Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4068 results found

1. When adding new Pay Items in Australia, Reportable as W1 should be ticked as a ticked as the default as the vast majority of Pay Items in Australia are Reportable under W1.

Every time the award changes and we import pay items from Deputy, the new items have Reportable as W1 turned off and we have to manually change them.

Changing the Xero default may or may not fix that problem but it should be the default nonetheless.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be good to be able to see the bank account details (BSB and Account number) on the new bill screen when entering invoices to be paid. By having the contacts bank details on the entry screen you can easily check that the bank details in Xero match what is on the invoice. This would save time of having to go and open the contact to check that the details match - not to mention save time of having to download the invoice so you can view it while checking against the contact. Being able to look at the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When using search in Bills/Invoices Awaiting Payment, it would be beneficial to include an option to allowing to search or filter for "not" or "excluding".

For example, if I want to exclude a particular customer/supplier from the displayed results, I could search for that contact name and check "not" or "excluding".

Secondary, but in the same vain, when you do add the ability to search or filter by contact group within bill/invoices, this feature would also be extremely handy to exclude a particular group from the results.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Small businesses are now much more global and have employees in multiple countries. Therefore payroll should also accomodate for multi currencies, otherwise several different payroll sytems need to be used. DEEL is available in multi currency so it would be logical that Xero Payroll is also

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove the accruals from an employee’s Leave tab / make it possible to delete leave type after it's been included in a payrun

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi Xero Support,

Could we please implement another field to use in Invoice and Quote templates which shows the total before discounts?

I want to show my customer what they would have had to pay before the discounts were taken off the price.

This makes a HUGE difference when trying to show customer their savings with applied discounts.

We need to be able to present Total Before Discount - Total Discount - Price After Discount.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I need to report on employee timesheets against my tracking categories. For example how many hours have employees recorded against Job A, Job B, Job C etc in any given timescale. In the transaction/payroll activity report it only gives £ and not into tracking categories.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding staff working on a project without giving them access to Xero.

There is absolutely not need for staff to have access to Xero for me to log that they have worked on a project for 8 hours at £xx rate per hour.

I don't want to add this information to the ledger as the staff are payrolled so I cannot enter this as an expense but I would like to diarise time against the project so profitability can be calculated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Custom Invoice Template did not work well for Thai characters. I've used Tahoma font as suggested on https://central.xero.com/s/article/Change-font-layout-and-column-headings-on-invoices-quotes?userregion=true#Useforeignlanguagecharactersininvoicesandotherdocuments but the characters above and below letters are not display properly.
    Please find the attached for your reference.

I would like to ask for a font that can work well with Thai characters on invoice template.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be really helpful when merging suppliers if there was an option to keep all contact and financial details with the updated contact. When an existing supplier joins Xero and starts sending Xero generated invoices that you can upload to Xero if the name is even slightly different it creates a new supplier. This could be as basic as Ltd vs Limited. When these contacts are merged all the existing information is deleted and needs to be re-entered. An option to keep all existing contact information would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if Xero could automatically attach the remittance advice to each invoice after making a batch payment?
    This would save time when we get queries from suppliers as to the status of their payments, rather than searching for the batch remitttance and emailing it to the supplier again, it can be easily found as it will be attached to the paid invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When adding a new employee's super fund, being able to add the fund by entering the USI number.

If that can't be done, at least show the USI next to the super fund name so we can make sure we are selecting the correct super fund.

Currently to make sure I am selecting the correct super fund in Xero when adding a new employee, to confirm the USI I need to go to my organisation, settings, payroll settings, superannuation and then, because I can't sort alphabetically or search for a fund name or USI, I basically have to add a…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need to be able to add way more than 1000 codes at a time

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The new reports are, as default, jumping to the top of the page on refresh. This is impractical and time consuming having to scroll down back to where you were. Can this be looked at and stopped

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. NZ Payroll - bulk approve timesheets

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. When sending invoices using my laptop the 'send me a copy option' remains ticked when creating invoices but it does not remain ticked when sending remittance advices. This would be helpful please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We are a retail business. 15 companies and 65 shops across Australia. We currently have 285 different suppliers from whom we buy multiple items without creating purchase order as we order them on phone or online portal. We have Xero just to maintain supplier payments only.
    Now, many suppliers send us periodic invoices means one invoice for multiple deliveries.
    therefore, if we can enter delivery dockets header data only in bills to pay section just for records purpose we can track deliveries and assign them to Invoice once it arrives just like credit notes.
    So we would know that we…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have the ability to set the relevant Award Rates and applicable grade so the pay rates gets automatically updated each year when the award rate changes, rather than having to manually make the changes.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please can a QTD column be added on the Accounts Watchlist rather than This Month? A quarterly client is requesting this as they view the Dashboard regularly and this would be extremely useful to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I pay my staff on a monthly basis, but at the moment timesheet reporting can only be done weekly. Would it be possible to add a filter to be able to look at a custom date range.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?