Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

731 results found

1. Be able to integrate the payroll calendar on Xero with iCal, so approved annual leave automatically appears in my iCal without having to duplicate entries, and updates if someone changes their leave on Xero.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be good if payroll reports could be customised, i.e. after making a change to an existing report, such as Gross To Net report, the new template could be saved as a Custom Report.

At the moment, it isn't possible to save the updated format, so I have to make the same changes to the standard report every month.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  23 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include the ability to set multiple pay cycles for the same employee. For example, wages are paid fortnightly but commissions are paid monthly. The dates are not aligned with the period if we use only one pay cycle.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When transferring payroll from another payroll system to Xero, would like to be able to enter the dollar value of YTD leave that has been paid so that it shows up correct on the next payslip that is generated from Xero. In the employee opening balances section we can currently enter YTD figures for other earnings categories but not for any type of leave. The attached payslip shows YTD LSL equal to the amount on the current pay run which is incorrect.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Recommendation for the Payslips: Can Xero add some features on the payslips to include employer PAYE Reference. This is quite an important element, and most of the other payroll software provides this information.

Also, can Xero include some options to include some colour in the payslips, such as changing the grid area to blue colour

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When adding a new employee's super fund, being able to add the fund by entering the USI number.

If that can't be done, at least show the USI next to the super fund name so we can make sure we are selecting the correct super fund.

Currently to make sure I am selecting the correct super fund in Xero when adding a new employee, to confirm the USI I need to go to my organisation, settings, payroll settings, superannuation and then, because I can't sort alphabetically or search for a fund name or USI, I basically have to add a…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Employees cannot enter the number of kilometers to be claimed back in timesheets. A fix is to use the unit Hours instead of Kilometers. However in the Xero Me app they are only allowed to enter up to 24 Km (hours).
    More than 24 units are allowed to be entered directly into Xero but not through the Xero Me app.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Now that directors fees are considered allowances, they don't show up in the employee remuneration report because that is for OTE only.
    I would greatly appreciate being able to include directors on the remuneration report because the board asks for total remuneration on a monthly basis.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Time Off
    1. As a senior manager I want to export a report, in one operation, a table of employee name and hours left to book, I need this to chase employees who are not taking leave and know the financial risk we are carrying in the business from untaken leave e.g.

Employee name | Hours not yet booked | Hours booked but not taken yet
    Fred 80 16
    Joe 16 8
    and so on.....

1. Any chance we could have a quick panel of employee unapproved leave requests so I can quick go through this in the morning (at the…
    30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  10 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It'll be good to be able to submit leave requests for the next year without affecting the current year's balance.

Towards the end of the year for the holiday allowance, employees start to plan their time off for the next year.

It'll be good for the system to recognise that the leave request is for the next year and only deduct off the balance once the new year starts and the balance is reset.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently, Employee summary gives a a lone total only for the period entered. A report showing one line of detail for every payrun paid, would be very beneficial when processing government claims, or providing information to employees for Centrelink instead of the the cumbersome Activity report, or multiple payslips.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be very useful to have a report that shows at a glance when each employee last had a pay rise. Like an extra column in the Employee Remuneration Report. Or an audit report that shows the history of pay changes for all employees in one place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently, Xero lists a super accrual for employees under the age of 18 when they earn over $450/mth. However, it doesn't take into account how many hours that employee works per week. Under 18s are not eligible to be paid super unless they work over 30 hours per week (even if they earn over $450/mth), but Xero doesn't recognise this. Unfortunately this shows up a s liability for the employer, even though a liability doesn't exist. I know that it can be worked around in the pay run, but it just means extra work for the payroll admin - particularly…

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  36 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The option to choose a date to send EE payslips would be a huge help , when you are running multiply payrolls this option would be invaluable. I may run a payroll on the 10th of the month yet payday is 30th so need to remember to log in and send payslips on the 29th. Takes a lot of time up.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Job tracking in time sheets

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to specify a set approver for a specific employee for when they submit leave requests.

Employees who are nominated as a leave approver should only be able to approve leave for the specific employees who have them nominated as their approver.

Alternatively, employees who have the "Authorised to Approve Leave" checkbox ticked should only be able to approve leave by employees in the same Employee Group.

Only payroll admins should be able to approve leave for all employees.

243 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Could we include a notification when a staff member has a birthday? This has multiple benefits including allowing us to check if their award salary or benefits need to change and also be able to congratulate them on their birthday. Surely it wouldn't be a huge change to make but would be a unique and helpful change for many SME as I currently need to create a new Google calendar for staff birthdays, creating additional work especially when we have 50+ staff and low retention in hospitality. Thank you.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the interest through the idea, but want to be open that we don't have any development planned for adding reminders or notification of an employees birth date atm. 

I see there are some supporters from NZ and UK in the idea here and wanted to point you across to these specific ideas for each region that I'd encourage adding your support for - Each version of Xero Payroll has been developed specifically for the that regions tax and reporting obligations and this would need to be developed for each version separately. Thanks

18. I would love to see superannuation opening balances split into two sections. One flows through to the superannuation payment section to be paid, and the other just remains on the balance sheet. As an example, we have a new client who has not paid any superannuation YTD, we have already prepared superannuation shortfall forms for 2 quarters, and the balance is to be paid this quarter. The opening balances have been entered as shown from the previous bookkeeping software, however now I have to split the opening balance to ensure the payment can be processed in Xero for the current…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When you're in the pay run screen, you can only download ALL payslips as one PDF file. We need to be able to download payslips by employee group so they can be sent to the individual managers of the employee groups for review/approval.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When entering information on time sheets for employees, the ability to hit "next" to move onto the next employee once you have approved the time sheet rather than having to go back out to the main timesheet menu, find the appropriate timesheet on the drop down list & go back in to enter the timesheet for the next employee.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?