Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4212 results found

1. Currently when you hit approve on an expense it takes you back to the To Review list. This trip back to where I started adds unnecessary clicks and load times. It would be faster if there was an Approve and View Next option, the same way there is when working through draft bills.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Trust - Annual Accounts Xero SPFR template for trusts > Notes to the Financial Statements > 1. Reporting Entity states "Legal or Trading Name is a trust established by a trust deed dated [insert field: trust deed date], and subject to the Trustees Act 1956." this is incorrect as the Trusts Act 2019 passed on 30 July 2019 has replaced the Trustee Act 1956. Xero have advised "While the team is aware the templates may need updating given current focus being on the expiration of old reports they do not have the capacity to give it a priority at…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reports Projects Filter Staff:

When filtering Project time reports by staff, is it possible to show only currently active (valid) users rather than any and every user ever associated with the account for all time? Can the list be alphabetized?

Currently the list includes every user that ever existed including every instance of when Xero Support was invited (via a support ticket) as well as staff removed from the practice. Furthermore, it is in a random order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to have the ability to create a bill with a negative balance. This way, I can control the full credit to the exact sales tax account. The current way a Credit is applied to a batch bill it takes a percentage off each line item (total due and sales tax). I have to remit tax in multiple states, and the way credits are handled throws off my totals to remit. Right now, I edit existing bills and apply credits within the bill for a workaround. It's a painful process. Creating a bill with a negative balance would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To add Sort and Filter into Quotes & Invoices and Task & expenses inside a Project, so we can filter by Price/Status/Draft/Awaiting payment/Paid or sort we we want it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi, I will be looking after the credit control activity of the organisation I recently joined. After looking at the portal, I think it would be useful to be able to create alerts for specific schools, for specific dates, reminding me I need to contact them on those days and be able to switch reminders, on or off, with the opportunity to select the dates (ex if invoice not paid by ... the reminders will switch back on automatically on on the date I set up). Do you think this functions can be implemented presuming it would be useful to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion, Samantha. There are a lot of different types of alerts and notifications that our customers would like to see Xero develop. 

When you mention credit control I wanted to highlight Credit limits that can be set for a contact and may be of some use to you here. 

There is also the ability to set Invoice Reminders for when invoices are overdue and you may want to set up for contacts. 

We don't have other alerts or warnings planned at this stage but will begin to get a sense of the interest for your idea here. 

7. Please can a QTD column be added on the Accounts Watchlist rather than This Month? A quarterly client is requesting this as they view the Dashboard regularly and this would be extremely useful to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In the mobile app, please make decimals optional. Decimals take up space and cause large numbers to wrap on the screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Would like to be able to enforce Stripe Autopay instead of this being optional.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Manual Journal - Copy details from line above- this is a tool in Sage so please could you consider it? :) it's a nifty action & allows a one click solution to repeat account & tracking categories and is especially useful for large entries such as payroll journals.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I pay my staff on a monthly basis, but at the moment timesheet reporting can only be done weekly. Would it be possible to add a filter to be able to look at a custom date range.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I use Xero projects for freelancing and invoicing my clients and I track my time with the time tracker. For that, I need to open Xero or my app which takes time. Freshbooks had a time tracking extension which really worked great and I miss it so much. Is super easy and I can pause/ start the counter with just one click.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was recently asked by a client how create a formatted PDF list of their contacts in Xero with addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses etc.

They had been asked for this by their factoring provider.

I know they can select all contacts and use the option at the top of the screen to export, but that creates a csv file which obviously doesn't have any formatting and runs the risk of it being opened in Excel which then messes up phone numbers etc (we are in the UK where phone numbers start 0 and Excel 'helpfully' removes this when opening…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the extra detail, Ross and apologies I never rounded back on this here. While we also don't have plans for creating a report that includes all the detail from a contacts record atm I've slightly adjusted the title of your idea here and we'll continue to track interest in this here. If any plans are made down the line I'll be sure to let you know on the idea here.

14. Add simple manual and automatic backup schedules that can download data entry and activity on a daily, weekly, monthly or annual basis.

This would address everyone's fear of losing all our hard work inputting invoices, receipts, data etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We use tracking categories of building jobs. It would be great to archive the tracking category once the job it complete. Allowing a P&L by tracking category report to only show active jobs.

73 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Track late claims on VAT returns submitted in Xero but not filed direct to HMRC through MTD.

This is needed in order for VAT groups to be able to prepare returns in non-submitting companies which can then be consolidated.

The only alternative if the VAT group stays on Xero is to run journal reports and manually find late claims, in all non-submitting entities in a VAT group, which is a very manual process.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a retail company with many hundreds of transactions each day it is a massive task to properly account for VAT. All our products are VATable inside the UK but we receive many orders from outside the UK which are non-VATable, or from other EU countries where we must charge a different VAT rate for our IOSS return.

PayPal holds details of the VAT that was collected as part of the transaction, but as Xero imports all these hundreds of transactions from PayPal it currently does not import those VAT details. That means we have to look at our other…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to set reminders/notifications to raise next invoice in Xero Projects

When raising the quote, which details the scheduled dates that the customer will be invoiced, it would be useful if you could set a reminder/notification on the project to tell you when to prepare and send the next invoice out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be good if you did not have to enter the decimal place when entering dollar amounts. Just saves 1 extra key stroke but that adds up to a lot of keystrokes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?