Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4144 results found

1. Change the permissions required to connect apps, most importantly the Pipedrive app. Since currently Pipedrive users (sales people) are required to have full access to Xero in order to connect and use the integration. We can't give our sales team full access to our accounts due to sensitive transaction details and salaries contained in Xero as you would expect.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. CX0012821665 refers.

It would be good if Xero could turn on the functionality to post the theoretical Unrealised forex entries that it is calculating as a reversing entry. It would be a bonus if Xero gave the business the option to have it posted. Without this, because its not a journal, it doesnt reflect in my BI system. To post a manual entry is not a solution as then both entries appear on the TB

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Label printing. It would be so much easier if having entered the name and address on an invoice we could then print the name and address directly onto a label writer (something easily done using Sage software). We are a publisher, selling books via a website to people who usually only ever make one purchase, so we don't want to create an unnecessarily massive contact list. At the moment we have to type their name and address onto the invoice, then type it all over again on the label writer software, thus doing the same thing twice with the chance…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have some suppliers that charge tax (e.g. VAT) and others who do not (e.g. from abroad).

On the bank rule creation/editing page, it would be useful to be able to specify the default taxation status (i.e. Tax Inclusive, Tax Exclusive, No Tax) for all transactions being processed by that rule.

This would save having to manually select the correct tax category on every bank rule transaction during reconciliation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi all, when using bank rules to create transactions you can specify the tax rate that should be applied to the transaction. For example you can set if the bank rules created from certain suppliers would have VAT rate 20%, zero rated or No VAT.

5. Currently, the number of files that can be uploaded is limited to 50. It would be useful to be able to upload more than 50 files. For example, to a loan account we might need to attach the original loan documents, associated invoices, monthly statements and letters relating to interest rate increases. For a 5 year loan, more than 50 documents would be required for monthly statements alone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can you colour code each row in the "Sales Overview > Invoices" based on "status" so that paid invoice listings are "green", waiting payment are "orange" and overdue are perhaps "red"? At the moment the "Sent" column is the only colour coded column which shows "green" whether the invoice is just "sent" or "viewed" which doesn't make it easy to know which invoice to chase for payment.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have the option to set your Preference to logging in to 'My Xero' instead of Xero HQ or Lsat Client you were in.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. From within your contact details or Quote or Invoice - why not have the functionality to communicate to a client via WhatsApp or send the Quote or Invoice via WhatsApp. If you are in the construction industry, acknowledging that not everyone is in construction, the craftsmen you work with only gets to Mail and acceptance of quotes in the evenings. WhatsApp's they respond to easily and quickly ....

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Where the business uses Xero for GST and payroll, it would be great to be able to create a bill off a finalised GST return or finalised payrun. To have the bill included in the payables automatically would ensure the bill is captured.
    It would also be great to be able to pay GST and employer deductions with a batch file from Xero, just as we can with other bills. This would remove the need for manual loading of the payments in the bank and ensure the matching of the payment in Xero was a full circle to the finalised…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To see accumulated depreciation on disposal on the Disposal Schedule report.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We enter bulk bills into the system and can only attached a copy of the invoice after authorised. To upload these signed invoices are time consuming having to open each bill and then drag or attached the copy invoice.

It would save us so much time if these invoices could be attached directly to the bills in purchase overview instead of having to open every bill.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The ability to hit the F9 button (or similar) as in Sage, to automatically fill the amount in the 'amount to credit' field, without having to type values in manually

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to add custom columns to the Depreciation Schedule report to add more information such as market rates for resale

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Increase number of letters/spaces in text field boxes in employee name fields.

Text fields for employee names are currently limited to 36 letters so my suggestion is to have an unlimited text field or increase to 50 spaces.

I only discovered this when a new employee's last name has 40 letters so I can't accurately add his full last name. Payslips need to be downloaded and edited via a pdf editor so he has the accurate payslip for his tax and visa records.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For my clients that I have on Xero, I would like to use the Xero Network Key send through my invoices as Spend Money transactions instead of Bills.

Similarly, I would like to receive invoices from Xero through my Xero Network Key as a Spend Money instead of a bill that I import/approve.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The functionality in Xero that shows a file has been deleted in the History and Notes section of a transaction.

Currently if a file is added to a transaction and then deleted, under the history and notes section it still shows there was file uploaded, but doesn't have an audit trail that it was subsequently deleted.
    is this something that can be added as part of the history and notes to be more accurate

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to assign appointments from outlook into projects as time entries. Narrative of work completed could be put in the appointment and then assigned to the project. The colour of the appointment in outlook would change colour to show its been assigned.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you make the "Paid From" and "Reference" fields wider in the Make a Payment section of the bills and invoices? I like detail in my Reference field and there are only 14 characters that you can see and in the Paid From field, you can't see both the account number and the text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Management Pack report includes the Aged Receivables and Aged Payables reports. When they fall over two pages due to the volume of contacts, the column headings only appear on the first page. It would be useful (and good practice) to repeat the column headings on each page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A Simple EOFY Report for Contractor Payments - to include Income Payg and Super + contractors details + email (for mail merge) all in one report
    I see Xero are in the process of updating reports... Im yet to see an upgrade on contractor reporting, between XERO and the ATO, im sure these clever people can come up with something more efficient. I finally have got Recipient created tax invoices flowing (still could be better if POs worked as well as Bills do in XERO - another idea here) EOFY reports to Contractors and the ATO is very time consuming,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?