Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4137 results found

1. Expense Claims when assigned to a Customer in Projects should be automatically paid once the Customer pays their invoice. Currently even after they are paid the Expense is still outstanding in 'Bills You Need To Pay' on your dashboard. You then have to manually add payments for these Expenses even though they have already been paid by the assigned customer in Projects. It doesn't make sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When entering a Spend Money Transaction show the Bank Balance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 803 is archived and cannot be restored or deleted. this means that 803 cannot be used in a CoA which is incredibly annoying given that the rest of the 800 range is in use. Would it not make sense to archive this with a random account code such as ZZZZ or to simply delete it from accounts who don't use it, or don't archive it so the account code can be changed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, Xero offers an excellent feature enabling us to view notes and actions related to invoices and transactions. However, I think it would be highly beneficial if we could also access a detailed history of changes made to reports, such as budget manager reports and GST. Recently, I've encountered instances where my final GST reports were inexplicably reverted back to draft status. This unexpected behavior has resulted in confusion and inefficiencies within our financial management process. Regrettably, I have been unable to identify the responsible party behind these changes, leaving me puzzled and concerned about the security of our data.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Purpose: reduce errors in setting up bank rules

Current "Äpply bank Rule" defaults to "Äny Conditions Match" button where it should default to All Conditions Match. For example, if creating from a bankfeed line, the Analysis code is often equal to "Miscellaneous Debit". Business users do not notice this and do not change the radio button. So then all transactions go to wherever the rules says - and not just the ones with the appropriate payee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. with the new functionality of adding start end times and notes, we are not able to print or download this data in any reporting. the only way we can SEE this info is in the individual timesheet by person.
    If you can update the report to include all information that would be useful as the current process is only half done.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to automatically apply bank rules by default.

Purpose: To save time from having to manually choose to turn-on bank rules.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya team, with some of the exploration our team were doing we shifted this idea to Under review a few months ago. However, reassessing current priorities as many here may also be interested in our team are currently in the depths of work for enabling the ability to view more statement lines and providing search on the Reconcile screen

While this may be something we consider developing for later down the line, it's not something we have plans for atm and we'll shift back to Submitted to continue monitoring the interest here. Thanks 

8. The Dashboard panel "Invoices owed to you" shows the number and total of
    * Draft Invoices
    * Awaiting Payment
    * Overdue

Having a fourth line showing Unsent invoices would quickly notify users of those approved invoices which haven't yet been sent, whether intentionally or in error.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be very useful if the cashflow report could intelligently add VAT payments to Cashflow automatically.

For example when a VAT return if filed, automatically add the payment amount and date to the report, learning as it does with repeating outgoings what the date might be - if you're paying by DD this is pretty predictable.

As invoices are generated (payable and receivable) the report already picks up the amount of VAT payable to HMRC and it would not be a stretch to calculate what is due back on purchases, or to use the known VAT reporting date to…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have the ability to set the relevant Award Rates and applicable grade so the pay rates gets automatically updated each year when the award rate changes, rather than having to manually make the changes.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When purchasing a subscription, there should be a 24 hour cancellation period. On many occasions I have purchased subscriptions that were not correct or not necessary. I upgraded a few of my clients to the Early Plan from the Partner Plan as we needed Hubdoc. Then we found out that Cash Coding was not included and was not stated in the plan description. At that point, I was stuck waiting for 30 days before I could correct it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When adding a new employee's super fund, being able to add the fund by entering the USI number.

If that can't be done, at least show the USI next to the super fund name so we can make sure we are selecting the correct super fund.

Currently to make sure I am selecting the correct super fund in Xero when adding a new employee, to confirm the USI I need to go to my organisation, settings, payroll settings, superannuation and then, because I can't sort alphabetically or search for a fund name or USI, I basically have to add a…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please INCLUDE GOOGLE SHEETS for ALL downloadable reports in Xero. Some reports are downloadable only in Excel. SUPER FRUSTRATING!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Johann, so I can get your request in front of the right team, I just need to check which reports you're specifically referring to. Would one of them be the VAT 201?

14. To be able to create a simple worksheet from your accepted quotes for your workshop.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be helpful to have a "Skip" timesheet option for part-time staff to indicate that it's a non-work day (rather than assuming they've just forgotten to complete their timesheet). E.g. a checkbox above each day on the weekly timesheet that if checked would grey-out the relevant day. Rough example attached.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the new bills to pay draft screen even though I search for a particular supplier or filter alphabetically so I can find a certain supplier when I go into the first one and approve & view next instead of giving me the next one of that supplier (the filter I have on) it goes to the next date. I need to approve a lot of invoices and it is much quicker to do by supplier and be able to go straight to the next one. I could do this in the old bills to pay drafts but can't in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The date format for South Africa is incorrect. We use a day month year format, not the American month day year format. Surely Xero can change this so its adaptable for each country and preference? Its not asking a lot of work to have that additional option. But can cause a huge issue when its not what we work with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search Job name when searching for invoices
    The search function should be consistent across all search. If you can search for job name or part of job name in Search, you should be able to search for job name in Business/Invoices. This brings consistency to the search function.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to include the supplier invoices name and invoice reference on the on the project detail report rather than just the Expense name. Is there any way i can do this?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When allocating a credit note to a customer invoice we need to be able to report on this event and no date is stored at the point of allocation.

In the current system you can see credit notes allocated against invoices only when in the documents as a credit note displays similarly to a bank payment. You can to an extent identify credit notes allocated against invoices by running reports against the Accounts Receivable ledger, filtered by source 'credit note allocation' but you cannot filter this in any way to see recent events. The date of the allocation is deemed…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?