Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Hi, It would be helpful to have following information on activity statement : Total Invoiced amount ( as on Invoice report) and all payment activities ( payment date and amount). Now we have to send two different documents for customers -Invoice report and the activity statement. Would be nice to have all required Information on one statement. Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ruta, apologies for the delayed response. I can see what you mean and appreciate the example you've provided (Thanks!). 

From the looks, although not an exact statement format, the Receivable Invoice Summary report would show the details you're in need of here. 

Within this report you can include Net/Gross columns of the invoiced amounts and also have Payments/Credits shown in a separate column. 

You'll also be able to filter the report by Contact so you could export for a single Customer if that helps too. 

2. When you go into a contact, you can see items that are outstanding and what has been paid, but it would be good if there was the 'pdf' icon against the transaction in this screen rather than having to view the item to see the document.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Large business that are using automated accounts payable, are starting to request that invoices are sent to them in the cXML format.

It would be great if there was an option to attach a version of the invoice in cXML format when sending an invoice to a customer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Kia Ora Xero,

In this 2022 Q4 update, it was nice to see the ability to show in chart the income and expenses by contact. It will be useful if Xero can have a chart for P&L. Users would like to see the distribution of income and/or expenses in chart format with the flexibility to show it by Categories or Groups.

Better if this can be inserted in the Monthly or Annual report under Notes or within the Analysis of revenue and/or expenses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create the report "Leave Balances". This report is available in the AUS version of Xero and is useful when calculating annual leave expense

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone, we have just released the Leave Requests report in UK Payroll. As mentioned earlier users with the Payroll Admin role will be able to access this report from the Reports Centre. This report lists the details for leave requested, approved and taken, for all employees or can be run for a singular employee. We appreciate while it addresses some needs here it is not the equivalent of the Leave Balances report and we'll keep this idea open and share if there is any work planned toward this specific report. We have also created a new idea to track the interest in a Leave Transactions report and I encourage those interested in this here to also join and support the idea for this.

6. ability to group accounts under the Accounts Watchlist in the dashboard just like how it works in PnL report with automatic updating based on a certain criteria

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be great if we could pay our employees similar to how we can process a batch payment in XERO for bills. At the moment I am having to go into the bank account at the end and pay each employee individually.

Is there another way to do this ? I may be missing something.

Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Xero Me - Needs spot in App to input the Earnings Rate and Tracking Category for the employee. Needs a start/stop button for clocking in/out so that when the employee starts the day they simply press start and the app records the time started. When they press stop it records the stop time until the start time is pressed again. This can be used for breaks and for start and finish of the day - these can be edited if someone forgets. Currently you have to type in times and this can only be done at the end of the…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  13 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi
    Would love to see the autosave available for Quotes. Often my clients are distracted whilst creating Quotes and when they've navigated to another section (rather than opening a new Xero tab), the Quote disappears!
    For one of my clients, his quoting is very detailed and this process takes valuable time which he'd rather not have to repeat if the Quote is no longer there.
    Invoices are autosaved of course, once a Contact is entered, so I would assume that the same principle could easily be applied to Quotes....
    Thanks!

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When viewing the contents of files in the inbox, I currently have to close the file in order to be able to open and view the text of the email that it was sent with. I would like the email text to be an optional sidebar when viewing the contents of the file, so that I can see both the contents of the file and the context of why it was sent and who by at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the files inbox, when I want to rename or delete a file, I cannot do so while looking at the contents of the file. I must close the file and try to find it amongst the dozen or so files sent by a dozen different people, and then rename or delete it. I would like to be able to rename the file while I have it open.

Similarly, I would like to delete files from the inbox while looking at them - I get a LOT of forwarded email threads, and every logo in every footer shows up as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bills: unapprove option

Have the option to unapprove a bill so it can revert back to draft/awaiting approval rather than having to void a bill and re-enter it.

509 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the possible solution we shared a few months ago. After careful consideration taking all feedback on board, we will not be moving forward with this solution.

We're still considering how we might solve for the issues presented here over the long term and there are other pieces of work the team are currently delving into such as duplicate bills detection that may also help solve some needs here.

That said, we'll move the idea back to Submitted and continue to keep you updated on any progression that can help the needs expressed through the idea here. Thanks

13. Provide functionality in Xero to add attachments to a group invoice.

Annually when we issue membership
    subscriptions there are a number of attachments that need to be included with the invoice, this is currently a manual process. Adding the sane attachments to over 80 invoices is time consuming and tedious.

Given Xero has this functionality already, it should be expanded to include the functionality of adding attachments when creating an invoice o a contact group.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your feedback here, everyone. While we've recently released contact group invoicing with new invoicing, the ability to attach and send an attachment has not changed for the time being.

Contact Group invoicing will only create draft invoices for the contacts within that group, so you'll need to attach any documents to the individual invoices that are created and select to include these with the invoice when sending.

We'll continue to review this idea as a future enhancement, and I'll let you know if there are any changes planned, here.

14. Sometimes I want to add more than one invoice at the same time, and so I choose the "Approve + Add Another" option in the button dropdown. That's helpful, since it's fewer clicks and fewer page loads. But for the second invoice form, the button stays with "Approve" and I need to click the small dropdown arrow and go into the button menu again and select "Approve + Add Another", and repeat this for every invoice that I add.

I think if someone selects "Approve + Add Another", then the second invoice form should have "Approve + Add Another" as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be really helpful if there was a report that showed the actual amount of hours worked per month per individual and as a total. Our company has busy seasons, as well as quiet seasons and having a report like this would help us in planning our staffing situation.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  18 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To be able to produce a report on historic timesheets, week by week and or month by month for each employee

Timesheet report

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When printing newly created checks it would be nice to have the ability to easily select all for just those new checks by marking all previously printed checks as having already been printed instead of either having to check the box next to each check you want to print or by doing a search by date (if you print checks once daily) to be able to then select all to print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. On bills awaiting payment and payment batches having a way to copy the amount that is not formatted so that it can be pasted directly into bank payment amount fields. At the moment the value is formatted with commas "1,200" which cannot be copied directly to a bank payment page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Only allow people with limited access to Projects to see their own hours/project, not the total hours billed to any project. The total hours are really none of their business.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My payment provider has recently started taking their fee percentage prior to the deposit, versus charging me at the end of the month.

This has caused each of my deposits to mismatch the invoice total.

Meaning, I need to add a bank fee on each individual transaction.

It would be EXTREMELY useful to have a "default bank fee" or "default credit card fee" button that would:

1) Remember the Contact as [Payment Provider] (currently have to type that in manually)
    2) Add a default description "Credit Card Processing Fee"
    3) Allocate the charge to an account [5150 - Credit Card…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?