Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4125 results found

1. There’s no functionality in Xero to produce an individual remittance advice for a single bill included in a batch payment, it would be great if this could be done.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. ATO Category pay items of Directors Fees should be able to be the Ordinary Earnings Rate for employees. Currently only the ATO category Ordinary Time Earnings can be the Ordinary Earnings rate for employees.
    Whilst adding a zero Ordinary Earnings Rate solves the problem, it leaves the processing of pays open to input errors unnecessarily

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO GET MONTHLY SALES TOTALS OF THE INDIVIDUEL PRODUCT ID CODES

IS THERE CURRENTLY ANY WAY TO DO THIS
    WE HAVE THREE WAREHOUSE LOCATIONS PREFIXED WITH WAREHOUSES CODE AND 20 VARIATIONS OF PRODUCT IN SIZES AND TYPES AND WE NEED TO SEE EASILY WHAT IS SELLING MOST ETC IN EACH OF THOSE PRODUCT CODES
    IS THIS POSSIBLE

PETER J FCA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Peter, perhaps the Inventory Item Summary report can be of help to you here. 

You'll be able to filter to only select the items you're wanting to view and can add columns to view Opening & Closing Balance or Quantities, as well as those sold in the period the reports being run - Does this help with what you';re in need of here?

4. Contacts. I would like to say the upgraded version of contacts is clunky, and would prefer the older system over this 'new upgraded' system. Having to 'save and exit' before adding all other contact details is adding more steps to an otherwise simple process. Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Vashte, appreciate change can take a little getting used to.

However, we can help you out here! While the Save and exit is always available when adding or editing a contact you can simply click through each section. 

The detail you enter between section will hold until you leave the page - So, you can enter in all your details before selecting Save and exit. 

5. It would be nice to be able to have our company name on the check voucher so the vendor will always know who the payment is from.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The upgraded Quotes layout does not allow me to attach pdf's from the Files Section.
    The only way to do this now is to download pdf from Files. Open Quote and Save it. Upload pdf.

This has significantly slowed down the workflow - please can Xero Quotes be able to add attachemnts from Files and before Saving.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Bulk download of invoice PDF files (not export csv)

Currently after doing a search, what I understand the current process is:
    - Going under Paid / Unpaid tab under Invoices
    - Checkbox all and select print
    - But this clumps ALL the invoices into a single PDF file instead of one file per invoice number
    - Using an online tool to split the invoices. If your invoice is more than 1 page long, you'll need to manually merge them back.
    - Alternatively, manually clicking each invoice link, hitting the Print PDF button. Going back and repeat every invoice.

What I…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for stepping out the process for others here, Vicky. You're correct in the way this currently works. 

It'd help when sharing back with the team if you could share more detail of why you'd like the ability to export in bulk but create individual files. What would this help your business do? 

8. Customers are constantly baffled why my phone doesn't recognise their number. It's quite a drag to explain that although their number is in my phone (xero contacts), caller id is not able to access the information. I understand there's some way to sync google contacts with a premium subscription, but surely in 2022 this should be a basic feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Edit email address when sending a quote to clients. We have clients who have multiple employees requesting quotes, the updated version means I have type out the whole email address instead of amending the name at the start.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Staff members gets pay reviews each year, which means their cost change. But we are unable to get the change to commence from a certain date so reporting for prior year projects won't be accurate. any way we can put a change commencement date so reporting is more accurate?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please can Xero consider adding a Customer Statement option that shows payments as totals (not splits per invoice allocation) as found on the bank statement.

Many businesses have customer accounts that are paid towards or caught up regularly in round bulk amounts that do not neatly match individual invoices.
    In these cases customers getting statements showing their payments as splits cannot easily or intuitively see the amounts that they paid on specific dates.

In dealing with queries ourselves we find that many customers find the Activity Statement format frustrating or confusing, especially when we have to capture part of a…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jessica, it'd take some customisation of the Statement advanced docx. template but it is possible to remove fields from showing that may cause confusion or are unnecessary for your customers. 

You could look at removing the 'PaidAmount' field if this is not required and just keep the 'Balance' and 'Amount' fields. 

There's a discussion over in Xero Central where there are others in community who often help with making changes ti advanced templates and maybe of help here. 

12. I find the 'Find & recode' tool very useful, but it would be really helpful if the condition 'Currency' could be added, so that we can choose to see only transactions in a certain currency.

Since MTD for VAT, more and more clients are using digital links as software that automatically extract the VAT amounts from receipts (e.g. Dext), including receipts from other countries. They publish them to Xero and are not aware that they are overclaiming VAT. To make corrections and change these transactions to 'Zero Rated Expenses' we use 'Find & recode'. It would be much easier if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Projects - I would like to see the references for each invoice in the list of quotes and invoices on projects. It is difficult to tack what you have invoiced when you have to open each individual invoice.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Being a start-up company we claim R&D refund as part of our tax return. In order to support R&D activities we need to work out employee remuneration and hours to support our claims. Currently, Xero does not have any R&D reports that we can use. Hence, I am wondering whether the Tech team at Xero can include two fields (Column options) in the existing report "Payment Summary Details".

The fields required are 1) Superannuation 2) Units (worked hours)

Then we can export this report to work on our R&D claims. Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Here's a copy of my note to Xero Support & their response below:

Hi,
    I prefer to check 'include in emails' for all contacts in an organisation, as the quote & invoice recipient/s often vary & I find it simpler to delete unnecessary recipients from the list on each quote or invoice than to add them. I've only just accidentally realised (after years of use) that invoice reminders go out to every email address in an organisation that is 'included in emails' & not just the email recipient/s of the original invoice - I've been unintentionally sending reminders to multiple…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Chart of Accounts - need a suggested code numbering template to enhance uniformity and save time dreaming up numbers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Xero should have the ability (similar to QuickBooks) to have sub accounts in Chart of Accounts.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Widen the display of the GST Audit report. When viewing the GST return I also check the GST audit report. When viewing the GST audit report I cannot see the date on the left side without scrolling to the bottom and using the scroll bar to move the report from side to side. It will not show all the columns at once.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey team, as you may have seen in our communications - We're releasing a new and improved New Zealand GST experience.
    As part of the new experience there is no longer a GST audit report, instead there is the transactions tab where you'll have options to toggle different columns on or off. 

Along with this, you'll find the page auto scales to fit your information in one screen, meaning there'll be no need for scrolling😊 - This is currently being released to a small portion of customers to test the user experience before releasing it more broadly. I'll return to confirm once it's available to all.

19. Yes that's right. Let's say you pay a subby £150 in advance and allocate that as an overpayment on their account from the bank feed. You then get an invoice from them a couple of weeks later for £500 and deduct CIS of £100 leaving £400 outstanding. You allocate the overpayment from the account of £150 and pay your subby the balance of £250. The system will only declare CIS on the £250 element of what you have paid. You have to know an overpayment has been allocated, reverse it and allocate the payment directly to the invoice for it…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need a process to close month end. After this process has been executed the month is locked and changes are not posted to it unless we unlock it first. This feature is available in other accounting packages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?