Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1389 results found

1. Simply be able to schedule any invoice on a specific date and time.

There is already a feature request for repeating invoices but small businesses often have single emails/invoices to send and it would be great to schedule one-off emails.

Eg. It is the 30th of November and you have a non-repeating invoice that will be due on December 15th and you would like to send it on the 8th of December. It would be nice to be able to schedule it be sent out on the 8th automatically and not have to log in again on the 8th to…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I've noticed in the new invoicing that the account column disappears when it is saved. While I don't want the account column shown on the actual invoice, I use this saved version in Xero to check that the correct account has been selected. I will not switch to new invoicing until this option is available as it would be extra time to edit the invoice to see which account was selected. Classic invoicing is a much better experience in my opinion.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A field/box to enter the purchase order number when entering bills

We use a separate system for creating POs and would like to record our PO number in a dedicated field when entering the corresponding bill(s)

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In old invoicing, you can just drag and drop the file into the window and it uploads. In new invoicing, you have to drop it in the box at the bottom of the page. Fair to say this is tedious!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In new invoicing, please revert the ability to edit the postal address 'attention' box, back to the same as classic invoicing. Property managers want the owner's name included in the invoice address, so for each invoice I produce, I need to change the person's name in the 'attention' box. Previously this could be done by clicking on 'edit address' within the invoice, but in new invoicing, I need to edit the address by going into 'contacts', 'edit ', 'addresses', 'edit address', 'update address', 'save'. Once this is done, the ability to email the new invoice disappears, and I have to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability or setting to default include files attached to an invoice when sending from Xero

Purpose | Steps are currently involved to include files that are on an invoice when sending the invoice to a customer, an option like this would ease the process of including files that a customer needs to have access to and see when they received their invoice

260 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change the PDF "Drag & Drop" feature back to how it was for the 'New Invoicing' template.

Why would we want to click on the file box and then drag a file from a folder??

It makes no sense!
    Please stop changing things without testing or seeking feedback from people who actually use the program.
    Program designers use the program and features differently from how an accounts person does.
    An accounts person has hundreds of invoices to complete and learns how to efficiently process large batches of invoices.
    Remember, we buy this software to make things easy, not harder.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When Xero are emailing out their invoices please can you go back to attaching the invoices as a pdf as it quicker to be able to forward them rather than having to sign in and save them as draft, especially when you are having to do loads for clients.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can we have the option to set to default buttons/selections when completing an invoice please?

I do not need to email all of my invoices yet have to click through to select just approve.

This is a small thing in the grand scheme but when processing lots of invoices it is another thing that slows the process down, along with the 'too many clicks/tabs' issue.

Hopefully the new invoicing can be updated so it is a smooth process like the old style for tabbing and clicking through.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Last week, against my wishes (and against Xero Support's own knowledge), Xero System Generated a second Stripe bank account in Xero.

I already had a Stripe bank account in Xero that was working fine, it had a bank feed for payments processed via Stripe from other software, and it would have the bank feed and create the payment and fee Xero transactions for payments processed via Stripe on Xero invoices.

I don't want two separate Stripe bank accounts in Xero for my one Stripe AUD account.

Why does Xero do unhelpful things like this?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please move the SAVE for the New invoicing to the bottom as per old invoicing. When you have an invoice with 30-50 items and then have to scroll back up to save it adds to the pressure of getting things done.

Or Better still

Leave the old there until you've got it together and your Paid subscribers are happy.
    We are seriously looking at moving away from XERO due to all the changes you impose on us without proper UAT. More often than not it creates more work for us and causes more stress we just dont need in an…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, while we don't have immediate plans to change the placement of buttons on new invoicing we're interested in staying close to this feedback and I'll move the idea to Under review for the time being. We'll return to confirm any outcomes. 

12. I would appreciate the Search engine to be reverted back to how it was. The new "upgraded" search is close to useless. When I search for clients, I expect all relevant clients to come up. I don't want to type in the whole client name, just to get their details to show up. Previously I could type in a few letters and the search would come up with an amazing list of relevance....
    1. Contact listed first
    2. Invoices listed next
    3. Bills listed thereafter
    4. then lastly bank transactions

These searches used to come up with appropriate information and…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When making a bill payment using open banking direct transfer from bank account, it would be nice to be able to schedule the payment - currently there is no ability to do that.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to edit GST line by line on bills in order to agree balances to supplier invoices (Due to rounding issues)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Receiving part orders. No "back order" capability. So what is the point of using purchase orders when you can't change to a "Bill" if only part of the order has been sent/received?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove or option to not display Legal Name on invoice emails. We trade as a Pty Ltd. Our legal name is a family trust - a change has been made recently whereby this is now being displayed on the invoice emails. Please give us the option to revert to how the email previously displayed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At the moment Xero doesn't seem to have a provision wherein only active items can be downloaded from the Inventory List. I think this is an important and effective feature that needs to be implemented.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great to be able to group certain lines of an invoice together (for example by adding some spacing between groups), to make long invoices more readable and logically coherent.

It used to be possible to add spacing on the Classic invoicing page by pressing Enter a few times on the description field, but this no longer works on the New invoicing.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would useful to be able to have an edit function that allows you to change a bill to an invoice and vice versa. As clients tend to confuse these and it takes a lot of steps to copy the information over and delete the mistake.

60 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We would like the ability to specify button colours for the emails that get sent out with the invoices, as there is currently no way to edit the colours to match brand colours which is very annoying, and far from ideal from a brand perspective.
    The out of the box button colours cannot be changed, yet look different for different xero users.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?