We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. If someone is using a multi-currency Xero account, they should have the ability to print cheques in a currency other than their home currency. Currently this is not possible with a Xero Canadian account. This is extremely inconvenient for users who need to print cheques in a currency other than CAD.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I prepare Financial Statements, I copy and edit a published set of Financial Statements from the previous year. But it is annoying that in the now draft Financial Statements, the date in the Compilation Report does not refresh to current date. So I either manually edit the date or add a Comp Report from My Xero. Either way is a pain. Any better ideas?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Payroll - Leave Liability Report to include Time in Lieu or Time Banked. For Companies that choose to offer Time in Lieu to their employees, this will be extremely helpful for reporting purposes. Also if it was available in Excel would be great. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The view box that comes up when you approve bills is utterly useless, you can't do anything with them, I don't see the point. Before the recent changes, when you approved more than one bill, you could click on the view tab at the top of the page and be directed directly to these bills in awaiting payment, from that screen you could schedule them for payment. Now you have to approve them and then go to awaiting payment, search for the bills you just approved, make sure that the bills that come up in the search are indeed the…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The new feature sets the discount column to numeric value by standard. My business uses % and it's incredibly tedious having to type % each time. We can do 10-20 quotes a day with an average of 30 products per quote. So a feature that would allow us to click a button to default to percentage, so when you type a number the % appears (like in old Xero).

71 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice to have a simple option to show any report that is run by month. So for example if you run a P&L report for 1st of Jan to 30 June at the moment you get a total for the period by default. Once the time frame is selected an option to then see the time frame by month would be helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi, It would be helpful to have following information on activity statement : Total Invoiced amount ( as on Invoice report) and all payment activities ( payment date and amount). Now we have to send two different documents for customers -Invoice report and the activity statement. Would be nice to have all required Information on one statement. Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ruta, apologies for the delayed response. I can see what you mean and appreciate the example you've provided (Thanks!). 

From the looks, although not an exact statement format, the Receivable Invoice Summary report would show the details you're in need of here. 

Within this report you can include Net/Gross columns of the invoiced amounts and also have Payments/Credits shown in a separate column. 

You'll also be able to filter the report by Contact so you could export for a single Customer if that helps too. 

9. When you go into a contact, you can see items that are outstanding and what has been paid, but it would be good if there was the 'pdf' icon against the transaction in this screen rather than having to view the item to see the document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Large business that are using automated accounts payable, are starting to request that invoices are sent to them in the cXML format.

It would be great if there was an option to attach a version of the invoice in cXML format when sending an invoice to a customer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Kia Ora Xero,

In this 2022 Q4 update, it was nice to see the ability to show in chart the income and expenses by contact. It will be useful if Xero can have a chart for P&L. Users would like to see the distribution of income and/or expenses in chart format with the flexibility to show it by Categories or Groups.

Better if this can be inserted in the Monthly or Annual report under Notes or within the Analysis of revenue and/or expenses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create the report "Leave Balances". This report is available in the AUS version of Xero and is useful when calculating annual leave expense

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ability to group accounts under the Accounts Watchlist in the dashboard just like how it works in PnL report with automatic updating based on a certain criteria

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if we could pay our employees similar to how we can process a batch payment in XERO for bills. At the moment I am having to go into the bank account at the end and pay each employee individually.

Is there another way to do this ? I may be missing something.

Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Xero Me - Needs spot in App to input the Earnings Rate and Tracking Category for the employee. Needs a start/stop button for clocking in/out so that when the employee starts the day they simply press start and the app records the time started. When they press stop it records the stop time until the start time is pressed again. This can be used for breaks and for start and finish of the day - these can be edited if someone forgets. Currently you have to type in times and this can only be done at the end of the…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  9 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hi
    Would love to see the autosave available for Quotes. Often my clients are distracted whilst creating Quotes and when they've navigated to another section (rather than opening a new Xero tab), the Quote disappears!
    For one of my clients, his quoting is very detailed and this process takes valuable time which he'd rather not have to repeat if the Quote is no longer there.
    Invoices are autosaved of course, once a Contact is entered, so I would assume that the same principle could easily be applied to Quotes....
    Thanks!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When viewing the contents of files in the inbox, I currently have to close the file in order to be able to open and view the text of the email that it was sent with. I would like the email text to be an optional sidebar when viewing the contents of the file, so that I can see both the contents of the file and the context of why it was sent and who by at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the files inbox, when I want to rename or delete a file, I cannot do so while looking at the contents of the file. I must close the file and try to find it amongst the dozen or so files sent by a dozen different people, and then rename or delete it. I would like to be able to rename the file while I have it open.

Similarly, I would like to delete files from the inbox while looking at them - I get a LOT of forwarded email threads, and every logo in every footer shows up as…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bills: unapprove option

Have the option to unapprove a bill so it can revert back to draft/awaiting approval rather than having to void a bill and re-enter it.

419 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, we can see there’s lots of interest in this idea and appreciate all your feedback and comments. We absolutely understand the value that unapproving a bill would bring to your businesses. Unfortunately, while the concept is quite simple, the technical implementation within Xero is highly complex.

The good news is that our Product team is still keen to solve this problem for you. They have a possible solution and would love to hear your response to validate their thinking.

Put simply, instead of "unapproving", the solution would bundle the following tasks into a single action so that you can effectively "unapprove" a bill much faster.

• Void the bill
    • Copy the bill
    • Reattach any files (IF any) from the voided bill to the copy of the bill

A primary caveat to this is you could only action one bill at a time. So, if you had multiple bills that…

20. While the new search function in Reports is excellent, especially as there are so many in the overflow button of each listed report, it is not possible to mark the report shown in the search results as a favourite.

It would be great if there could be the option to either go to the report directly, or go to the report in the list so it can be marked as a favourite - or better still have the option to mark it as a favourite from within the search results list.

Alternatively, if the search results provided details of where…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?