Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4579 results found

1. Currently you can itemise NANE income on the P&L, however when doing annual accounts this NANE is not tranferred to the balance sheet. This shows an incorrect current year earnings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Get notified when a repeating invoice ends.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Transactions imported by Yodlee Bank Feed do not display in the chronological order that they occur in my online banking portal or bank statements.

As I have a lot of bank transactions on any given day, this makes it time consuming to do any kind of reconciliation between by online bank account and my bank feed import as I have to match each transaction up in the different orders they appear.

This is a regular occurrence as Yodlee sometimes imports transactions part way through a day and I have to work out where I got up to processing these transactions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We need a tick box in the ALL tab section for Purchase Overview Bills - We should be able to from the ALL tab select Draft, Awaiting approval, Awaiting payment, Repeating. You constantly have to go from tab to tab when searching in ALL

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. There are numerous discussion posts about Xero's lack of "Email to Expenses" functionality which is yet to be resolved, but there appears to be another gap in Expenses which makes producing many of the Bills/Expenses reports (including the TAPR) inaccurate.

This happens because whilst the Expenses entry screen allows "Assign to Client" using Xero Contacts lookup, the Payee themselves cannot be connected this way. This means that if an employee expenses a payment, it never appears in any "By Contact" reporting, and cannot be included in the automated TAPR.

As a small business that uses Expenses for all processing (which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Report to display how one (of several) bank accounts was reconciled by another user. Items to include Who (Contact) What (Account Selected and Description) Division and Tax Rate.

This is to ensure the items were reconciled correctly, particularly overseas payments where NO GST must be selected. To check work of admin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I am reviewing expenses that have been submitted by an employee, I would like to see the current balance of the account that the expense is being assigned to as well as the overall budget for that account. That way, I can make a more informed decision as I either approve or decline the expense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we get predictive text in manual journals for words already used within the journal we are working on

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The change if made in prior quarter should be made either available in amended Activity statement report or should carry forward till that particular financial year. Unfiled amount shouldn't be carried forward for infinite period of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add an option to import a single column with positive and negative values, or 2 columns with debits and credits would be a massive help. I've attached how Zoho handles this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide fields for the user (or Xero) to input annual maximums for payroll deductions, including Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Employment Insurance (EI), such that when an individual employee reaches or exceeds the maximum, Xero would provide a notification that the maximum has been exceeded. Canada Revenue Agency sets these thresholds annually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Looking for a report under a project where I can have a breakdown of all invoices with dates and gross total paid for a specific supplier - I've been told this is not available and yet all the information is in the system but no report available

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The option to show bills/expense in a Report on a Cash Basis. So show paid bills only not all bills,
    as per the Detailed Transaction Report if Xero. We need this option to show current expenses per project. The Detailed Transaction Report only shows this if you assign a Project through Tracking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, I'm wondering if there is a method to generate a customer statement balance report with multiple currencies (including a contact filter) and export it in Excel spreadsheet.

I've attempted a few approaches previously:
    Using the path: 1) Business->Invoice -> Send statements. However, this only displays the source currency and doesn't offer an Excel export option.

2) Accounting -> Report -> Account transactions
    While this displays transactions in multiple currencies, it doesn't provide the option to show the balance brought forward from the previous month.

3) Accounting -> Report -> Customer Invoice Activity Unfortunately, this report only shows the functional…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have a lot different invoice currency which the customer should paying into respective bank account according to invoice currency. However, the invoice template now is having single standard terms which i have to list down all bank accounts in the invoice. There is also limit for creating custom invoice template but it is also not an good idea to create different template just to follow the bank account currency.

Hope that Xero can create the filter for user to select the terms that match the criteria. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently when you use the Switch rule the order that the accounts are displayed when they are transferred by the rule is not the same as the order that they show in the existing group. This can be frustrating when you have say a Provision for tax group of accounts which could be a refund or tax to pay and you have accounts displaying as Opening balance then tax provision and RWT etc as you want the Opening Balance account to always display first.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi Xero team,

For timesheets with the "Total hours worked" setting, would you be able to create a setting that allows us to set our own default shift duration?

When we go to add a shift to our timesheet, by default the shift duration is set to 8 hours. For those of us who don't work 8 hour shifts, each time we log a shift we have to click on the duration and change it to the amount of hours we worked.

It would be awesome to have this feature that allows us to set our default shift duration to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When we receive a bill from a supplier that also uses Xero we have the option to put it in as a draft bill directly into our Xero. It's very useful feature. But as a partner with nearly 200 clients when we click through it asks us to log in and select which client the bill is for. We used to be able to type the company name (usually our own) but that option has been removed and now I have to scroll down the list of clients until I find the right one. How is this an improvement? Can…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I am preparing an individual tax return rift now, and the client receive personal service income under Item 14 personal service income, he bought a laptop to perform his work, but under the P2 section, there is no place to fill depreciation assets(under P2)

Please add a Depreciation worksheet function under Item 14 personal service income.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to set and track deadline dates on the dashboard for each client relating to statutory and other submissions (i.e. provisional tax / monthly management reports / tax return submissions / etc.).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?