For small businesses

Categories

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

4204 results found

1. Dear Xero product team,

Please could we have an option to Password protect Lock Dates.

Where certain user can only unlok Lock dates i.e. Accountants or Subscriber

At the moment anyone can unlock the Lock dates which defeats the purpose of the Lock Dates.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In New Invoicing can the Date field be left blank when in draft status as per previously. Regularly I create draft invoices and want to continue to be able to leave the date blank or to put tentative dates in before moving forwards int he process.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. we should be able to do a csv bulk upload for receiving payments on invoices. the filed highlighted in yellow should be in a csv file, other fields such as invoice number or ref can be added. we do bulk upload and the invoice automatically updates with the payments.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In invoice reminders you do not have the option to add the original invoice as a PDF. My customers accounting teams do NOT follow links in emails (against security policy), but can read an attachment (as long as it is PDF). I would like this added as an option on invoice reminders.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Is it possible for cash sales/one off payments to chose not to save an email address? Every time I do a one-off cash sale for a new/random customer, the email address automatically saves into the Cash Sale contact file. But the next cash sale invoice is going to a different email address, so while I can input the new email address, the one prior is printed on the invoice! It is getting very tedious having to go into the contact file, delete the previous email address and get back into the new invoice to reprint it every time I do…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback, Carolyn. Appreciate the different use case and why you may not want information from a singular invoice to update the contact. We'll get an understanding of the demand for this here. 

In the meantime, it'd be good to understand if recording as Receive money could help your flow here for cash sales so you don't have to enter contact details?

6. On the P & L reports, there quite often extra lines at the bottom which aren't required this yr, but may be next year. which we don't need ie: Net loss/ profit before beneficiary dist , nor do we need before tax etc as a loss, just need the bottom line ( net Profit /Loss). Companies also have the same issue. Is there a way to "hide" these lines? if not , can we add this as a suggestion please. Don't want to delete, just hide or disable as necessary

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a report to show all payslips for an employee for a given time period. Currently these have to be downloaded one by one.

460 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey community, 👋 thanks for all your support on this idea, I’m pleased to let you know that this has been delivered for UK Payroll initially! It includes the ability to select the date range you’re interested in, and check boxes to either select all results or multiple. Then you can download your selection as a single PDF of multiple payslips.

For users in AU and NZ we know this is a highly anticipated feature, however to be open this is not any immediate plans for those teams so we’ll leave this idea open. While we appreciate it doesn’t help employers needing bulk downloads, employees can be invited into the Xero Me portal to self-serve payslip collection.

8. This should be automatically added to your account, rather than having to save to Xero manually each month

561 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi community, to continue sharing on our development of einvoicing in the UK - we've now released our first part of this experience. So, if you have registered for einvoicing, you'll be able to edit your billing contact to select to 'Receive Xero subscription bills as einvoices where you'll just need to enter your businesses VAT. As mentioned in my last update - we're still developing this experience, and coming up will be the ability to choose this option from the online invoice itself. I'll loop back when this is released.

9. Hi Team, Im not sure if this has been raised, but can we get the ability when setting up an employee to be able to allocate a % of their salary costs between different department / cost centres. At this stage we do not have the option of splitting salary costs without having to do manual journals

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to create recurring credit notes for both suppliers and costumers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Would it be possible to create a contact who is a "sub contact" of an existing contact. For example we perform work for a strata management company. Every invoice is made out to [name of strata company] but the contact details, email address and physical address are all the same - that of the management company. I would love to create [strata management company] as the main contact with all the strata "divisions" they manage below them without having to create a new contact for every single new building. What are my chances?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate where you're coming from with this idea, Kirsty. 

Right now you could create a Contact Group, and have each related contact assigned to that contact group. Get what you're saying with the efficiency when having most of the same details - for now perhaps importing via csv would help create these in less time. 

We also have an idea for the ability to copy a contact, and another for contact group statements that you might like to join and follow. 

We'll start to get a feel of the interest for this type of feature here, and I'll let you know if there's any change planned. 

12. This is really for Xero Blue not practice manager, but you do not have a category for this,

Automated client statements - have the option to send out our practice statements on a regular basis i.e. weekly or fortnightly regardless of the days due or overdue!

338 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In the new invoicing it is possible to add a customers credit onto their invoice from the bottom of the screen however the old version would have a pop up asking if you would like to apply the credit.

Can we change new invoicing so that it pops up asking for confirmation as this is easily missed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Amy, when you start entering an invoice for a customer that has credit you'll receive a notification in the bottom right. Then, when you approve the invoice you'll receive a prompt to let you know that you have credit for the contact and would you like to apply it. Or is there a different place in this flow you'd expect to see the prompt? 

14. Expenses - on a single expense receipt there might be different tax rates applied. For example a cup of coffee might have a tax rate of 20% applied but add an almond shot and this can have 0% tax. So, in the UK at least, an ability to split the total amount claimed and apply different tax receipts would be wonderful. At the moment I have 2 submit the expense twice, overwrite the total and apply the correct tax, then match the 2 items with the single bank transaction. Painful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Payroll Summary Filters

Would like to have a filter in drop down box to select current employees ;archived or terminated employees. Currently you can only select all employees or a selection of individual employees. Would save time preparing Long Service Reports if this new filter option was available.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We have a 2 year old issue where we changed an employee end date then reverted a payrun. HMRC has not recognised the revertion or that the resubmission is the same data so we have a duplicate that we haven't been able to sort out.
    To avoid this pain for others, could there be a pop-up warning if someone tries to revert (or otherwise change) a payrun where an included employee has an end date set? Or if the end date has been changed? The details of how it works can be as is easiest to implement.
    See case CX0012556638…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Invoicing: Auto adjust the account column width (or wrap text) so that the full account name can be seen when creating an invoice in New Invoicing. Currently users have to click on the account within each line to see the full account name. In Classic invoicing the account box automatically adjusts so that the full account name can be seen.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Once a report is published, there's no way to edit the name. I like to add a reference in the publish-name of a report so that I can easily find the specific one that I'm looking for in the list of published reports - especially useful when you're publishing multiple bank account reconciliation reports. Sometimes I forget, and the only way to change the name of a published report is to delete the report and re-create it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Audit trail of logins to Xero - there seems to be a series of different visual aids and short screen reports showing when a user last logged in, however from an audit perspective, it would be ideal to have a report that can be run for set periods showing when users have logged in. The information to run this type of report is there from the History and Notes report and the Assurance Dashboard. However a report that shows a time/date stamp would be ideal as evidence in cases of fraud/performance management

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great if in Xero Blue you could see from the contact profile that they have a credit instead of money owed $0.00.

It would also be helpful if when creating and invoice or before sending the invoice if a pop up appeared advising the client has credit and asking if you would like to use it.

Also having the ability to transfer credit between groups/entities would be helpful. At the moment if someone has a credit note against one entity we need to reverse the credit note and reprocess it under the entity you want to credit.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback here. Currently when you create a credit note/overpayment the balance is reflected in the contacts record. This shows as a negative value in the list of the customer's invoices.

With new invoicing, if you create an invoice for a contact that has outstanding credit, you'll be asked if you'd like to allocate this credit once the invoice has been approved. You'll also see the available credit and option to apply each time you view an approved invoice. 

While it's not possible to allocate credit from one contact to another you could edit an existing credit note to change the contact without having to recreate it from scratch. 

• Don't see your idea?