Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4144 results found

1. I have a client who is wanting to set up a vendor and queried about the ability to send a form to the potential vendor with information required directly from Xero
    Unfortunately this is not an option at this time but I am wondering if this is something other businesses would use and how helpful this would be

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to customise how data is entered - decimal places. To speed up data entry the user should be able to have a setting where they can opt to have the decimal place automatically entered. I.e. type in 12345 and the result is 123.45

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When you have two or more invoices in multiple currencies from the same payee, you are currently unable to reconcile them to one payment.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dear Xero product team,

Please could we have an option to Password protect Lock Dates.

Where certain user can only unlok Lock dates i.e. Accountants or Subscriber

At the moment anyone can unlock the Lock dates which defeats the purpose of the Lock Dates.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To be able to view at a glance the 'period taken from a customer to pay invoices' from the Due Date to when the funds have reached the supplier's bank account. This is instead of exporting the Xero report in an excel sheet and then adding a formula to calculate the difference between the two dates. Surely with all the information already stored in the Xero account, this option shouldn't be too difficult to add. Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We need the ability to sort the data in the VAT Report table.

This will make it much easier to review all the transactions to check that everything has been properly allocated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be very useful to be able to change the names of the General Ledger Account Types. Also Fixed Assets should be changed to Capital Assets because Capital Assets is really the applicable term because not all Fixed Assets fixed. Machinery, equipment, rolling stocks......

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can we please have a report that will breakdown annual leave and leave loading. When there is a lot of employees that take leave for a quarter is time consuming to have to drill down into each employee to work out the leave loading to ensure that the SGC amount is reconciled.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When we create a bilk of invoices we are stuck with Xero trying each time to allocate an existing Credit Note that will possibly never be allocated. How do we disable this annoying function?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In Australia one of the criteria to classify as a "small buisiness" is to have 15 or less employees.

Could this also be reflected in Xero's pricing which jumps from 10 employees on payroll to 20.

It would be nice to have a meet half way mark with a fair price for 15 employess.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Our new system separately invoices every job we complete. This gets loaded into xero invoices, ATM you can copy these individual jobs and they can be put on to one invoice, great.

However Xero wont let you add more jobs to this invoice by the same copy facility.
    It only gives you the option of a customer name not an invoice number.
    I would like to be able to add jobs daily to this invoice and send my customer one invoice at the end of the week/month.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need to report on employee timesheets against my tracking categories. For example how many hours have employees recorded against Job A, Job B, Job C etc in any given timescale. In the transaction/payroll activity report it only gives £ and not into tracking categories.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have multiple clients for whom I perform varying tasks. I log in and work on their accounts with my practice email.

When sending invoices on clients' behalf, or paying bills to clients' suppliers, the copy invoice or remittance advice goes to my practice email as I am the logged in user. The person/company who needs this copy is my client (whose email is the 'reply to').

At present I have to then log into my emails and forward the copies to my clients manually, (as filters get confused) and ensuring it is the correct client if I have been…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Adding staff working on a project without giving them access to Xero.

There is absolutely not need for staff to have access to Xero for me to log that they have worked on a project for 8 hours at £xx rate per hour.

I don't want to add this information to the ledger as the staff are payrolled so I cannot enter this as an expense but I would like to diarise time against the project so profitability can be calculated.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. To be able to run Top Customers report showing the net figures and not just gross.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Aaah thanks for the clarification, Vicky and Alex. You could use the Management report to add the Top Customers report. Appreciate that the chart itself displays for Gross figures right now. We'll continue gathering interest for this here. 

In regards to the sort order of the report - By default contacts will be sorted by the Gross column, however you can add a Net column and re-sort by clicking on any column header. 🙂

16. Hi,

You can only create credit notes to Invoices or Bills if these aren't marked as paid on Xero, or by creating them as new items from contacts or using upload via Hubdoc.

I think it would be beneficial to allow the creation of credit notes from bills or invoices that are already paid. Very often, there is a requirement for a credit note to be created when the bill/invoice is already paid. Adding the feature to allow creating credit notes based on the information already recorded on paid bills/invoices would save a lot of time in dealing with creating…

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Wojciech, if an invoice or bill has already been paid there is no amount left outstanding for the invoice. It sounds like you'd like the ability to easily copy the detail of an invoice to a credit note? I've slightly updated the title of your idea here, for this. 

If this doesn't quite reflect it'd be great to get more detail of scenarios you'd in which your business receives a credit note for a completely paid invoice or bill. 

17. Create timesheet availability to Contractors set up in Xero payroll as Non employee.
    Currently this is only available to employees.

Require the ability to process timesheets to pay Subcontractors for hours worked on site so Super is taken into account but PAYG is not applicable.
    Currently not available to STP2 category Contractor 'Non Employees'

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I feel that there is a poor level of dialogue from Xero on these ideas. For the top voted topics - I'd like communication as to what they're doing to implement a solution (and if not then why not).
    For the ideas that are years old but still receive steady votes - what's happening?

If Xero have no plans to take on certain ideas then make it known.

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Paul-John, appreciate your feedback here. Our team are constantly reviewing new as well as sharing and rallying for many of the trending ideas across the site here. 

Hopefully you feel more of the interaction overtime. 

We take ideas seriously and this does mean sometime may need to be put into evaluating an idea internally before it's position is updated in the community here. There are many factors that weigh into the product decision and development process that extend beyond the site alone and some ideas require careful consideration from multiple areas and people throughout the business. Where possible we will do our best to openly set expectation and you can use the Status of an idea to better understand it's position. 

19. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to group project into folder to help categories them internally within the team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some of our customers have set discounts, however, some of our inventory items have very little to no margin and we would like to be able to block that inventory item from being discounted. Also, freight gets discounted on customers that have discounts saved to their account?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?