Skip to content

For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4581 results found

1. We have up to 100 employees at certain times of the year, and it would be easier to unselect employees we are not paying, than select employees we are paying. A "select all" option would be good.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

·  3 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When selecting ACTIVITY under the Statements section, it would be helpful to filter receipts only. I can currently print a Statement of Activity using a custom advanced template I created, but I sometimes want to omit the invoices to show the client a list of receipts only in a nice report format. To recap, looking for a Statement of Activity, but only showing receipts for the period of time I select.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kathi, having a bit of a play with reports this is possible through the use of the Customer Invoice Activity report

You can add a Filter for Source to only select Receivable Payments - this would then show all payments your customers have made without detail of the individual invoices themselves - Have a try and let us know if this solves your needs here 😊

3. When entering bills as "Tax Inclusive" line items, Xero automatically changes it to "Tax exclusive" line items.
    When trying to edit the bill to show tax inclusive line items, it again auto reverts to tax exclusive per line item.
    I am requesting Xero to allow for having a choice between Tax Inclusive Bill line items, as well as Tax Exclusive. Why? This is because it is easier to reconcile due to the payment being tax inclusive.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. REMOVE COMPANY ADDRESS FROM STAFF PAYSLIPS

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently, the number of files that can be uploaded is limited to 50. It would be useful to be able to upload more than 50 files. For example, to a loan account we might need to attach the original loan documents, associated invoices, monthly statements and letters relating to interest rate increases. For a 5 year loan, more than 50 documents would be required for monthly statements alone.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Split out the 'other previous earnings' section in the YTD section of an employees payslip between commission, annual leave etc

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  5 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Under Custom Reports

I send out reports to my departments each month, this morning it took 4 hours to add the tracking codes to the new P & L reports (we love the new report and so do our Department Heads).
    I was wondering if there is a way of saving each custom report for each individual dept with their tracking within a folder. We have a Junior and Senior Campus and about 45 departments at each. We already have a lot of custom reports so having a folder system would allow each Admin staff member to access what they…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the example, Shellee! That's a good few departments 😮

There's no facility to create folders in the Reports Centre for this sort of categorisation atm. 

We'll begin tracking support in this here. 

8. with the new functionality of adding start end times and notes, we are not able to print or download this data in any reporting. the only way we can SEE this info is in the individual timesheet by person.
    If you can update the report to include all information that would be useful as the current process is only half done.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When sending a quotation it would be really helpful if the system did not allow the quote to exceed the number of items held in inventory in the same way as invoicing does. There is little point in quoting for items that we do not hold in stock and we do not operate negative balances for inventory.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate your interest in raising your idea. Being open this isn't something we have plans for right now. There are some industries where it is common to quote for stock that is yet to be purchased, without having to purchase he inventory in advance. 

We'll continue to monitor the idea here, but want to be upfront that there are no plans to change this in the near term. 

10. Please can you add support for Yubikeys, the development webpage is here:

https://developers.yubico.com/

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for sharing with us here, everyone. We appreciate why you'd like simpler methods to improve efficiency when logging in to use Xero. 

Our product team have started some work to enable logging into Xero using passkeys. As mentioned in some of your comments, this'll support Yubikeys by default.

For now, we'll move this idea to Under review and I'll come back to keep you updated on the latest news for this feature.

11. Process invoices in bulk for one transaction and one set of charges on a certain day of the month. At the moment it is only possible to take a single invoice on DD i.e. each one individually. This incurs costs from providers such as GoCardless. Setting all invoices with the same due date will not work as they will all be taken as individual transactions. It would be great to be able to wrap they up to take them all in one on a certain day of the month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When An employee has a salary Sacrifice an option to directly link it.
    In my case its for his pension so an option to link it directly to the pension so it appears on the pension filings.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would save a lot of errors if you had an employment type option where once 'casual' was selected as a type, you could only then enter what was needed for casual staff and leave/holiday pay would automatically change accordingly. I have anumber of clients who, when entering new casual staff, inadvertently add hours per day and days per week which then starts the accrual of annual leave and unless they tick the little box under holiday pay, the employee is not paid their 8%.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi team, great to get your feedback and support through the idea here. We appreciate these challenges with the current functionality when setting up a casual employee. We’ve started some work around enabling Xero customers to select Employment Types such as casual. While in early stages at present we’ll keep you updated on progress for this here.

14. Re Payroll/Timesheets/RDO's. Can you please allow employees to enter a negative No of hours in Xero Me to category RDO accrual to get their hours back to the usual eg. 76 in a fortnight. Currently cannot submit.
    Staff working 40 hours to obtain hours RDO is problematic. I don't agree with Xero's instruction to change opening balance accrual figures. Must be able to be audited.

Please change the break hours to be able to be 1. entered online and not just via Xero Me 2. within 1 entry. Currently staff have to enter 2 lines each day.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We are a subscription based business, so it would be great to be able to bulk update repeating invoice amounts. Either by selecting all the ones we'd like to change or by pushing through new inventory/product/service price changes. At the moment we have to change every single repeating invoice and this takes hours and hours!

210 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback and great to hear the use you find in repeat templates in Xero. 

While there's no way to bulk update templates atm, you may find updating your templates through export & import of invoices more helps quicken things up?

You could export invoices that have been generated from your template to CSV, update the amounts in the exported file, and then re-import

This will create 'Draft' invoices in your Xero org from which you can create a Repeat template and then delete the draft. 🙂

16. Give the ability to set a percentage (i.e) 50% on an employees bank account when paying across more than one bank.
    I have an employee who always splits her pay equally between 2 bank accounts, however she is a commission paid rep and therefore each pay amount is different. So the current function is no use to me- which allows a $$ amount to be set only. This is fine for set salaried employees but not for commissioned sales reps.
    MYOB had a function where you could set a percentage on how much went to bank account 1, and therefore…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  6 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When operating tracking income and expenses in two areas, payroll allows for the primary tracking category when setting up the employee and the time sheet allows the secondary tracking option to be selected.

Currently the timesheet option only allows for the 'hours worked' to be allocated to the secondary tracking option. Any allowance can only be added at the pay run which means it cannot be added to the secondary tracking category.

Can we have the ability to add allowances as an option in the timesheet?

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. User can allocate a Project from spend monies directly from the bank reconciliations, but cannot allocate received monies to a Project?

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Update the monthly payroll to calculate based on the number of work hours in the month, rather than taking the yearly salary / 12 / number work hours. Given that each month has a different number of work days, the pay rate changes every month and this is a compliance issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would like a feature added so that we can add a billable expense to an Invoice even though a payment has been made by customer. It is crazy that you have to delete a deposit from a client so that you can then add a billable expense to the invoice for tracking. Customers pay a deposit then goods are ordered for their job.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?