The analyse feature reads the receipt and fills in the date, supplier and amount

THE NEW BIT:
    3) Expeses realises this is a supplier I've analysed a receipt from recently and codes it to the account I coded it to last time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Having a Tax Reporting widget available where a Xero Partner is the subscriber rather than the file being set up on the website. This would allow accountants and bookkeepers who set up and share files with clients the ability to highlight 'important' reports we want our clients to look at on the dashboard and is also a useful shortcut for us as well

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give the ability to set a percentage (i.e) 50% on an employees bank account when paying across more than one bank.
    I have an employee who always splits her pay equally between 2 bank accounts, however she is a commission paid rep and therefore each pay amount is different. So the current function is no use to me- which allows a $$ amount to be set only. This is fine for set salaried employees but not for commissioned sales reps.
    MYOB had a function where you could set a percentage on how much went to bank account 1, and therefore…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please add a setting option or a column for display details about "Account" in the table shown in "Bills to pay" instead of only showing "Ref" which the information of "Account" is important and moreover we don't need to waste time to entry "Ref" for checking.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?