Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4593 results found

1. Please provide invoice only + draft users with the ability to create purchase orders from the mobile app

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for raising this, Amy. 

I've done some testing to check around this and can confirm - While not currently available for iOS devices when using the Xero Accounting app, this is possible on and Android device with the mobile app, or when using Xero on a desktop.

There are some complexities adding to iOS and with a very little usage from IO users there are no plans at present to develop this there. However, it'd be good to get a better sense of the interest, and we'll start to track this through the idea, here. 🙂

2. Tier 3 cash flow statement needs to refer to "bank accounts and cash" per XRB requirements not "cash and cash equivalents". Xero reports do not permit these line descriptions to be edited on their cash flow statement.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great that it would be possible to set a default branding theme for a particular currency. This way the payment details added to a theme tailored for a Currency will match the invoice currency without manually having to set the correct theme in the invoice.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When using pre-printed check stock, information on the voucher overlaps information on the pre-printed check. If you could change the layout of the voucher, this problem could be eliminated.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In timesheets, when you enter a new entry by hitting the + be good is the start of time could auto default to the end of time for the last timesheet entry you made, but you could still over type this if you wanted. Currently you have to keep looking and there is danger you could over lap or miss some time and it is time consuming.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  2 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Pop-up Notes to link to added schedules in Reports

In the layout of a Report, you can add a schedule which can be numbered and appear at the bottom of the report. When you go back to the main report and look to add a note you should be able to link to the Schedule. Currently, you can only link to text notes.

Interestingly the text notes do get renumbered when you add a schedule but you can not add a note to reference the schedule.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Cost analysis by group type, e.g. we have a group for DD suppliers. It would be useful to analyse how much we spend by group over a set period. We are looking at setting up other groups soon so this would be very helpful.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Most our clients require Delivery Order. The current packing slip does not cover the clients company requirement.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I understand the ATO requires you to enter 2FA daily, but that doesn't mean the tickbox should uncheck itself every day.

If I tick trust this device on Monday and login using 2FA, I can then login without 2FA for 24 hours.

After that 24 hours, I need to login using 2FA again AND I have to tick the trust this device box again to get another 24 hour reprieve.

Let us tick the box or another box that will remember our choice ongoing. So each day I only have to login using 2FA again but my choice to trust…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi, we are an Engineering company that manufacture sporting goods and a "Special instructions" field would be very useful to us.
    Reason for that being each product has certain specifications to the type of material we need to order to manufacture it.
    Some products needs to get cut at a Lazer cutter, then it gets send to us, our engineers do some work on it and then it gets send out for anodizing. It then comes back to us and are ready for sale.
    I know the History and notes field are there, but when our instructions and/or suppliers change,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be great if Xero could send an alert if a leave request has been submitted for a payroll period that has already been processed?
    This would apply in the situation that payroll was run early and then an employee took a day off in the period that was included in the payrun.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Projects

When invoice is created from Projects ( I have Six Staff) It automatically orders this in name order and has mutiple date entries from the Latest date entered.
    I then have to ferry each date up the page to order these chronologically so i have the earliest date and each staff member for this date (before starting to add matarials etc)
    To make it easier for my clients to read what is entailed for each day.
    We need a button to convert invoice to date order as on big jobs this takes me over half an hour ??

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We have started working with a new bank and they use OFX v2. It seems Xero only supports v1.
    Would be great if Xero can support this new version of OFX.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I do have to raise sales invoices to different clients and receive inward invoices from vendors.

For one of them, if I want for the single contact (to whom I raise sales invoice and receive purchase invoices) to be displayed separately in financial reports as receivable / payable.

Presently, in the balance sheet all the receivables are displayed as account receivables / payable under a single head.

Can we group this single contact in such a way that balances are displayed as a separate contact in balance sheet and not is default group Account receivable / Payable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There's no way to do this in the Balance Sheet. Is there a reason the Contact Transactions reports aren't of use? Or could you explain a little more of the needs this would solve for your business? 

15. Get rid of this stupid MFA on EVERY sign in.
    It used to be monthly which was bad enough, now it is a constant pain having to use an authentication device just to get access to Xero. MFA is a complete waste of user time. My bank doesn't use it and I trust them not to lose my money, so why does accounting software need it?
    If the ATO insists on it with their stupid STP, then link it to STP and nothing else.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Could there please be a facility to post journals between contacts (either supplier or customer) for example between BT Telecom and EDF energy
    Currently there is only the facility to post journals between nominal ledger codes.
    Many thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julie, could you explain a little more the scenarios in which you'd be looking to make use of a this sort of functionality?

At present - if the transactions has originally be assigned to the wrong contact this can be edited. 

Understanding more of the use case may help us find another solution for you here, although I don't want to be open that we don't have plans for enabling transfers between contacts. 

17. Exchange Rate - Allow more than 6 decimal places.

For conversions from smaller currencies (e.g. 1 KRW = 0.00071 USD), users need the ability to place more than 6 decimal places in order to get the exact currency conversion for the transaction. QuickBooks allows this so I don't see why Xero can't implement it as well.

Xero Central suggested that I make adjustment entries in my Realised Currency Gains account and I find it ridiculous to have to do it than just being allowed to input exact numbers in my original transactions.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. send notifications for declined expenses (Xero Expenses). the only notification send is for approve expenses but not for declined expenses

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Our firm would like to utilize file storage within Xero for our clients, but we have a few suggestions based on how we use our current platform for files. We would like to see that the person uploading a document to the files can lock the document so that other users cannot delete it (i.e. minute book), that the documents stored in the files are live (i.e. live spreadsheets) so that items don't need to be constantly downloaded and uploaded and mass downloads for when a client is being offboarded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Marlene, thanks for sharing how files could e more powerful for your business and working with clients. We ask that each thread only contain 1 idea so it's clear for community members to know what they 're supporting and we can get a understanding of the interest for specific development. 

I've updated your title to your first idea and e have 1 started for the ability to bulk export files over here you can join - welcome to also start new ideas for other items you'd like to see developed. 🙂

20. Given that the HMRC reminders are non-customisable, sporadic and could be taken away at any time, could we please develop email reminders for VAT submission deadlines in Xero?

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?