Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4140 results found

1. I have a client moving to a different platform for accounting but still needed a stand alone payroll platform for 23 employees and Xero does not offer this so we would be paying for all the other functionality that we won't be using to stay on Xero for payroll

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please create a link between Quote >PO > Bill and Sales Invoice

I would really like to have some traceability in few years time where I would be able to see from vendors' bill or sales invoice (by clicking on it) what was ordered, and received from the vendor or quoted and charged to a customer. This would be great for instances when items that had at the time of invoice, for example, 10 years warranty but now the vendor is offering only 6 years.
    Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. STP2 - Splitting allowances for all purpose from the hourly rate

We have employees with all purpose allowances - ie it forms part of the base hourly rate and extrapolates in to overtime rates and annual leave loading. I now have to take it out of the rate and pay as separate line items including overtime and annual leave multipliers.

Is Xero in their pay templates going to make changes to say have a tick box to indicate an add on allowance to the rate so regardless of the pay lines (that are set up as such) they multiply they…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community 👋 thanks for the interest in this idea! 

Just to clarify, when creating a new allowance pay item, you'll have the options to 'Contribute towards annual leave rate' and 'contributes towards overtime rate'.

This setting will include allowance type pay items in the calculation of annual leave and overtime rates. 

I can see the main request here was a 'box to indicate an add on allowance'. 

Can you confirm if this tick box in payroll settings solves that request? 

-Ethan M

4. Ability to identify which Xero files staff members who leave the firm have direct access to the client Xero file as opposed to being granted access from a firm level. This way, before you delete the user from Xero HQ/Blue you can check to see if any clients need to be contacted to update to invite the firm rather than a specific employee.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like to be able to forward receipts I have received via email which are NOT attachments, but are inline / html receipts, and have Xero read them, like Expensify can.

I waste so much time receiving emailed receipts (BPME for example) which I then have to save as a PDF and forward / upload.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Batch change exchange rate
    Currently, once a receipt has been entered the only way to change the exchange rate is to go into each individual transaction and edit transaction->change the exchange rate. I have a situation where i have hundreds of transactions that have been allocated the XE.com rate, but i would like those transaction to have the user defined rate. Also in receipts entered using the iOS app will use the XE.com rate even if there is a user defined rate set in settings.
    I would like a feature like "find and recode" so i can filter for all…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It is really basic, the permission control is not flexible and give more options. How about to give multiple choosing box for permissions. I want to create a user and give him permission to create and print quotations and a purchase order permission to create and submit for approval. Because the purchase approval permission i want to give to the manager levels only.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have assigned users to specific projects but in order for them to see the invoices and bills against this project the settings must be changed so that they can access all bills, invoices and contacts to amend.

I would like a feature so that someone assigned to the project can have read only access to the invoices and bills ONLY associated with this project. Allowing them to still run reports and view profitability on their project but they cannot amend invoices and bills or cannot access others that are not their projects.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To be able to filter the History and notes - by the date that the changes were made on something specific and not the date of the original transactions.

This would be helpful if the Annual Financials have been finalized, and a change has been made after the fact.

For example: You want to know when the changes toward the 2022 tax year were made, towards the advertising account transactions since a specific date i.e. a date after the financials have already been finalized.

or

All bills that were processed after a specific date and not necessarily the date of…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There should be the option to overwrite or set 'default' descriptions when using the Xero app to upload receipts. When it says 'What was it for', a list of suggestions appears. At present it only shows the following options, none of which are applicable for a lot of businesses. Even a small adjustment to show 'Purchases' or 'Materials' would be useful

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bulk delete/mark inactive pay items. We use deputy Awards integration and every time an award is updated we have to delete/inactivate so many pay items.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be useful if it were possible to restrict the posting of journal entries to specific users.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Margaret, thanks for raising your idea here.

Just want to add that it's only possible for adviser or standard + reports roles to view, edit or post Manual Journals. 

Does that change your idea here at all?

13. I would like to have expenses automatically itemise the receipts I expense, even if incorrect it would save so much time per receipt, if the system could read the receipt and automatically write everything into the itemisation lines also base its guessed off previous inputs and receipts.
    Or to be able to save the names of specific things that go into the accounts categories.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As is frequently reported in the news, cybercrimes are prevalent and increasing. In light of a security incident experienced by one of our own clients - additional security measures to avoid cyber security issues need to be addressed.
    Being able to safely send invoices electronically that have some type of protection on them is of utmost importance.

One small step that can easily be made within Xero is to remove the word 'Invoice' from the subject line of the email which basically can lead hackers to where the dollars are.
    This can be updated in your email settings- however secondary…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Autonumbering on the creation of quotes to help unique identification of jobs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please provide invoice only + draft users with the ability to create purchase orders from the mobile app

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this, Amy. 

I've done some testing to check around this and can confirm - While not currently available for iOS devices when using the Xero Accounting app, this is possible on and Android device with the mobile app, or when using Xero on a desktop.

There are some complexities adding to iOS and with a very little usage from IO users there are no plans at present to develop this there. However, it'd be good to get a better sense of the interest, and we'll start to track this through the idea, here. 🙂

17. Tier 3 cash flow statement needs to refer to "bank accounts and cash" per XRB requirements not "cash and cash equivalents". Xero reports do not permit these line descriptions to be edited on their cash flow statement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be great that it would be possible to set a default branding theme for a particular currency. This way the payment details added to a theme tailored for a Currency will match the invoice currency without manually having to set the correct theme in the invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When using pre-printed check stock, information on the voucher overlaps information on the pre-printed check. If you could change the layout of the voucher, this problem could be eliminated.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In timesheets, when you enter a new entry by hitting the + be good is the start of time could auto default to the end of time for the last timesheet entry you made, but you could still over type this if you wanted. Currently you have to keep looking and there is danger you could over lap or miss some time and it is time consuming.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?