For accountants & bookkeepers

For accountants & bookkeepers

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1186 results found

1. It would be really useful if in Xero Central you could create a record of achievement which shows any Xero training which has been completed along with the date it was completed. I know you can see the modules that have been done, but it doesnt give the date and it doesnt display in a way that is easy to export to show others for CPD purposes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We are starting to utilise the Xero email function to push PDF attachments through to files, to then either raise a bill or spend money.

For ease could it be possible to show the number of documents that need attention ie. Files (8) when we drop down on the client name?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Hubdoc  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Can we have the ability to search for a transaction , by amount , payee or description across all bank accounts. Rather than having to go into each bank account and sort dates etc and than search. Having the option to choose all bank accounts, rather than an individual bank account would be awesome.

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change reply to email address:
    Any user can send tax letters, but the reply to email address can be set as one specific email (much like in blue xero)

For example:
    staff1@accountingfirm.co.nz sends provisional tax reminders to clients, but when clients receive the tax reminder email, the reply to address is admin@accountingfirm.co.nz

This same feature is already available in Blue Xero when sending invoices

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi can you please add in a function to the adviser reports that allows the users to enter in dynamic ranges, such as current date but can also be extended to other fields. As I do not want to be pulling in a new template each time this error occurs, I would like to just amend the pages by inserting the new date reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could we have the option to send out accounts and tax returns without a date on them, so that when the client signs them via E-sign options, the date can be updated to reflect the date they signed?

We have been embracing Xero Tax for all our company accounts and tax returns this year, to really identify what still needs to be addressed and provide that feedback before we abandon our existing software.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please could we have the option to change the Corporation Tax Return approval date in the same way that the Accounts Approval date can be changed to reflect the actual date the client signed the accounts and tax return.

Or better still, we could just have one are to change the approval date and it would update both the accounts and corporation tax return

We have been embracing Xero Tax for all our company accounts and tax returns this year, to really identify what still needs to be addressed and provide that feedback before we abandon our existing software.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please can we have a simple Tax Return Status report that we can run by tax year (or other appropriate filters) that shows all the relevant fields that I can see on personal tax return screen.

This way we would be able to run a report for a particular tax year and see who we still have to do by way of a control check. This would also be useful on the company tax and accounts side

I would also like to see a date finalised on there so we can review and plan for the next tax season

I…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ledger system for Company Financials

I have just changed from Reckon Elite Practice Management to Xero Practice Management.
    EPM allowed me to enter data from GL summaries from clients various accounting software, prepare year end journals and generate Financial Reports etc.

I've found the Financial Report templates in HQ but can only use for clients with Xero subscriptions.

I would like to know what others are using for the above purposes if their client is not using Xero as their accounting software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Xero Log on - Alias email address for use with multi practice access.
    Currently working in two accountancy practices with access to Xero but can only have one access to Admin. This means restricted access to one practices clients and having to be added manually to each client.
    I have a generic email address from my Log in so the clients are not aware I work for multiple firms. This has to be explained to the client as it shows in their user list. Also when emailing clients directly from Xero, an alias email has to be created for that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Outside organisations are requesting copies of Tax returns and we don't want to show Client's bank account details and date of birth on the Lodged Tax Returns when sending via Xero electronically.

Clients of ours firm are concerned with identity theft. If this could be implemented it would be a great feature.

This affects Xero Tax and Xero Practice Manager.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Re Managed fund distribution worksheet, the field 'Current year capital gains - Discount method (Grossed-up amount)' was prefilled incorrectly.

It's prefilled with net amount instead of the grossed-up one, results in validation error, need to manually edited it.

It could be great if xero can fix this, thanks :)

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing your idea in the forums, team. We appreciate what you're asking and how this could currently be confusing. Our team are working on some improvement for the Distribution worksheet that'd allow you to select whether this field was filled as Gross, or Net amount. We'll keep you updated of the progress for this here. 🙂

13. The option to set the practice name as the sender for a query and not the Xero user. E.g. "Xero Accounting Group via Xero" and not "John Smith via Xero".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Xero HQ  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When a client uploads or emails a file to the Xero files area of their own subscription, it would be helpful if we, as their accountants, could receive a notification to let us know there is a file waiting for us.
    This should be an optional setting, perhaps even with limits (eg notify me for every 5 files uploaded).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like the payroll reports to be able to be sorted by first name or last name. I sue them for a number of reporting requirements with third parties and it would make it so much easier if I was able to do this.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There should be the option to show the tax estimate (i.e.: calculation page) for companies on the front page of the tax return instead of being buried within the body of the report.

For a lot of clients the first page is what they are really interested in (calculation of tax payble/refundable).

Having the flexibility of being able to change page ordering within Xero Tax without having to do it manually would be helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When preparing the statutory accounts in Xero Tax it would be great to have the feature to create your own "freeform note". For example, I need to add a secured debts note to the accounts however Xero does not currently provide this note amongst the list, therefore I need a freeform note where I can determine the heading and body of the note to feature in the notes to the financial statements. Currently the workaround is to declare the secured debts note as a line with the creditors which makes the presentation of the accounts weak.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, reviewing this idea our team are exploring the possibility of adding the ability to add a number of Freeform Notes in some of the Financial statements for FRS102 1a as part of our plans to improve the Notes & Disclosures and offer greater flexibility. We'll round back to share once we have confirmation for you all. 🙂

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When preparing personal tax return on Xero, I accidentally edited the field "Your spouse's assessable income" in Spouse tab and now it's labeled as "edited"

It could be great if I can undo the 'edit' so the field can automatically generate data from spouse's return like how it was

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. My clients overpaid for BAS in previous quarter, results in CR amount on ATO portal.
    It could be great if I can add this CR amount when preparing next BAS in Xero so they can offset payable/refundable amounts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xero Tax  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?