Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4577 results found

1. A aged report that will show the year end balance but can also update this to remove for payments that have been made/received post year end (something that can be done on Sage and is a very useful tool)

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Standalone Payroll - I have a few clients that are payroll only but am unable to service these through Xero which is frustrating having multiple software uses.
    Please could Xero initiate a standalone payroll function

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can the items per page be made an updateable default on all tabs? i.e. remember my setting until I change it again. So, on the contacts page I'd like to select 200 per page and have Xero remember that preference until I change it again.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The report should be able to generate Employee Name (First & Last in separate columns), DOB, TFN, Bank Details provided, Super Funds & Address.

We need various information like from time to time for reporting purposes but we cannot get it without having to click in to every single employees - which is hectic

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  34 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We enter bulk bills into the system and can only attached a copy of the invoice after authorised. To upload these signed invoices are time consuming having to open each bill and then drag or attached the copy invoice.

It would save us so much time if these invoices could be attached directly to the bills in purchase overview instead of having to open every bill.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add CNH.

Ability to add CNH currency which is offshore RMB traded outside of China.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for rounding back, Scott. I’ve changed your idea slightly here, so it’s sounded more CNH currency instead of bank feeds. This is because, before bank feeds for CNH can be implemented, CNH currency needs to be enabled first. 

In saying that, we’ll keep an eye on this idea to gauge the interest from the community here :)

7. Ability to pull an accounting or project report that will show task and expense against the transaction code/s. Provides a clear view of project bills as well as invoices linked to the projects. the full ins and outs.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently payroll is only able to child support as a deduction.

In Australia, there is a protected amount that employee needs to earn before the deduction is taken out of their pay. There isn't a function that will allow this currently.

Payroll officers manually have to keep track of this and remove the deduction if protected amount is not reached. Small businesses with a few employees would be able to keep track but for the likes of a bigger business with more than 20+ employees, this would be a nightmare.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently leave requests must be approved before the relevant pay run is commenced.

If we discover that leave needs to be added at any point after the pay run is commenced, the entire pay run must be deleted, along with any progress made.

When processing payroll for businesses, I occasionally discover leave should be included only while I'm actually processing the pay run.

I'd like to have a clone of the leave creation UI as an option while within the pay run process itself. This would show leave balances for the employee, and only have an option to Approve or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now that we can add equations, I'd like to see Xero add non-financial data for use in calculations. Specifically, I'd like to add a number that changes each month (number of clients). This will allow me to calculate the revenue per client. I would also like to add the number of clients lost and clients gained so I can calculate the churn rate and customer lifetime value (important to use in making decisions on marketing spend).

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to hit the F9 button (or similar) as in Sage, to automatically fill the amount in the 'amount to credit' field, without having to type values in manually

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to add custom columns to the Depreciation Schedule report to add more information such as market rates for resale

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Increase number of letters/spaces in text field boxes in employee name fields.

Text fields for employee names are currently limited to 36 letters so my suggestion is to have an unlimited text field or increase to 50 spaces.

I only discovered this when a new employee's last name has 40 letters so I can't accurately add his full last name. Payslips need to be downloaded and edited via a pdf editor so he has the accurate payslip for his tax and visa records.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have clients whose bookkeeper does the payroll and also processes accounts payable/receivable invoices. Currently we can't have submit/draft only invoice access AND payroll access. This means that if they want to do payroll, they also get access to approval of invoices. Can we please create a user role where draft/payroll access is combined?

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When a person has more than 5 organizations in their portfolio the 'Change of Organization' drop down list only shows the most recent 5 used. It would be helpful if ALL your organizations showed on screen to choose from. Or of course, having the option to reduce to the 5 normal.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Having the option to include a digital signature in the report templates, the ability to paste an image into the text section would suffice for this. Useful for the statement of disclaimer where the firm needs to sign off every report. Currently the only way to do this is by exporting the report to a PDF manager and pasting the signature in.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When typing a quote, available stock used to show (when you typed a figure in the "quantity" field (if available stock was less than required the open window would turn red) but it doesn't now. It would be great if this feature were also added to invoices (and quotations as before) so that one didn't need to check stock on a different page for each item being invoiced. I note that it shows when typing a credit note, so it must be possible!

144 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, thanks for your contribution and sharing with us on your use of being able to see levels of stock when invoicing. Right now, our team are developing improvements to the line item grid in new invoicing, where you enter detail of your invoices. This work also involves providing visibility of your tracked inventory stock on hand so you know how many items you have to sell.

For now we'll move to working on it and I'll keep you updated of when this is released in new invoicing.

18. For the new format of the Profit and loss report, only show the tracking categories that actually have a balance. Therefore do not show with nil balance.
    Currently have to adjust the report to remove the relevant columns which is time & $.

The old version did this automatically!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I've been raised an issue regarding View/Print PDF on Spend Money transaction and Xero Central Stated that "At the moment, it's only possible to send a remittance advice for payments recorded on bills".

Therefore, I would like to give a suggestion, If possible, create a features that able us as Accountant & Bookkeepers to have features to View/Print from Spend Money & Transfer money like Receive Money features have.

This features enable us to have documentation to file and for audit purposes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nur Fatini, it'd be good to get more understanding from you here as it sounds like the Account Transactions report could serve the purpose or perhaps simply creating a receipt of the spend money? 

20. When entering a bill or invoice, you enter the total at the top then add statement lines, would be great if it showed remaining amount to be charged/ reconciled to reach the desired total. This would cut down admin time when reconciling bills after entering gst amount could show the total remaining as the non gst amount so you do not need to calculate the remaining amount.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?