Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4577 results found

1. There is an issue with the new contact edit settings, we cannot add IBAN in account number and swift in routing numberFinancial details. Since we have vendors globally, not everyone have US routing and acct number only. This needs to be fixed since we are relying on the bank details updated in contact

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks everyone, we thoroughly appreciate your feedback on changes when adding or editing a contact. 

Since the initial release, our team have made an update and you'll find you can now enter IBAN and SWIFT into account number without it throwing errors. 

Currently, if you save information into the account number field it'll spread across the bank account prefix and bank account number fields - The thing to note is that this will not impact processing of batch payments and will be one field when exported for batch payments.

We understand it’s not the perfect solution and are looking at further enhancing this - I'll keep you updated here. 

2. I'm invoicing through Xero and I want to allow customers to save their card on file in my stripe account when they pay an invoice.

This way, we can bill them again in the next cycle. We deal with metered pricing, so the value of the invoice is different each month based on usage.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Before we had start/stop times, employees were able to add different pay rates (ie Saturday Penalty Rate). It would be excellent if this option could be included with the start/stop time version in Xero Me.

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create a full document management suit that links into invoicing including agreed increases reminders and renewals. Look at a integrated solution with online signing ability like Videosign: https://www.videosign.co.uk/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would we please be able to see staff leave at the same time when entering timesheets?

This would be beneficial to see both when approving timesheets instead of opening up two screens.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Xero Projects seems a bit backwards to me, you create project then can create or link a quote. It would be far better if you could create a a project from an accepted quote.
    ie. Quote customer for job > Customer accepts quote > Mark quote as accepted and create project.

86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Tracking Categories do not show in Xero Me mobile app when I approve my employees' timesheets. This means I cannot check that they have allocated their time to the correct Tracking Categories, so I have to approve timesheets on the computer making Xero Me useless for Timesheet approvals. Please show Tracking Categories in the Xero Me timesheets app.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone 🤚 thanks for the idea and support. I thought I'd pop in here to share that it can be possible to have your tracking options show in the Xero Me mobile app when approving timesheets. However to do this you'll need to choose the Total hours worked timesheet setting (instead of the Start & end hours option). Appreciate that this may not be suitable in all our customer's workflows, so we'll continue to monitor interest in this idea.

8. One of my clients has hundreds of employees and at present when processing an unscheduled pay run, I have to keep clicking through the pages to find the employee. It would be so much quicker to be able to search for an employee within the Draft Payrun to then select to add.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When receiving a superannuation bounce back amount, it would be really great to be able to click into a Superannuation Payment Details batch that has been processed and export to Excel, to be able to search and calculate totals to match the bounced back super.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please fix the Schedule 5 PAYG calculation to include YTD commissions and bonuses as well as ordinary earnings. This is causing issues with tax not calculating automatically because the employee's only form of income is from commissions (real estate industry) and they are forced to report it under commissions for STP Phase 2 yet the calculation things they have $0 YTD earnings.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to be able to have a link to click that takes you back to the project that the invoice was created from. There is a note to say what project it was but I have to go to projects and find the project, I would love for this note to be a direct link to the project.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Offer First-In-First-Out (FIFO) accounting within Tracked Inventory as an option.

Purpose: Established US Companies tend to use FIFO for inventory valuation, so Xero would widen its scope of clients by offering the option. Plus, the option adoption would make reporting of its current US clients so much more straightforward.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. This feature was included in the old user interface for Bank Rules, and with the new interface that was rolled out, this feature is no longer available. Instead, I'm forced to go to the COA screen to add a new COA code, then refresh my Bank Rules screen to then be able to choose that account. The time this adds, on top of the already manual process to add bank rules, really adds up. I'd love to see this ability again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Have automatic superannuation payments be able to be paid via credit card, through xero. Currently there seems to only be the ability to make automatic payment via direct debit but it would be good if it could be made by a credit card.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To see accumulated depreciation on disposal on the Disposal Schedule report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To add 'uncoded statement lines' to the new report packs in Xero.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have hourly paid employees who get paid 12 x per year with either a 4 week or 5 week pay period. At present, Xero doesn't give this option to change a pay period within payroll calendars. There are only set pay periods.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  15 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new custom report pack looks great but it would be good to be able to export the VAT return within the same pack. Can the VAT reports be added to this functionality? I think it would be helpful for many people.

I regularly look at a profit and loss, balance sheet, aged receivables detail, aged payables detail and the VAT return reports monthly for all clients and it would be great to export these together, and would save a lot of time.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be a massive help if you could click on the figures on the CIS suffered report to see which customer invoices make up the report figures. Clients often ask me which invoices are included and I have to manually work out where the figures come from

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, wanted to share a workaround here for those who aren't already aware.

You can run the Account Transactions report on a cash basis and if you filter it by the CIS Labour Income or CIS Asset account, you can see the invoices which have been included in the CIS Suffered report.

We don’t have any plans in the near term to expand functionality on the CIS Suffered report. If anything changes in this space, we’ll update you on this idea!

20. Can the bank feed expiry date be shown on the dashboard or perhaps in the bank account screen rectangle for each account. It is a frustrating task to have to repeatedly contact clients to update this .... and worse they tend to blame Xero for the functionality rather than GDPR

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?