Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4578 results found

1. When I look at transactions posted to a N/L code, I just want to see everything and then decide how to filter it there or in Excel etc.

We don't need the extra steps of breaking down the data into 000's as that is annoying and takes a little more time for the extra clicks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In Find and Recode allow Advisor only to tick the range of items to show ... 1,000 or 5,000 etc. 200 only is a pain.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The report pack is a great feature to save time in downloading multiple reports at the same time. Is there the ability to export these reports to excel as separate spreadsheets rather than as multiple tabs on the same sheet? If not can this feature be added as accountants generally review these work papers separately and it saves time if we don't have to convert the multiple sheets into separate spreadsheets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Why you can't see the details of invoice or quote as like in a PDF? You need to open invoice and say edit or something to see what was the items etc. Very frustrating. Would like you to address these 3 issues(previously send the...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We use Unleashed (UL) for all of our purchases and sales. The team uploads associated files, proformas, invoices, and receipts directly to the UL PO.

When the PO is completed and 'pushed' to Xero, the associated documents are lost. I then have to login, find them, download from UL, and then upload them into Xero.

Is there anyway that these files can be pulled with the rest of the information?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be really great if we could add a description to a Batch Deposit, instead of it coming up automatically as "Payment: multiple items"
    I know we can add a reference but being able to put your own description would also be great too.

Cheers Janice Nuttney

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We use Go Cardless to collect our student tenants' rent. Every year we need to cancel the Go Cardless direct debits and archive the outgoing tenants and set up new direct debits for the incoming tenants. On Sage, we were able to select a whole year group at once and batch cancel/archive them. But on Xero we have to do this one by one. Life is short and time is money! Please can you make it possible to batch cancel direct debits by group or by tag/filter/segment criteria? Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We all do small jobs but do not invoice straight away. Job may take 1 or 2 days or may be few hours to complete but do not send away the invoice on the same day or the next.
    If I could create a "job", I can use this as daily diary and record hours spent on the job, material used + cost for material, comments, job location, issues came across (lessons learnt). When its comes to invoicing, all information and cost elements can be found on each relevant "job". This data can be imported into invoicing as well (Automate…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There is a significant risk to accuracy allowing the ability to edit an approved invoice without further approval from a higher access tier to what is already provided.

We have experienced a number of clients sending out the invoices to their clients and then editing the invoices, resulting in differences between the original invoice and that on the system. There is no real audit detail either.

Therefore, the request is to consider introducing an additional access level restricting the editing / amending of documentation after approval.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm an experienced chartered accountant relatively new Xero user. I'm flummoxed by the inclusion of payroll transactions in the "bills to pay" section. While the detail is hidden from some users, some personal payroll transactions (related to overpayment) have become viewable by users without payroll access. Even summary transactions should not be viewable by people without payroll access.

All payroll transactions should be in a separate section to avoid confusion and any breach of privacy.

I cannot, for the life of me, see the rationale for including payroll transactions in this area in the first place.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A single bill is entered for two projects (tracking categories). In the Profit & Loss statement, it is showing the correct amount for Project 1 and Project 2. However, when I make a partial payment to this supplier, I am unable to allocate it to the particular project. Xero is automatically assigning it, which is resulting in incorrect output.
    If you can add a popup for Bill Payment "tracking category", it will be a great help for the users

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. With scamming on the rise checking bank details is a priority.

I would love to see the ability to open each of the bills in the review section when creating a batch payment (ABA file).

Even better if you could open any attached files direct from the batch payment review section users could quickly check if the bank details in Xero Contacts match the latest bill. If there is any discrepancy the user could investigate before processing the payment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently when updating a draft invoice to approved some of the fields self populate (From, date, reference and tax inclusive total).
    Can the description field be done the same way instead of copying and pasting?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hi, requesting an improved memo setting within payroll. Can we have more setting for memo? for an example a font, format (bold, italic, strike and understrike) and repeating memo.
    Example, a quite unique bonus system for a certain employee and we would like to show her the description for the bonus. we would like to put it on a smaller font size with italic format.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be good to be able to clearly identify accounting practice users on a clients xero platform. All they see is name and email and it would be good if the accounting firms name was somehow shown to give clients comfort especially where firms outsource work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Apart from utilising the Notes function in client profiles, may I suggest a field be added for short term notes (not needed to be archived) to highlight an alert/instruction/warning for all staff when working on a particular client. As an example: do not lodge Tax returns for ABC until Paid.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to be able to have a remapping feature (similar to find and recode) but on a bulk stage. It is common that a business operation changes and the previous COA is no longer fit for purpose and updates are needed.

This can be done by having a feature that presents the COA with a current a proposed column. The proposed is automatically mapped to the current if no answer is added. In the proposed there is a drop down item that allows you to remap all historical transactions to a different account or remap.

Post remapping the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To import a payment file into the bank the user must download an ABA or CSV file from Xero and save to their local drive. This file is then manually imported into the bank - this poses a major data security risk. Xero already supports bank feeds with many large banks so there should be an option to import these payment files directly from Xero into the bank.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Dave Andrews asked a question.
    Edited Tuesday, 15 August 2023 12:36 PM

Can one create a report based on DRAFT information eg Draft invoice not approved
    Can one create a report based on DRAFT information eg Draft invoice or draft bill (not approved and therefore not posted into the books of account).

For example I would like to see what impact certain entries would have on a balance sheet or income statement but dont want to approve them only to see the impact and then subsequently void or reverse them if I am, say unhappy with the outcome ? I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like to have the ability to reflect a new increase from the agreed-upon date. Often, salary reviews occur after the financial year-end and need to be backdated. However, Xero does not allow for backdating when other payroll systems do. You have to make a note of the actual start date, which isn't reflected in any reporting, making it not very useful.

Additionally, there should be the ability for an advanced support person to modify information, enabling them to roll back a change. I recently encountered an issue where third-party software changed the review date of a salary to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?