Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. Currently when opening the TIMESHEETS page the order of the timesheets is very random (example attached).

The most common reason for visiting this page is to view and approved/reject timesheets so It'd be very helpful for us when we do open this page that the most recent timesheets awaiting approval are at the top.
    Currently we have to click on the 'Last Edited' column header to get the most recent time sheets.
    Can we please have this page DEFAULT set up to accommodate most recent date at the top (example attached).
    Please join me in my campaign to have this…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In new invoicing, please revert the ability to edit the postal address 'attention' box, back to the same as classic invoicing. Property managers want the owner's name included in the invoice address, so for each invoice I produce, I need to change the person's name in the 'attention' box. Previously this could be done by clicking on 'edit address' within the invoice, but in new invoicing, I need to edit the address by going into 'contacts', 'edit ', 'addresses', 'edit address', 'update address', 'save'. Once this is done, the ability to email the new invoice disappears, and I have to…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to cc and bcc when sending emails from xero.

This would be very useful as we have many clients that like to have various other people copied in.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When making a bill payment using open banking direct transfer from bank account, it would be nice to be able to schedule the payment - currently there is no ability to do that.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The email template has changed which accompanies the invoice to the customer. We have a legal name plus a trading as name which people know us by. Currently the legal name is showing up boldly at the top of the email which it didn't before. We would like the trading name to be in this place so as not to cause confusion to our customers, or have the ability to remove it entirely as it has the logo there displaying the correct name.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A field/box to enter the purchase order number when entering bills

We use a separate system for creating POs and would like to record our PO number in a dedicated field when entering the corresponding bill(s)

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to edit GST line by line on bills in order to agree balances to supplier invoices (Due to rounding issues)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new NZ WorkRide scheme works via a pre-tax deduction re salary sacrifice. Xero Support confirmed that right now there’s no functionality in Xero Payroll to process a pre-tax deduction. We have been advised that we need to manually adjust the tax in the draft pay run to reduce the PAYE withheld. Please enable your customers to comply with the NZ WorkRide scheme without the need for manual PAYE adjustments, by creating the ability to process pre-tax deductions.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please include a "GST Calculation Worksheet" in the Activity Statement report for the new BAS experience based on the same format of the GST Calculation Worksheet which is included with the previous BAS experience.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate the feedback on the use you found with the previous worksheet. 

With the newer BAS while there is no GST calculation worksheet, you can run a Custom Date report to get YTD figures, which can be accessed through the Activity Statement dashboard.

Being open we don't have plans of adding the worksheet to the new BAS report at this stage, however we'll continue to get a sense of interest on this here and share if there's any change.  

10. New bills screen - bugs/design that need to be fixed:
    - when filtering the currency column disappears
    - the planned date font size is smaller than the due date font size meaning I can't zoom the screen
    - the from column isn't wide enough so most suppliers' names are wrapping, meaning each transaction takes up 2 lines and results in fewer transactions on one screen and more scrolling, whereas there is wasted space between the planned date, paid and due date columns which could be made narrower

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When processing payroll, be able to see a comparative between current pay run and previous pay run before completion/filing to identify any discrepancies.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have many suppliers that reject invoices if we send them direct from Xero. Hence we have to download a PDF copy and email it manually from our finance inbox. This process now takes 5 clicks as opposed to one click in classic invoicing. The new process is to click "Approve & Email", but then to exit this screen. Then move across the screen to the left top corner and check the box to mark it as "sent", then move all the way back to the right and click "Print PDF" and then wait for it to open in a…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for feeding back and sharing your views on new invoicing with us here, everyone. There's a lot of work our team are doing at present to improve the new invoicing experience for our customers. 

Being able to mark an invoice as sent when you print in new invoicing is something they're working on atm and we'll move this idea to 'working on it'. I'll swing back to confirm once this is available for you to start using 🙂

13. Receiving part orders. No "back order" capability. So what is the point of using purchase orders when you can't change to a "Bill" if only part of the order has been sent/received?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Last week, against my wishes (and against Xero Support's own knowledge), Xero System Generated a second Stripe bank account in Xero.

I already had a Stripe bank account in Xero that was working fine, it had a bank feed for payments processed via Stripe from other software, and it would have the bank feed and create the payment and fee Xero transactions for payments processed via Stripe on Xero invoices.

I don't want two separate Stripe bank accounts in Xero for my one Stripe AUD account.

Why does Xero do unhelpful things like this?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please move the SAVE for the New invoicing to the bottom as per old invoicing. When you have an invoice with 30-50 items and then have to scroll back up to save it adds to the pressure of getting things done.

Or Better still

Leave the old there until you've got it together and your Paid subscribers are happy.
    We are seriously looking at moving away from XERO due to all the changes you impose on us without proper UAT. More often than not it creates more work for us and causes more stress we just dont need in an…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, while we don't have immediate plans to change the placement of buttons on new invoicing we're interested in staying close to this feedback and I'll move the idea to Under review for the time being. We'll return to confirm any outcomes. 

16. We are seeing more emails that are sent from within Xero being flagged as Spam or put in Quarantine, especially if the recipient is using Outlook 365.

Xero need to implement DKIM to reduce the number of false positives like this. It's very easy to implement and the benefits to Xero users would be enormous.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would appreciate the Search engine to be reverted back to how it was. The new "upgraded" search is close to useless. When I search for clients, I expect all relevant clients to come up. I don't want to type in the whole client name, just to get their details to show up. Previously I could type in a few letters and the search would come up with an amazing list of relevance....
    1. Contact listed first
    2. Invoices listed next
    3. Bills listed thereafter
    4. then lastly bank transactions

These searches used to come up with appropriate information and…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hi, It would be great if payslips line items match the 'pay template' pay items or alternatively, for pay items that have a YTD amount to be shown on all payslips (with the Nil or $amount for the current pay period as applicable with the YTD) to breakdown 'Other Previous Earnings'.
    This will also assist tracking multiple pay items where it can vary each pay cycle, coding and tracking STP rates and categories, YE finalisation and review. Many thanks.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remove or option to not display Legal Name on invoice emails. We trade as a Pty Ltd. Our legal name is a family trust - a change has been made recently whereby this is now being displayed on the invoice emails. Please give us the option to revert to how the email previously displayed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to show more statement lines during reconciliation in one page.

Purpose: To save users time from scrolling and changing the page.

953 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone

We wanted to provide you an update on our progress for this idea as it’s very much something we want to make easier for you all. The feedback you’ve provided so far has been helpful. One of the big problems our Product team identified in this thread and in other customer research is how hard it is for customers to navigate their statement lines to gain a holistic view of the work they need to do and complete their work flows efficiently.

I’m pleased to share that they’re in the early stages of developing a solution that will help to improve this experience by combining a search tool with an increased number of statement lines being returned to the page.

The product team has a working concept and are looking to validate this with some customers before working out the final details. If you’re interested in participating, please

• Don't see your idea?