Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Here's a copy of my note to Xero Support & their response below:

Hi,
    I prefer to check 'include in emails' for all contacts in an organisation, as the quote & invoice recipient/s often vary & I find it simpler to delete unnecessary recipients from the list on each quote or invoice than to add them. I've only just accidentally realised (after years of use) that invoice reminders go out to every email address in an organisation that is 'included in emails' & not just the email recipient/s of the original invoice - I've been unintentionally sending reminders to multiple…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Chart of Accounts - need a suggested code numbering template to enhance uniformity and save time dreaming up numbers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Xero should have the ability (similar to QuickBooks) to have sub accounts in Chart of Accounts.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Yes that's right. Let's say you pay a subby £150 in advance and allocate that as an overpayment on their account from the bank feed. You then get an invoice from them a couple of weeks later for £500 and deduct CIS of £100 leaving £400 outstanding. You allocate the overpayment from the account of £150 and pay your subby the balance of £250. The system will only declare CIS on the £250 element of what you have paid. You have to know an overpayment has been allocated, reverse it and allocate the payment directly to the invoice for it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need a process to close month end. After this process has been executed the month is locked and changes are not posted to it unless we unlock it first. This feature is available in other accounting packages

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can we have one more category of user role in Xero (A user role with Ability for only to create all possible drafts + View reports)?

This kind of user role can help to minimise recording errors when any transaction (Quotation, Invoice, Bill, expenses, transfer, receive and spend money) can have two steps approval. It can provide more verification flexibility /security for the business which managed by more than one person as well.

View reports can help the initiator to check the effect of the transaction after approval.

We are looking for your kind consideration.

Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have a client moving to a different platform for accounting but still needed a stand alone payroll platform for 23 employees and Xero does not offer this so we would be paying for all the other functionality that we won't be using to stay on Xero for payroll

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please create a link between Quote >PO > Bill and Sales Invoice

I would really like to have some traceability in few years time where I would be able to see from vendors' bill or sales invoice (by clicking on it) what was ordered, and received from the vendor or quoted and charged to a customer. This would be great for instances when items that had at the time of invoice, for example, 10 years warranty but now the vendor is offering only 6 years.
    Thank you

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. STP2 - Splitting allowances for all purpose from the hourly rate

We have employees with all purpose allowances - ie it forms part of the base hourly rate and extrapolates in to overtime rates and annual leave loading. I now have to take it out of the rate and pay as separate line items including overtime and annual leave multipliers.

Is Xero in their pay templates going to make changes to say have a tick box to indicate an add on allowance to the rate so regardless of the pay lines (that are set up as such) they multiply they…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community 👋 thanks for the interest in this idea! 

Just to clarify, when creating a new allowance pay item, you'll have the options to 'Contribute towards annual leave rate' and 'contributes towards overtime rate'.

This setting will include allowance type pay items in the calculation of annual leave and overtime rates. 

I can see the main request here was a 'box to indicate an add on allowance'. 

Can you confirm if this tick box in payroll settings solves that request? 

-Ethan M

10. Ability to identify which Xero files staff members who leave the firm have direct access to the client Xero file as opposed to being granted access from a firm level. This way, before you delete the user from Xero HQ/Blue you can check to see if any clients need to be contacted to update to invite the firm rather than a specific employee.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to forward receipts I have received via email which are NOT attachments, but are inline / html receipts, and have Xero read them, like Expensify can.

I waste so much time receiving emailed receipts (BPME for example) which I then have to save as a PDF and forward / upload.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Batch change exchange rate
    Currently, once a receipt has been entered the only way to change the exchange rate is to go into each individual transaction and edit transaction->change the exchange rate. I have a situation where i have hundreds of transactions that have been allocated the XE.com rate, but i would like those transaction to have the user defined rate. Also in receipts entered using the iOS app will use the XE.com rate even if there is a user defined rate set in settings.
    I would like a feature like "find and recode" so i can filter for all…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It is really basic, the permission control is not flexible and give more options. How about to give multiple choosing box for permissions. I want to create a user and give him permission to create and print quotations and a purchase order permission to create and submit for approval. Because the purchase approval permission i want to give to the manager levels only.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There should be the option to overwrite or set 'default' descriptions when using the Xero app to upload receipts. When it says 'What was it for', a list of suggestions appears. At present it only shows the following options, none of which are applicable for a lot of businesses. Even a small adjustment to show 'Purchases' or 'Materials' would be useful

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Bulk delete/mark inactive pay items. We use deputy Awards integration and every time an award is updated we have to delete/inactivate so many pay items.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be useful if it were possible to restrict the posting of journal entries to specific users.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Margaret, thanks for raising your idea here.

Just want to add that it's only possible for adviser or standard + reports roles to view, edit or post Manual Journals. 

Does that change your idea here at all?

18. I would like to have expenses automatically itemise the receipts I expense, even if incorrect it would save so much time per receipt, if the system could read the receipt and automatically write everything into the itemisation lines also base its guessed off previous inputs and receipts.
    Or to be able to save the names of specific things that go into the accounts categories.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As is frequently reported in the news, cybercrimes are prevalent and increasing. In light of a security incident experienced by one of our own clients - additional security measures to avoid cyber security issues need to be addressed.
    Being able to safely send invoices electronically that have some type of protection on them is of utmost importance.

One small step that can easily be made within Xero is to remove the word 'Invoice' from the subject line of the email which basically can lead hackers to where the dollars are.
    This can be updated in your email settings- however secondary…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Autonumbering on the creation of quotes to help unique identification of jobs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?