Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. On the new bills screen you're now unable to open other areas (awaiting payment/draft etc) in a second tab without first opening the purchases overview window in a new tab.

On the old bills screen you could either middle click or ctrl+click the options at the top of the list to do this and it was rather useful.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We would like to be able to hide certain bank accounts on the dashboard so our employees who reconcile our bank accounts don't also see our payroll bank account (same with loan accounts, savings accounts etc) where the wages get paid from. I.e. the ability to edit the dashboard and 'hide' a bank account for certain employees/ Xero users. Currently as I understand, editing the dashboard is unique to the logged in user.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Heiko, even if you were to hide the bank account from the dashboard, if the user has permissions that enable them to access bank accounts they would be able to view this information somewhere else. 

It sounds like you'd be interested in the idea across here asking for the ability to restrict access to bank accounts. Would this be correct? 

If so, I'll merge to keep this feedback altogether. 

3. On Drafts there would be say 10 lines which is actually all for the same asset.

Say I am building a product store. Using 10 different suppliers. Store, Erection, Floor, Building inside etc. I want to map all those together and register as 1 asset when done. This way the auditors see the whole store as one asset. Not 10 lines that I must show them. For instance "Thats the floor in that storage building"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Dear Xero,

Cheque Printing option should be available for versions outside of Canada & US It's a very key feature required to many organizations which should be added in xero. Hope to see this feature available to every version of Xero in the near future.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set up leave so that it automatically tops up at the start of the year with a set amount.
    I have an employee that has an arrangement of xhours per years to be used as they wish. At the start of each year this reverts back to the agreed hours. Any hours not taken during the previous year is cleared.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When using the search function to filter reports, the "Select All" function disappears - it would be very helpful to have this function available whether using the search. Attached for demo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am a relatively new user to Xero but have over 35 years MYOB experience as an Accountant. While I enjoy many of the Xero features there is a fundamental one that is missing and frustrates me endlessly. In MYOB under contacts there is a history tab where you can easily see spend history by month for several years for customers and suppliers. This is such a simple but powerful screen that is completely missing in Xero. Running reports is slow and un-necessary.

Have you considered offering this simple enhancement to Xero?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, it seems that business owners with more than one company need to purchase separate subscriptions for each entity.

Whilst this may be a good solution for users with one or two entities, it becomes very expensive (and in some cases prohibitive) for users who own multiple entities to make use of Xero as an accounting service. Additionally, "overall financial position" metrics / reports currently need to be purchased separately - which further increases the cost for business owners.

I would thus like to enquire whether it would be possible for Xero to create either a license option to that…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. To have a report for NET Sales for a month. Currently there is a report that only shows what's payable with VAT (not all sales are vatable) so, when trying to reconcile with the in-house ordering program it becomes a whole big xcel spreadsheet exercise...... takes to much time. the report also includes Prepayments which are not goods sold, but money transactions in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Imported bank statements - propose for Xero to spot "duplicate" transactions as to remedy this situation I had to process a large number of lines one by one across a number of different accounts

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Project Summary Report always had actual hours and estimated hours on and since it has been updated this option is no longer available and that is 2 of the most important columns for us. Also the wording of the headings have changed and no longer match the Project Details report which is ridiculous. This report needs to be converted back to how they used to be.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We have a few Singapore entities on Xero. They are all registered under one Group GST registration. It would be good to have a function to consolidate GST reporting under the same GST registration number as they are related subsidiaries.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adding Client's (Supplier) tax registration number column to Account Transactions report and Income/Expense by Contact report. Helpful with filing INTRASTAT, VIES & 46G.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The ability to copy with one click an entity's ABN without spaces so that it can be pasted in ABR

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Once a timesheet has been approved, I think it should show on the dashboard under bills to pay. We have varying numbers of contractors each week (sometimes many, sometimes only 1 contractor) which makes it difficult to know at a glance how much we owe for their wages each week.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ability to setup a 13 week budget (blocks of 4 weeks). We currently cannot utilise the budget function because there is only the ability to budget monthly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi there, would be awesome to be able to have a column in the detailed general ledger which has the quantities from what you entered in the quantity column when you reconcile the transactions. This is especially important when figured is used with Xero. As it takes a lot of time to go into each transaction and see what the stock quantities are to get the group total.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cash Summary
    The new cash summary report is pulling through the Reporting Name instead of the Name for income and expenses, as a result the Cash Summary doesn't read well e.g. Interest paid we have usually changed the Reporting Name to just the bank name only as in our financial statement formats it appears under the Interest heading so 'Interest" had been roved in the report name, So in the report it just shows as Bank Name but doesn't say that it is interest. The Old Cash Summary report is preferrable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add ability to make type face in the Xero account transactions screen black or more bold. An elderly user has asked me to post this request. The light type face is difficult to see. They are managing all other aspects of Xero so would be great if this option could be added.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The longer I use Xero the more supplier invoices it stores.
    When I use the recent bills report it takes so long to go back to the beginning 2015 in my case before it allows you to put in a date search.
    It would be great if we could have a function to archive old supplier and customer invoices- not losing them altogether but just in the background to be viewed if needed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?